It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Independence, At Gunpoint

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
I'm suprised the US or isreal isn't to blame... No no, just those evil ole English this time

Do you never quit.??
The decision was made in Scotland..So tempted to say "By Girders", but unfortunately the decision was made jointly by top Scots rozer Stephen House and Scottish governments minister for Justice Kenny MacAaskill..who coincidentally was once arrested in 1999 outside Wembley stadium for being drunk and disorderly and behaving in a Boisterous manner..
in other words, he was pished at a Scotland V England game, probably wearing a "See you jimmy Bunnet" and a Kilt complimented by the obligatory, though less fashionable Cat Boot...

All charges were dropped...

Personally I would have shot him on the spot/Sporran just for the Cat Boots and Kilt Combo.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

We are a popular lot we scots...outside of England of course.

Actually, you are very well liked in many parts of England.....we just don't like to broadcast it, we do have a certain reputation to maintain.

However, come any sporting contest then the old rivalries surface....as it should.

ETA

That glock stuff is just silly scaremongering...

Got to agree with you there.
edit on 6/8/14 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Is the scaling up of officers carrying weapons a result of higher risk crimes in Scotland, or is this happening in preparation for possible civil unrest after the referendum ?

Just asking

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't think theres more officers with guns just instead of having to keep it locked up in the car safe they're carrying their personal protection weapon on them at all times and i suppose it makes sense in that if a time critical event happened having to stop the car, unlock the safe, grab the weapon and then exit the car followed by securing it properly it could save valuable seconds should they be needed, its more worrying for me if they were wandering around with the full mp5's and the rest of the toys they have available and the rules are pretty strict on firearms as i think even drawing your weapon would require a shed load of paperwork after the event never mind actually using it where you have to account and give reason for every round you fire

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I would like to think I had friends in the force some of them close friends and they are concerned themselves for a few reasons.... The armed response units have always had the reputation for being highly trained, and if you see that Landrover arrive you knew the situation had escalated and it was time to step back if you were a bystander. these weapon trained guys classed themselves as "Elite" but now they feel their position has been undermined. I watched them not long ago stop apprehend 3 jewellery shop robbers in a built up area and it took seconds to deal with due to their almost military response. Nobody was hurt, no members of the public were at risk, it was a stop, get them out, get them away job.
Im sure the robbers realised when they saw rifles in their faces that lie down on your face was the best option.

Having the police on the "Beat" carry hand guns and expecting them to be used with this same professionalism is not going to happen, they themselves are concerned about having to carry and they dont have the same level of training and no experience in dealing with a situation using their new role in the publics eye. One thing my friends and I agree on is that having a holster on your belt will certainly put a huge distance between them and us. We wont trust them in the way the majority of Scottish historically have. A good example is the community police officer. Someone who is on the ground in an area walking the beat a lot of the time instead of in a car. Our own CPC knows the teenagers in the area and with a warning and whisper in their ear he can control a situation or let someone know he knows something and they better behave.

IMO working with the press in the area, I have to wonder what the long term agenda is. Is it the referendum?...no I dont think so.... I think its more about the removal of freedoms and rights, hell I live 100 yards from the largest CCTV monitoring system in the West coast of Scotland and cant walk 20 yards without being viewed by a camera...and I dont live in the center of town.

Respects

edit on 23-8-2014 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: captiva

Great reply, sorry for the late acknowledgment, I only just found it.

One thing that bothers me is a gun grab. Drunk, crazy, or hardcore, a Glock wandering about on the street is just asking to be hijacked.
edit on 12 9 2014 by Kester because: punctuation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join