Just had to see what BS I am talking about…
I have always said YUCK 100% to Brussel Sprouts
I know they are supposed to be so healthy for you.
I have always been served little green balls steaming in water that smelled to me awful.
I went to a restaurant recently and was served Brussel sprouts in a whole new way and absolutely loved them. They were split in two lengthwise
I was so shocked that I actually liked them I went home and started experimenting. Well I have come up with a recipe I love, my family loves, and
yes my guinea pig friends now love. Yes I did not mention what vegetable I was serving until it was served. They all said my recipe was a keeper!
So if you are BRAVE
and willing to try something new let me know if you now like BS…
Sautéed Brussel Sprouts
(You will never say you hate Brussel Sprouts Again)
2 lb. Fresh Medium to Small Brussel Sprouts
10-14 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
1/4 -1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 cubes of Chicken or Beef Bouillon Cubes crushed (depending on what meat you are serving)
2 T Butter melted
2 T Sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Mix together Olive Oil, Butter, Sugar, Bouillon Cubes (smash them), Garlic, Salt, & Pepper. Set aside.
2. Cut Brussel Sprouts in half lengthwise.
3. Mix the Brussel Sprouts & Olive Oil Mixture together well.
4. Place coated Brussel Sprouts in skillet greased with a little olive oil flat cut side down to start out.
5. Let sauté until the flat side browns slightly and turn. Brown slightly the other side.
6. Serve Hot with a meal, savory, yummy, nutty flavor.