It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Darwin Award winner this year is.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yes...that is right......this years Darwin award goes to this guy. Posing for a selfie with a gun to his head and accidentally kills himself. Sorry, but I really have no sympathy for stupidity this blatant.

It may seem obvious, but if you really must take a gun selfie, it’s probably best you point the barrel away from your head.

Oscar Otero Aguilar unfortunately learned the hard way, accidentally killing himself while posing for a selfie with a .38 pointing toward – that’s right – his head.

The incident happened last weekend just north of Mexico City. Reports suggest the 21-year-old veterinarian had been partying with friends, and had grabbed his smartphone – and gun – for a selfie that he intended to post on Facebook.

Source

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
iPhone…..iShot…..isdead……….

Numbskull……………

PDUK

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Smart guy...

Second line.....because I have nothing else to say. No sympathy here. It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Did the photo come out at least?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Poor idiot

I'm sure his friends and family will miss him.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Little early yet for the winner, but I'm guessing he is definitely in first place.

I won't give my opinion on selfies, but seriously, possibly alcohol, gun and selfie. He definitely should not have had a gun.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
And the world becomes a more peaceful place, one idiot at a time.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I suppose it one thing to rub your belly and pat your head, its quite another to snap a picture and NOT pull the trigger. Silly rabbit.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Brings a new meaning to the word "Selfie"

edit on 6-8-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Why do I have a feeling that his last words were...

"Bueno cada uno, mira esto!"

"Hey every one, watch this!" (Had to use Google translate as my Spanish is extremely rusty at the moment...ya don't use it, ya lose it)
edit on 6-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling, apparently my English is rusty as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Totally concur. Tragedy, etc but very hard to feel any sympathy at all....except for his family. But as to him, is it wrong of me to be slightly glad there is one less numpty around to potentially snag one of my daughters in future? Not glad he is dead but glad there is one less idiot about......

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Now we have proof that selfies can kill. Let's put all our efforts into stopping this violent trend.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This goes to show you folks. Guns don't kill people. Selfies do.

But in all seriousness, you are pointing a loaded gun with the safety off right at your head? WTF was this guy thinking!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

"Here, hold my beer, i wanna try something"

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

this thread made me think about this.

On October 12, 1984, the cast and crew of Cover Up were filming the seventh episode of the series, "Golden Opportunity", on Stage 17 of the 20th Century Fox lot. One of the scenes filmed that day called for Hexum's character to load blanks into a .44 Magnum handgun. When the scene did not play as the director wanted it to play in the master shot, there was a delay in filming. Hexum became restless and impatient during the delay and began playing around to lighten the mood. Apparently, he had unloaded all but one (blank) round, spun it, and in what would appear to be a game of Russian roulette, at 5:15 p.m., he put the revolver to his right temple and pulled the trigger.
Jon-Erik Hexum

i say he gets a vote.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
I suppose it one thing to rub your belly and pat your head, its quite another to snap a picture and NOT pull the trigger. Silly rabbit.

Ha...had not thought about that. Reflexively pulling the trigger with the opposite hand because the other hand is snapping a pic. This has Darwin winner all over it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

Action photo's on a smart phone never turn out quite right, usually have to try a few times for the right shot

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
First two rules of firearm safety:

A gun is always loaded.

Never point a gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy.

I'd teach him that but, I see he learned his lesson.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni
Did the photo come out at least?

Ha..yeah....my thought was "Did he get the shot?" Yes...pun intended.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

"Hey every one, watch this!"

How about, "Look ma, no brains!"
edit on 6-8-2014 by intrptr because: spelling on a one liner, shheeez

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join