It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today (RT.com) Is Russia's Propaganda Channel - "Truth is not the mission at RT"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

"Russian's don't even go to the bathroom without a plan" was cold war hyperbole though (actually that sentiment perpetuated through our own media). I don't doubt at all that they do work for Putin, but I've also seen more people struggle with it and quit the network than I have with MSM who is equally controlled (by businessmen like Murdoch who have stake in how the news portrays certain things). So I would guess they still cover real news, and there have been stories I think RT covered fairly well. So i think you are better off getting the point of view of all sides and being skeptical than you are trusting one side in favor of the other.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
who's saying "you should trust them " ?

There have been people on ATS who swear by Russia Today. More than just a few have said it's more trustworthy than the Western MSM. I've asked why Russia Today can be trusted. How can it be trusted 'more' .. how can it be trusted at all? The Western MSM sucks. But so does Russia Today, and Press TV, and so does the state run DPRK outlet. I'd just like to hear someone tell me something about the way Russia Today operates that would make me believe what they say. That's all.

fair enough.. even if someone tried to convince you RT was Trustworthy ....would you really believe them ?
just saying follow your gut and don't step in the bull# ...

even though i know they have been producing propaganda i still use RT as an news source for topics that have no political connection .

i dono about you but since becoming a student of knowledge here at ATS i have developed a "keen eye" in detecting BS that msm put's out ...

humbly

LSH

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

On second thought

I'd like to create a new News network called 'America Today" or AT for short and then have it focus only on everything that's wrong with Russia...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
They used to cover topics that US MSM would not. I don't really trust now pay much attention to nor trust RT now days for obvious reasons, same with US MSM. During the 2012 election, US news was ignoring to unfairly attacking a certain candidate. RT was one of the few new sources many could turn to. Too bad then if the time has passed or are there really still certain unbiased stories that the US refuses to cover but RT does.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I'd like to create a new News network called 'America Today" or AT for short and then have it focus only on everything that's wrong with Russia...

I think the other networks have pretty much got that covered.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Is it possible that this thread was a result of frustration from the Russian government capitalizing on the fact that there is a massive conspiracy demographic here in the West (largely represented here on ATS) and filtering their state run news outlet in such a way that it persuades conspiracy minded individuals from the West to lean more in favor of Russia?

It seems pretty clear that you are far from a pro-Russian sentiment... and it would make sense that it bothers you seeing the tool which you created, creating pro-Russian sentiment..

I am by no means what-so-ever pro-Russian.. and when i see what RT has to say about world news, i do it very bitterly.. as i do with all the other outlets...

Would you mind telling me a few of your favorite 'objective' world news outlets?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SUBKONCIOUS

My view is, even if Russia were aimed at open minded westerners, so what? What's wrong with them becoming pro russian? If anything it balances things out nicely.. our governments get away with too much, in liege with NWO overlords, so why not support the Russian governments effort to stand up to it?

If it wasn't for Russia Damascus (or what would have been left of it) would be in the hands of "Islamic State" militant extremists by now...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Its good to know that....

Many on ATS would not like to believe this, unfortunately......

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks for this post! Been trying to do one like this but i'm no good at posts.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Sounds like you are just making statements without backing them up with anything.

I have not once observed RT telling a deliberate lie.

On the other hand I notice that they concentrate on particular issues when there are bigger and more interesting things happening in the world; so I don't think it is a balanced news outlet, giving value to world news without any agenda.

It is very suspicious how this article made the top headline here at ATS.
edit on 6-8-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
My view is, even if Russia were aimed at open minded westerners, so what?

Every single day we're lying

So what? You dismiss lies too easily.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'd love to see the long list of Russia Today articles criticizing Putin and Russian policies...

Oh, that's right.. state run media.

Yes, American media (supposedly just as biased if not more) criticizes the president and government policy daily.

If you refuse to see this blatant difference then you are being willfully ignorant.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

So who can we trust now, regarding current events?

either go to the source ourselves or rely on an independent news pipeline?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

... and the BBC (which I refuse to watch anymore)
Slates British government daily.

This is the point people.. Open your eyes, lay down that glass of kool aid.

You're being manipulated on a grand scale from RT.. their laughing at you.
edit on Wed, 06 Aug 2014 15:54:12 -0500543America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

So who can we trust now, regarding current events?

either go to the source ourselves or rely on an independent news pipeline?

Ultimately .. trust No One..

(post by Vovin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Russia Today, or as many know it, RT.COM, is the state-funding propaganda machine from the Kremlin's Ministry of Mass Media..

From RT's website..

''The channel is government-funded ..''

C'mon people! This is nothing more than a thinly veiled attack on Russia, using a common interest (MSM) as a weapon.

FAIL!

Such an insidious and hypocritical thread.

This is what happens folks when the 'mods' are above moderation.

ATS FAIL!

OP you need a better tin foil hat for is evidently not working.

TIN-HAT FAIL!

lol what a joke

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here is RT caught red handed lying about Ukraine.

They are using images from Syria .

I can bring loads and loads of instances..

If the BBC tried this in the UK.. those responsible would be sacked.
Their would be a public outcry.

In the RT scenario.. you can't sack the leaders.. because they are the Kremlin

www.examiner.com...

Russia’s propaganda war stooped to unimaginable lows with respect to its coverage of the events in Ukraine. Russian media used images and videos from Syria, Chechnya, Dagestan, Kabardino-Balkaria, Bosnia, India, China and Australia to illustrate alleged atrocities of the Ukrainian government. It claimed that Ukraine no longer exists as a country (including statements to this effect by the head of Russia Today (RT) Margarita Simonyan), labeling its territory as mystical “Novorussia.” It declared Ukrainian people to be the “occupants” on their own land and actively recruited mercenaries to fight against the military of Ukraine.

Russian mainstream media shamelessly claimed that Ukrainian military “harvests organs” from living people, that Ukrainian government is building “concentration camps” and imprisoning all healthy males on the territories that have been recently freed from Russia-sponsored terrorist/separatist forces. This information is also being actively disseminated by Russia’s leading propagandists (such as Alexander Dugin, who deliberately used unrelated images of dead children to corroborate his hysterical calls for all able-bodied Russians to travel across the border and wage war against Ukraine’s military, government and people).

edit on Wed, 06 Aug 2014 16:01:08 -0500014America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Really?

Russian mainstream media shamelessly claimed that Ukrainian military “harvests organs” from living people, that Ukrainian government is building “concentration camps” and imprisoning all healthy males on the territories that have been recently freed from Russia-sponsored terrorist/separatist forces.

I have yet to read that at RT.com care to link the story?

only story i read about organ harvesting on RT is this one
rt.com...
edit on 6-8-2014 by Cantbebothered because: (no reason given)

(post by Vovin removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join