It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens = Angels and Demons or Angels and Demons = Aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon
a reply to: Fylgje

You seem confused about what the word "demon" means. It means "Fallen Angel." Kinda like you are a fallen human, except you are not beyond redemption. God's mercy is not extended to demons.

Why bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people is a topic so extensively covered in the Scriptures that I kinda get surprised people still say it to try to make God seem bad.

Why would a being from another world be a fallen angel?? You honestly think people from other planets know who Jesus is? Or who God is? I would imagine that they have a totally different belief system, if they have one at all. I think we should be cautious of any alien who openly comes here until we can determine what their true intentions are.

Maybe some of them are just like us and want what we want; A good relationship for the benefit of the universe. -to work together.
Labeling them all as demons is unfair and racist. It really is if you think about it.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

They didn't say the same things. They said somewhat similar things on an extremely superficial level.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllDieSoon If that is true, you are saying that the God of Christians created evil too. No demons were created in Genesis, just angels, archangels, cherubim, seraphim, etc. Those beings were the ones that came down to Earth to married the daughters of man (according to the Bible). They failed to God and they got their punishment for that. What I'm saying is that there is no being or entity created for just evil, We are all dualists in nature, we just choose what we want to be.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Yahweh said he created good and evil. But he did not create any of his creations evil. He just defined what evil is. Dualism implies good and bad are mutually inclusive. That is another lie. They are mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Abednego

Yahweh said he created good and evil. But he did not create any of his creations evil. He just defined what evil is. Dualism implies good and bad are mutually inclusive. That is another lie. They are mutually exclusive.

We can do good and we can do evil. All in the same body. Is a dualistic nature. God is not evil (according to scriptures), but letting bad things happens, what does that make him?
If you see a crime and do nothing, what does that make you?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllDieSoon

You really should study the origins of Christianity, and how science continually disproves certain teachings in the Bible, before you go around accusing other people of having illogical beliefs. IMHO.

I am aware that there are countless people with angel, or demon stories but those aren't necessarily proofs that they exist outside the human psyche. When I considered myself a Christian I believed that extra terrestrials, were fallen angels. Now I think ETs are for the most part a lot of hype and disinformation. That's a rabbit hole for another thread though.

edit on 6-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It is just the fact that when we do make contact the religions around the world will be in disarray and will scream demon to try and save any face.

it sounds like what you're saying there is sensible & obvious but apparently you didn't get the memo?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

All I said is that deductive logic does not = duality. I never accused anyone of anything. Accusing me of accusing people of things I didn't is just strange, especially considering there was a total of 2 lines of text in the post you replied to. Read the post you reply to please.

I never claimed to have proof of angels and demons existing outside the human psyche, either. That is something that can not be proven. There is tons of evidence that is not the case, though no proof.

The thread is about a topic that constantly springs up with inaccurate assumptions throughout. If you think all those people are just imagining things, the thread probably isn't for you given the topic of the thread. I would be happy to discuss the existence of God, angels, and demons with you if you would like to start a thread on what is concerning you, though.

Scientific discoveries have never disproved anything the Scripture says, and if you would like to discuss that as well, I would be happy to if you want to start a thread on that too because you are right that is a topic for a different thread.
edit on 6-8-2014 by WeAllDieSoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The word demon is from "dæmon" and "daimōn" and are Latinized versions of the Greek "δαίμων"daimōn which denotes a spirit or divine power.Those words are very unlike what they have come to mean …for instance εὐδαιμονία eudaimonia, (literally good-spiritedness) means happiness.

Demon is most often used interchangeably with a devil and then to Satan/Lucifer the "head" devil/demon.The religious concocted myth is that Satan was the "archangel" Lucifer(which is used one time in all of the scriptures and is an adjective) that rebelled against God because of pride and "fell" and 1/3 of the angels fell with him.That is religious fantasy of the highest degree.

The fact is these are all religious extrapolation and nothing more.Spirit beings do not "exist"that includes "angels….which means helper or messenger….they are all "in the carnal religious mind.The creator God is in zero need of "help" from beings to do his "bidding".A being an "angel" has never done anything to "help" anyone.... it is ALL the power of the creator God.Angels are anthropomorphic and they don't exist except in the mind of the believer.

These constructs of "evil beings" that test or cause evil is a perversion of truth.If a man commits an act of evil it is 100% from that mans nature and character… a "demon/devil" did not make or even tempt them to do it..they did it.

In other words…angels = aliens or=anything ….is complete fantasy.The religious carnal mind of man will literally "believe" anything that enters into it.Thank God the real world is nothing like what the religious carnal mind believes. Unfortunately that "mind" is the "ruler" of this world.It is "the satan"..the adversary that rules the mind of man.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

That was not the topic of the thread.

Plus, you surely believe humans influence other humans to do things such as murder. But when it comes to things you can't see, and can not control, you do not want to accept that not only is it possible, but from a purely statistical standpoint highly probable, that you ARE influenced by the unseen.

Your viewpoint is carnal.

These constructs of "evil beings" that test or cause evil is a perversion of truth.If a man commits an act of evil it is 100% from that mans nature and character… a "demon/devil" did not make or even tempt them to do it..they did it.

Full Definition of CARNAL

a : relating to or given to crude bodily pleasures and appetites
b : marked by sexuality
: bodily, corporeal
a : temporal
b : worldly

In truth, Satan causes every murder that occurs indirectly, and some directly, but the topic was about people who claim the Angels from religion are really aliens. If you don't believe angels exist (who are in truth extra-dimensional, and alien); that is a result of your carnal mind feeling a need for control.

