It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commuters Push Train To Free Trapped Passenger In Perth, Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Just wanted to post a lil good news. It is good to see there is still good in people to help out. Big props to the Australians i would hate to think how this would of turned out say in NY. Most would of took out their cell phones and recorded it instead of jumping so fast to help maybe im wrong but leave that 1 up 2 you 2 decide.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 6-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: forgot link duh..

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

seems far too risky to me.. im glad the guys ok but.. I dunno.. probably not the safest way to save him!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Good news is always welcome....s&f

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Nice story, always a bit uplifting to hear about and see people rushing to assist those in need.

As far as the US, well the areas of the country where people would rush to assist typically don't have those types of commutes.

Okies for one, and I am sure there are more, are still that breed of people that will rush to assist first... often before assessing the risks.. (got to love red necks some times)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

seems far too risky to me.. im glad the guys ok but.. I dunno.. probably not the safest way to save him!

Well, quickly think of some other method. Now...fast! A man may loose his leg if you don't act quickly. Crap or get off the pot. I think they did a tremendous job. Hats off to all the rescuers!

In emergency rescue situations, many of the life saving techniques and MacIver solutions ARE and always will be risky....hence the emergency and the rescuers professional sense of urgency.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

G,day mate.
piffle poppycock and rubbish
what do you suggest cut off the blokes leg
call the bloody fire brigade or the ambo's
get the train to move forward and rip off his leg
or you gonna stand there wave your arms in the bloody air and say of dear what shall we do some one do something
well this mob of aussies did do something.
they did what had to be done and they used the K.I.S.S. principle
to all the people in W. A. well done people well bloody done
and to borrow one of Bally's comments
cheers and beers
no not you
the west aussie's
think i need a carlton
:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I thought it was brilliant. well done. i thought it was one of the most uplifting stories this year.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Best news i've seen in 2014. We can indeed move mountains if we wanted to.
I always liked Australia as a sunny, laid back country and i wish i could live there. You guys rock

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Man I hate the Joondalup line, the people are so pushy

2nd.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pronto

G,day mate.
piffle poppycock and rubbish
what do you suggest cut off the blokes leg
call the bloody fire brigade or the ambo's
get the train to move forward and rip off his leg
or you gonna stand there wave your arms in the bloody air and say of dear what shall we do some one do something
well this mob of aussies did do something.
they did what had to be done and they used the K.I.S.S. principle
to all the people in W. A. well done people well bloody done
and to borrow one of Bally's comments
cheers and beers
no not you
the west aussie's
think i need a carlton
:

Creatures for me thanks!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Man I hate the Joondalup line, the people are so pushy

2nd.

G,day Rifraaf
your a sick man
but i'm still laughing
good one mate

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
I thought it was brilliant. well done. i thought it was one of the most uplifting stories this year.

G,day mate
great play on words girl
well volleyed
and have one of these on me

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Way to go!

See what humans can accomplish when they work together?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

Best news i've seen in 2014. We can indeed move mountains if we wanted to. I always liked Australia as a sunny, laid back country and i wish i could live there. You guys rock

You cant judge one part of the of huge continent like Australia on just one part of it!
WA is not indicative of most of Australia so your comments are very big generalisation perhaps what you meant to say was i wish i could live in WA or Qld or croc dundee land NT possibly.
I think Sydney and Melbourne might possibly surprise you. You know, like lots of screams of Allah akbar at certain times & violent crims like most big cities not really safe for most US citizens i suggest!.

edit on 13-8-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff
I think you underestimate the rest of Australia, yeah of course we Sandgroppers are superior in every regard, but I'm sure the same thing could have happened in western Sydney, or outer Melbourne or anywhere else that there is commuter congestion.

It couldn't have happened on the line I commute on because there just isnt the volume of people at a station to be able to do that. Same city, similar trains... just nowhere near as packed!

My point: PUT SOME MORE TRAINS ON THE J-LINE COLIN!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

I think you underestimate the rest of Australia, yeah of course we Sandgroppers are superior in every regard, but I'm sure the same thing could have happened in western Sydney, or outer Melbourne or anywhere else that there is commuter congestion.

Not at all when you have been to Sydney to live & work for at least 6 months like i have done in perth (yes i have been to WA) then get back to me with an informed opinion.
Sydney is nothing like perth at all. Perth is very homogeneously Caucasian and very similar to brisbane much like a regional center any where in Australia for the most part. Perth is very much like police state as well i found. And as i am big on civil liberties i wouldn't choose it for a life time.
Sydney is the most racially/culturally diverse Metropolis in Australia. I see the ATS fan base for Australia seems to be mainly WA though reading this forum so its an unfair fight if you want to argue the point!

:mnky
edit on 14-8-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join