It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear walking upright like human

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I saw this video on Live Leak of a black bear with an injured front paw walking very well on its hind legs, and just thought how easily this could be mistaken for bigfoot.

If I was out in the woods and saw this at a distance, I would probably think I was seeing bigfoot and you would probably never be able to convince me it was just a bear lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

He was just trying very hard to be inconspicuous. He was almost on his tippy toes.

Like a Ninja Bear should be.

You have heard the expression, 'Monkey see monkey do.'

Well, now the bears are in on the act.

S&F

P

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Black bears are not common in the area where I live, but I think I may have seen one displaying this behavior.
It was in thick brush. I saw just the torso of something black and hairy walking upright in the brush.
I would guess it was in the neighborhood of 5 feet tall.
My first thought was a sasquatch. I'd never heard of black bears around here, but it turns out they do occasionally come around.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Wow. I would never have thought a bear would do this. If they were smart enough they could put on a coat and cause all kinds of mayhem in the neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
That ain't no bear, that's a goddang Sasquatch.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It's yogi bear where are them picnic baskets boo boo.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

3-Legged Bear Walks Upright

edit on 6-8-2014 by Moondoggie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Okay then!

Being I live in the mountain in Southwest Pennsylvania, back in the woods (boondocks, sticks, whatever you call it), I have black bear in my yard quite often, my yard being 275 acres of forest, 20 of which is actual grass. I see a bear at least 2 days out of a week. It's not really uncommon to see a black bear stand up to survey their surroundings. And down in the property next to mine that was clear cut, is where most of my bear sightings occur. Since that property was clear cut, the underbrush took over. Mainly blackberry plants, and being black bears are more of a forager and eat berries, that's where you find them. Note that when you find black bear scat (feces) in the woods it's full of berry seeds.

Riding my quad through the clear cuts is when I normally see the bear. On multiple occasions I've seen a black bear stand up and look at me, and if it is a mama bear, it stands up, checks me out and then charges to protect her cubs. Usually taking quite a few steps upright on its hind legs before dropping to all fours. Standing on two legs is their way of making themselves appear bigger to scare off potential threats. When you see a bear on all fours it just doesn't look as big, until a relatively small 300 lbs black bear is standing on 2 legs and is 6-7 feet tall. It's easy, at least to me, to see how a bear could be mistaken as a bigfoot. Especially depending on the angle from which you are observing the bear.

But I've never witnessed one personally walk that far on 2 legs.! Very cool video, being the wildlife lover I am! S&F
edit on CDT035110110Aug14R51 by ThisIsMyRifle because: (no reason given)

edit on CDT035340140Aug14R53 by ThisIsMyRifle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
i blame alcohol for this but he was barely walking

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

He was just trying very hard to be inconspicuous. He was almost on his tippy toes.

S&F

P

That was exactly what I was thinking. I mean think about it, you see something walking, odd color or not, upright like a person your subconscious does not put the flag up that there is something amiss. While you see something on all fours and dark color it would alert you saying "LOOK!!! A bear!!!". lol

Grim

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
But... but... but... Bigfoot...
This is devastating, you're killing Harry!!!!

Otherwise, really neat. I didn't know bears could walk so well on two feet. It makes the, "it was probably a misidentified bear very possible and sadly far more probable than I original gave it credence to. Both neat, helpful, and kind of sad really...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have heard they could do that but it is still weird just seeing that. That Bear walked pretty fluid. It was pretty funny actually. Like he was a ninja bear, lol.

He's probably thinking...I wonder if I just walk upright like these humans they won't notice me. Don't mind me checking out these garbage cans.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes, bear are responsible for the majority of genuine sasquatch sightings. Rising on two legs, and thus assuming a human-like aspect, is very common behavior for bears.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Yes, bear are responsible for the majority of genuine sasquatch sightings. Rising on two legs, and thus assuming a human-like aspect, is very common behavior for bears.

Yeah but before seeing this. Most only know of bears really standing on their hind legs, and any walking is imagined as rather slow and clumsy if at all on their hind legs.

This was anything but slow and clumsy. A bear walking like this through the woods makes the "Walking like a man" sighting more probable. This is not something most people are aware of being possible. I certainly wasn't.

The standing was never the issue. Everyone knows bears can stand. It's the walking like this so few people know about. You see a bear in the woods walking like this, and you don't think bears can, and there's foliage and stuff in the way, what is a person to think?

Everyone keeps hearing that bears stand on two feet, but they don't walk on them.

I'm still so sad... This... This really makes Bigfoot seem so much more unlikely now, at least to me... I miss him already...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

S&F

P

No joke. You should see the way they pick up lids, grab trash bags with the other paw, put the lid back on and walk off. You'd swear it was FBI in a bear suit rooting through your garbage for mail. Or Yogi, who knows.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would have turned around and went back into my house. There are only so many strange things I'm willing to put up with in any given hour.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That's my wife ! Ooh wait can't be,
She never has the hairs on her legs that short plus she can't walk by a bin without getting her head in !

I love my wife

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ur wrong its a husky ninja bro a reply to: pheonix358

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ahhhh, that's so damned cute! Someone get it a fig leaf it's ready to join the club.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Nightmare fuel, simply, Nightmare fuel. Can we get this bear a top hat and a cane?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join