Further, to claim God does not have his creations do work for Him (he doesn't NEED this, he CHOOSES this) is to claim that no humans do God's work.

So if it is your opinion that the angels and demons of Christianity do not exist, and if it is not your opinion that the angels and demons of Christianity are really "aliens" (specifically, aliens from another planet and not Heaven), I am not really sure why you posted.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Accusing me of accusing people of things I didn't is just strange, especially considering there was a total of 2 lines of text in the post you replied to. Read the post you reply to please.

I was making a reply to you in general based off of multiple posts I've read of yours. Sorry for the confusion.

I never claimed to have proof of angels and demons existing outside the human psyche, either. That is something that can not be proven. There is tons of evidence that is not the case, though no proof.

I never said you claimed that, I was merely adding my opinions, in answer to your OP.

The thread is about a topic that constantly springs up with inaccurate assumptions throughout. If you think all those people are just imagining things, the thread probably isn't for you given the topic of the thread.

It sounds like you don't want people who don't already share your expressed views to post. Are other opinions and facts these "inaccurate assumptions" you don't want in your thread because they challenge a dogmatic viewpoint? My post was right in line with the question asked in the thread title.

Scientific discoveries have never disproved anything the Scripture says, and if you would like to discuss that as well, I would be happy to if you want to start a thread on that too because you are right that is a topic for a different thread.

Bold statement. Not only has science contributed to disproving many Biblical beliefs, so has history. I'm guessing you are someone who has already made up their mind though. No amount of evidence will change it. So making a new thread to show you the inaccuracies of the scriptures (because there aren't enough of those already) would just be a waste of my time.

I challenge you to make a thread about scientific/historic proof for Biblical claims! No, I'm not asking you to prove God exists. There are plenty of more tangible things you could talk about. Moses, Noah, Tower of Babel, etc.

*Throws down gauntlet*

edit on 6-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: additions

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Excuses for mans failings satan is. Much easier to blame the mythical bogeyman than to admit we just like animals can be brutal and bad.
Accept who we are and stop blaming something that doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

u said that already. Makes me wonder why you came back to post...

What is even harder to accept than a false show of pretentious hardcore "responsibility"

Is the fact we have allowed ourselves (each and every one of us) to be tricked by demons who played us and convinced us to do evil things - AND we are responsible for this

When God's Spirit was constantly available to us

And God saw all of it:

You

Choosing what you see and the precepts you hear in this cursed world

Over God

And to make it all the more embarrassing, it wasn't just a simple mistake you made. It wasn't just the animal in you coming out

You were tricked into it

And so was your daddy, and his daddy, and his daddy.........

Accept that you have been fooled and stop pretending your ability to reason did not exist as you were choosing not to use it and allowing yourself to be tricked

Stop pretending God wasn't available to you as you partook in the pleasures of the flesh, and as you followed other humans into a pit that (and I mean this VERY literally) a child would have seen coming

Do you remember how you thought as a child? Do you remember wondering why adults acted the way they do? Why they keep causing all the pain and problems? Do you have the answer now that you are an adult? I don't.

Yes, a child would have seen the pit we all fell into coming. In fact almost all of us did as children. Quite possibly all of us at some point

Maybe some were just too young to remember. I think the world gets all of us at slightly different ages.

Stop pretending God wasn't available to you as you were enjoying being predatory towards others who were under the same duress as you

If you used to be Catholic, as your signature suggests
Stop pretending you didn't call that priest "Father"
When your real Father was watching you

And tell me...which person raised in which environment did Emile Zola determine to have good character?

Good people don't exist in this world - for a reason. Demons keep tricking them into thinking they are good people, and their peers reinforce the lie

But their children know better

Matthew 18:3
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." - God's Son

I don't ask my kids who they want to be like when they grow up. I want to be like them when I grow up.

God's mercy is still extended to you.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Nope my parents let me study any religion and told me to make up my own mind and I know not one religion is from God but man.
WWhy should anyone accept a version of God which is from another person? figure it out yourself and don't try to preach your version of God because lets face it no one knows the truth we can all only guess.
Also you are very wrong about children, they know when exposed to religion it is wrong but adults force them into submission to follow their version of God until like their parents they are brainwashed into believing the lie that is religion.
Demons help this of course as does Satan because of fear works...
"If you don't follow Jesus you will burn in hell" I wonder how many times I heard this as a kid and still do now?.
But I will not fall for it.
God begins where our imagination ends.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It is a hard thing to accept. No one likes to be tricked. It is embarrassing right? You want to believe that was your idea. You want to take pride in the things you have done.

Your post is confusing me. What did I say about children?

Stop pretending God wasn't available to you as you partook in the pleasures of the flesh, and as you followed other humans into a pit that (and I mean this VERY literally) a child would have seen coming

Do you remember how you thought as a child? Do you remember wondering why adults acted the way they do? Why they keep causing all the pain and problems? Do you have the answer now that you are an adult? I don't.

Also you are very wrong about children

Right....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So I take your silence to my last post as, challenge unaccepted?

Fair enough, easy to understand why.

edit on 7-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
So I take your silence to my last post as, challenge unaccepted?

Fair enough, easy to understand why.

There are endless articles on the scientific accuracy of statements made in the Bible. Why should I make a thread when anyone who is interested can look for themselves?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Why start a thread about anything than?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Here be my answer

God,Aliens,Demons and Angels

top topics

<< 1   >>

join