It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Hebrew Understanding of Demons - The Recurring Lie On ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Demons were never considered "good" by ancient Hebrews. While there may have been some sects of them who believed that, just as there are today, most literature including what we think is the oldest book we have, and a part of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Book of Enoch - shows that God condemned them.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyone who told you it was a commonly held belief that demons were good with God just because God uses them to test people - lied to you. If that person is a smart person, they probably lied willfully.

More good reading, if old books about God, angels, and demons interest you. This book is also filled to the top with wisdom: en.wikipedia.org...

It should be noted that all we have are copies of copies of both books, not the originals, and radiometric dating is extremely flawed.

Oh, and demons do give us knowledge in the Book of Enoch, btw - knowing we would misuse it.
edit on 6-8-2014 by WeAllDieSoon because: Title

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAllDieSoon

Demons.....are real? And not...a...er... metaphor?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

That is a topic for a different thread

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So your OP is from the point of view that "they are real"? Honesty, I only clicked it because I hoped someone was bringing it up to discuss whether they are fictitious or factual - not which-ever mythology ABOUT THEM (as though they are real) one adheres to.

I tend to think that it makes sense that some people believe God would have invented them to test us. That is what the whole "Job" thing was about.

But I don't have much more to say - because I don't believe in them anyway. Never met one. Some say they have, or have "hosted" one or more.

I DO, however, believe in angels!! I've had plenty of "supportive" things happen - disasters averted, etc.

Strange, I know. But I'm strange.
LOL!!

Carry on then. It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds. BTW, "how do you know?"
edit on 8/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Did you know hippies were a result of the CIA working with Nazi war criminals to brainwash Soviets? I bring that up because of your avatar. Look at what happened in the 70s, spiritually and economically - worldwide. No matter how benevolent a lie sounds, a lie is poison.

I don't believe in them either. They exist, but like you said, that is not the topic.

Oh, and God didn't invent them. He just uses them.
edit on 6-8-2014 by WeAllDieSoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If the Gods of old were aliens...why not the demons too......

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Really? Nope - how do you know that? I was one of those "hippies" in the 70s. Never met a Nazi, or a CIA guy.
Hmm.
We were just really sick of war and toeing the establishment line.

I don't believe in them either. They exist, but like you said, that is not the topic.

You don't believe in "whom" either?
Hippies?
Or demons?
And if "they exist", why do you not believe in them???

Or ..... what???

edit on 8/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Really? Nope - how do you know that? I was one of those "hippies" in the 70s. Never met a Nazi, or a CIA guy.
Hmm.

lol kinda like OWS huh? Put it in Google and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Controlling the masses is chess not checkers. Topic for different thread
edit on 6-8-2014 by WeAllDieSoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Yeah, kinda like OWS.
How about you show me your sources for that (off-topic) claim??

You seem to know a lot - can't you just answer the people who are responding? Until someone more 'on topic' comes along?

It helps to clarify your premise.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Hmm.

You don't believe in "whom" either?
Hippies?
Or demons?
Or what???

I was a 60s hippy....we were simply fed up with the two faced lies......we still are.......

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Exactly. And it's not that far a stretch from "hippiedom" to not believing religious two-faced lies. Enter New-Age thought.

Yeah, we're still angry all right!!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yeah, kinda like OWS.
How about you show me your sources for that (off-topic) claim??

You seem to know a lot - can't you just answer the people who are responding? Until someone more 'on topic' comes along?

It helps to clarify your premise.

There are endless articles on this topic. Just type "CIA paperclip hippies Soviets" in Google.

Hippies were a mind control experiment. They became useful for perception management after that. You weren't going against the "establishment." You were a pawn in a chess game. How do you get people to accept the Corporate Mentality WITHOUT contrasting it to hippies? Lol

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Are you going to continue on topic here?
I want to hear about your "demons"...

also - not clear on whether you believe in them, or don't. Or WHOM it is that exists but you don't believe in.

(I know how to play chess, btw...please don't talk to me like I'm a dolt.)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

a reply to: stirling

Exactly. And it's not that far a stretch from "hippiedom" to not believing religious two-faced lies. Enter New-Age thought.

Yeah, we're still angry all right!!

"New-Age" thought is not New. Goes back to Babylon. Boy, for someone so concerned about avoiding religious lies....

BTW, almost every politician who claimed to be a Christian was a liar. Bush is a rather hilariously obvious example. They view Christianity as a philosophy and not a religion. Obama is a Theosophist (google).

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I know about New-Age religion, too. And how far back it goes. Thanks.

ARE YOU going to discuss your demons, or just keep trashing me?
Poor etiquette.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Are you going to continue on topic here?
I want to hear about your "demons"...

also - not clear on whether you believe in them, or don't. Or WHOM it is that exists but you don't believe in.

(I know how to play chess, btw...please don't talk to me like I'm a dolt.)

That is not the topic.

No, I do not believe in demons. I believe in God.

The topic is whether ancient Hebrews considered demons to be good or not. The lie being spread is that Christianity changed the meaning of demons. I see it constantly.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I know about New-Age religion, too. And how far back it goes. Thanks.

ARE YOU going to discuss your demons, or just keep trashing me?
Poor etiquette.

I didn't trash you. Don't trash me.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Okay - well, your tone is rather off-putting.

Here, I'll help you get back on topic.

I thought your thread was going to be about whether demons are real or not. Obviously you didn't want to go that direction.
So - who is it that exists but you don't believe in?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

No, I do not believe in demons. I believe in God.

The topic is whether ancient Hebrews considered demons to be good or not. The lie being spread is that Christianity changed the meaning of demons. I see it constantly.

Well, if you don't believe in demons, then ALL things said about them are lies.

Maybe you could change the title to reflect your topic better?
Or not. Up to you, of course. Sorry to have intruded.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

lmao u are smarter than u let on. I knew it before but that was too funny. Feel free to start a topic on it and I will comment

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join