It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a Hurricane A'Comin'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Halong, currently a West Pacific category 1 hurricane, is forecast to be downgraded to a tropical storm.

However, tropical storms are known for dropping copious amounts of rainwater, and while the main forecast model (per cyclocane.com) has this [soon-to-be] tropical storm going over southern Japan and then over the Sea of Japan to the west of Japan, most of the spaghetti models have the storm going right over Japan INCLUDING THE VICINITY OF FUKUSHIMA!

The question is: how much water will drop on the mountains to the west of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant site, and how will this increase the flow of the infamous groundwater from those mountains toward the plant, groundwater which has been bedeviling TEPCO for quite some time.

Will this tropical storm take slow moving groundwater and turn it into fast moving groundwater?

To what degree will an increased flow of groundwater shove the nuclear power plant buildings out of place, buildings which are reputed to be sinking into a quicksand of mud?

P.M.
edit on 6-8-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Added url to website reference.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough
Halong, currently a West Pacific category 1 hurricane, is forecast to be downgraded to a tropical storm.

However, tropical storms are known for dropping copious amounts of rainwater, and while the main forecast model (per cyclocane.com) has this [soon-to-be] tropical storm going over southern Japan and then over the Sea of Japan to the west of Japan, most of the spaghetti models have the storm going right over Japan INCLUDING THE VICINITY OF FUKUSHIMA!

I believe Fukushima, and the factors which have allowed it to happen, is the single most dire situation on the planet, far surpassing AGW or CO2 emissions.

Gaza and the Ukraine and the march towards WWIII are not contenders for the title but directly connected via the constant presence of the Nuclear Arsenal and it's inseparable relationship to Nuclear powered electricity generation.

Having said that, I consider the constant cycle of ridiculous threads you post to be of absolutely no benefit whatsoever to a realistic discussion of the three ongoing meltdowns that are spewing into the ocean and atmosphere.

"INCLUDING THE VICINITY OF JAPAN" does not need to be shouted. We know Japan gets typhoons regularly, just as we know another big earthquake is a certainty.

We know the rain will wash more radioactive isotopes into the ocean and enter the food chain of which we are the eventual consumer.

We don't need to hear questions about the temperature of your tapwater, combustion of the atmosphere, buildings sliding into the ocean or Nikola Tesla's ability to split the world in two.

There are myriad genuine concerns that you consistently never seem to touch on.

It's almost like you're deliberately derailing, deflecting and distracting from the real issues.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hmmmm, it seems that there are elements in the Internet reading audience (and not just here at ATS) who will fight tooth and nail against the notion that the reactor buildings at Fukushima Daiichi may be shifting due to flowing groundwater.

This type of thing only makes me more fervently believe that there is something to this proposition.

Furthermore, it certainly seems that the highly criticized ice wall in progress for the Daiichi nuclear power plant site is a feeble, last ditch attempt not so much to prevent the reactors' affecting the groundwater, but rather to prevent the groundwater's affecting the reactor buildings.

As an aside, it has been said: "In a debate, I can always tell the truth teller from the liar. The truth teller will attack his opponent's premises; the liar will attack his opponent."

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well it looks like accuweather.com is not downplaying storm Halong with this headline: "Japan in Harm's Way From Typhoon Halong" with story dated Aug. 6, 2014 at www.accuweather.com... .

P.M.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I agree 100%. These nonsensical postings only serve to drive people away from talking about the real issues going on at Fukushima. I would go so far as to say it may be a deliberate attempt at sidetracking serious discussions. I wonder who would benefit from side tracking serious discussions?

Hmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Although I agree with you I would have no problem disscussing these topics with the this poster except he always falls back on assumptions and disregaurds science and facts as if he is above them. I must admit thought if you keep asking for sources and evidance they do eventually try. So let's Start this again I guess.

Can you please explain how increased amounts of rain water could influence the rates of ground water flow.

Can you please provide your source where it statesstates the buildings are sinking in a quicksand of mud.

Also explain why you believe the ice wall is for some other purpose than restricting ground water.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
As of this writing, most of the spaghetti models at cyclocane.com have Storm Halong projected to go over the Sea of Japan, with some exceptions.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

I agree 100%. These nonsensical postings only serve to drive people away from talking about the real issues going on at Fukushima. I would go so far as to say it may be a deliberate attempt at sidetracking serious discussions. I wonder who would benefit from side tracking serious discussions?

Hmmmmmmm

Anyone that would choose to engage him in discussion I guess.

And speak of the devil, here he is.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

And speak of the devil, here he is.

How do you know my name?

How do you think that I benefit from this? If you are talking about me. If not disregard this.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There's another hurricane a'comin'.

And another hurricane a'comin'.

If you refer to the weather map at cyclocane.com, you will see that there are hurricanes Julio and Iselle over the Pacific Ocean, and guess where most of the projected spaghetti models have these storms headed?

They're aiming their sights right on Fukushima prefecture, that's where.

Well, these two storms are well to the east and far away from Japan, so it's way too early to really predict where they will end up.

Guess what?

There's yet another hurricane a'comin'.

That's right. There's Genevieve over the Pacific, too.

Genevieve is headed mostly north with a bit of an offset to the west, but if it stays on this track, it will probably go nowhere near Japan, but then again, it's quite early, and you just never know with these storms.

That's all for now.

P.M.
edit on 7-8-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected usage.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Typhoon number 11 has landed on Fukuoka Island. Aug. 9. Not sure of the path yet, but doesn't look like it will head toward Tokyo though. Much flooding is predicted on this one though.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
September 17, 2014, 11:29AM

As of this writing, cyclocane.com is reporting that there is storm system SIXTEEN near Japan forecast to become a category 2 hurricane, then, later, a category 1 hurricane passing over Japan to the west of Fukushima and then making an abrupt right turn to the east, this turn occurring in the vicinity of Fukushima.

P.M.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough
September 17, 2014, 11:29AM

As of this writing, cyclocane.com is reporting that there is storm system SIXTEEN near Japan forecast to become a category 2 hurricane, then, later, a category 1 hurricane passing over Japan to the west of Fukushima and then making an abrupt right turn to the east, this turn occurring in the vicinity of Fukushima.

P.M.

Since I posted the above report on storm system SIXTEEN, now referred to by the name Fong-Wong, the forecast has gone through a number of revisions.

It was originally forecast to go from a depression to a category 1 hurricane and then to a category 2 hurricane. The forecast had been downgraded for the storm to reach weak tropical storm status.

Now, the storm has been upgraded and is projected to be a stronger tropical storm.

Here's the thing: along the way, the projected paths of the storm went all over the map with frequent revisions.

Now, the main projected path has the storm aiming right for Fukushima.

Stay tuned. How much rain comes out of this remains to be seen.

P.M.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
According to cyclocane.com, storm Phanfone is projected to be a category 1 hurricane when it pretty much makes a direct hit on Fukushima, Japan in about 5 days from now.

The prior storm Fong-Wong was projected to head toward Japan, but before that actually happened, it had been downgraded to a tropical storm and then apparently disintegrated to nothing.

However, while Fong-Wong was still a tropical storm, it dumped over 3 feet of rain over an area of Taiwan.

We have to keep an eye on Phanfone to see what it eventually does.

P.M.

top topics

join