It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New GOP Leader Lets Lobbyist Sit In On Interviews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
New GOP Leader Lets Lobbyist Sit In On Interviews
(politico.com)

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise got some help interviewing potential new hires for his press shop from an unlikely source: a federal lobbyist.

Quinn Gillespie & Associates’ John Feehery sat in on and participated in multiple official interviews with job candidates last month for the new majority whip’s press operation. Scalise has not yet announced who he will name as his communications director.

Sometimes lawmakers rely on lobbyists for strategic advice. But inviting a lobbyist into an interview is highly unusual. Several ethics lawyers and current and former leadership aides said they have never heard of a similar arrangement.

Scalise enjoys closer relationships with lobbyists than many House conservatives — a reality that is sometimes helpful but also adds to his reputation of being closer to the establishment wing of the party than some in the conference had wanted.

So when does the political madness end? The TP evicts Cantor, and the new majority whip has a federal lobbyist sitting in on job interviews for his staff...

The charade continues.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

"So when does the political madness end?"

When republican voters who live in gerrymandered districts wake up. That the current GOP is not interested in their well being. One party is worse than the other.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

When republican voters who live in gerrymandered districts wake up. That the current GOP is not interested in their well being. One party is worse than the other.

One question.

Does the Democratic party affiliate with lobbyists?

Take off your blinders and open your eyes to the fact that BOTH parties are sellouts to special interests. The only time they throw us citizens a bone with some meat scraps on it, is a few months before an election........

Lobbyists and their money need to GO!!! I remember Obama making a campaign promise that he would do away with them? What happened?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I see the "Both Sides" excuse has already hit your Thread.

Strange how those very same Posters don't scream "BOTH SIDES" when a Right Wing Poster starts a Left Bashing Thread.

I wonder why?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey, I have to give this fellow credit. He is being very transparent.
He is openly showing where his loyalties lie.

Which means that everyone with 1/2 a brain, should be working immediately to get him the hell out of office.

*** Guess nothing can be done about him til 2016. That sucks.
edit on 6-8-2014 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Do you also believe in fairy tales , Santa Clause, and that one party is immune to lobbying pre$$ure , and that lobbyist wouldn't pay off both parties to get what they want done?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Hey, I have to give this fellow credit. He is being very transparent.
He is openly showing where his loyalties lie.

Which means that everyone with 1/2 a brain, should be working immediately to get him the hell out of office.

*** Guess nothing can be done about him til 2016. That sucks.

I think it shows that they have the system so controlled and the peopled so fooled that they just don't even care anymore how visible the corruption is .

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

One question.

Does the Democratic party affiliate with lobbyists?

Take off your blinders and open your eyes to the fact that BOTH parties are sellouts to special interests. The only time they throw us citizens a bone with some meat scraps on it, is a few months before an election........

Lobbyists and their money need to GO!!! I remember Obama making a campaign promise that he would do away with them? What happened?

What happened is: he loaded his cabinet with them.

I don't understand how anyone can actually think that both parties don't have the same agenda.
1. Bigger gov't
2. More corporation friendly laws.
3. Take money away from the middleclass so they don't save it and transfer it over to consumers who don't have the moneyto consume.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No is not madness, is just no reason to hide the obvious anymore, because people or let say voters don't give a crap anymore, you see any protest?

No you will not.

See, before lobbyist were like rats, hidden in the garbage looking for the right moment to buy their political whores in secret meetings.

Now they don't need to hide, now they actually pay for the political whores to run for positions of power, occurs they will be choosing their investments closes staff, is been bought and pay for their own it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

One party is worse than the other.

Absolutely! It's not that one party is evil and the other is perfect, it's just that one is definitely worse. They're imploding.

Chiefsmom, if only the majority of the voting public HAD half a brain!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Obama made more promises than that, lol. Don't you just love politicians? They sell you a bill of goods and than once they're in office they get amnesia.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes I know lobbyists are a cancer where ever there is power. But how can a working person vote for the current republican? They are so slanted to the rich man's wants and benefits and taxes. At least democrats think we should have a livable wage that will actually provide basics. The republicans have gone too too far right and hate everyone except the wealthy.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Lobbyists are a cancer in politics. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise should be put before the ethics committee.

top topics

join