It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Ship tv show and Ebola....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So....huge fan of the new show The Last Ship here. Anyone think this is an odd coincidence that it is about something that wipes civilization out and is a current show?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

No. No coincidence. Just more propaganda.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

They just went with a more realistic theme vs. the zombie apocalypse...FANTASTIC show...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

No. No coincidence. Just more propaganda.

Correct, spread fear and gain total control and wealth.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
gee i wonder,,

Resident Evil

TOTALGROSS SALES: $244,443,938 WORLDWIDE.

yeah,, guess thats not enough reason.

224 million. reasons.
edit on 8/5/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Last Ship is but one of several shows recently or currently on TV tackling the subject matter. Helix was a recent program on the SyFy network and The Strain is currently running on the FX network.

Do I think this means anything? No, but sometimes coincidences can be interesting. Oh and the Simpsons did it.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Never heard of it. Is it a US network show? I have FIOS and rarely watch network tv anymore. What station what night?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It is based on a book from 1988. Instead of a disease in the book it is a nuclear war between the USSR and US. A pandemic worked better for the TV show so they can have a chance of fixing things where as in the book they just look for a place to live and have babies.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
The Last Ship is but one of several shows recently or currently on TV tackling the subject matter. Helix was a recent program on the SyFy network and The Strain is currently running on the FX network.

Do I think this means anything? No, but sometimes coincidences can be interesting. Oh and the Simpsons did it.

Funny how the simpsons also had something sinilar on the front of a magazine for 9/11 also!

As for the show in question id say coinidence! Ebola has been around for a long time after all .

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
August 10th at 8:00 PM TNT network. Is the next show.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I knew I'd find something already here on ATS!

What I find interesting, are the similarities in the disease on the show and what we are seeing now. Of course, this is a popular theme and yes...both Ebola and the concept have been around and hashed over for a long time. However...now that the season is over and there were more revelations in the source of the virus (on the show), I DO find it provoking.

top topics

join