It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator of Experimental Ebola "Treatment" Once Joked About Culling Humanity with Engineered Virus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You wouldn't do it with an ebola virus, they don't spread well. Measles is the most infectious disease around, some form of super-measles would be the disease of choice.

I should think it would be for a cull of poor nations, as rich countries could probably manage vaccinations for even new illnesses pretty quickly.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lanisius

Sadly is been done as we speak, to think that serums or vaccines has been in the making waiting for the right amount of money and their right countries infestations to push for profits.

While the poor countries where the ebola hit first keep having their population dying, because their are not the right people the right countries and the right money.

get it, sad.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Joking about it aside, ether the amount of people on the planet has to be dramatically reduced or we are doomed as a species and so are the rest simply because we will either eat them or utilise their water supply.

Only real solution is to get off this rock and on to greener pastures or remove 95% of humanity from our Earth.

Good or Evil does not come into the equation it's simply down to resources or to be more precise the future lack of resources.
edit on 6-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's no joke. They-DR. and his staff- are the ones that have the means to do so if need in a solution as discussed. Laughing just, in their minds, made reality a little more comfortable in their conversation.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Joking about it aside, ether the amount of people on the planet has to be dramatically reduced or we are doomed as a species and so are the rest simply because we will either eat them or utilise their water supply.

Only real solution is to get off this rock and onto greener pastures or remove 95% of humanity from our Earth.

Good or Evil does not come into the equation it's simply down to resources or to be more precise the future lack of resources.

We'd probably be good with getting rid of 50%, as modern tech can make up for a lot now. I suggest the middle East and North africa as a good place to start as when their oil runs out they'll only have enough food for 1/3 of their population.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Lanisius

Sadly is been done as we speak, to think that serums or vaccines has been in the making waiting for the right amount of money and their right countries infestations to push for profits.

While the poor countries where the ebola hit first keep having their population dying, because their are not the right people the right countries and the right money.

get it, sad.

Yes, they've got the basics of a vaccine for chimps already so I don't suppose a human version would be so hard. But until there's money to be made, no company will invest in producing it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Antigod

"We'd probably be good with getting rid of 50%, as modern tech can make up for a lot now."

Still probably be in the same position 50-100 years after getting rid of only 50% of our population.

"I suggest the middle East and North africa as a good place to start as when their oil runs out they'll only have enough food for 1/3 of their population."

I'm not touching that one i'm afraid i'm just stating the facts am not up for selecting who goes and who stays!

The better solution in my opinion is colonisation of our own solar system and the eventual colonisation of others. The tech is most lightly already there all we need is the spirit to succeed! And we had better find it soon I imagine.

edit on 6-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

He may have been joking. But if you are doing that kind of joking when you work in a nuclear missile silo I believe the other airman in the silo is equipped with a sidearm to he used in the event you loose your marbles and try to push the button. It's not the best analogy but this scientist is in the business of working with organisms that could constitute a biological WMD. Someone in such a position should never make such jokes.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
And many are well rounded well adjusted members of society. There are people who are lackluster in every segment of society. Just because someone is a genius doesn't mean they're anti social . And this guy demonstrated that he has a sense of humor. Something that seems lacking in this thread.

. a reply to: lovebeck

I am well aware of that, however, some are not "well rounded" individuals and do suffer from the things I mentioned.

He may have a sense of humor, but he lacks a filter. He should have thought before he spoke, as everyone should. Making a joke about culling humanity by engineering a better virus just isn't appropriate and it's definitely inappropriate when doing so during a public speaking engagement. I'm sure his pals at the conference enjoyed it, but I doubt those who have lost loved ones to incurable viruses, etc. didn't find it funny at all.

Myself? I have a great sense of humor, but I also have a filter.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think I'd be more concerned if no one ever said anything about it. I doubt someone actually involved in doing such a thing would speak so openly about it.

Regardless, it doesn't really concern me. There's not much I could to stop such a thing from happening anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've seen the word (or concept) "Inappropriate" used a lot in this thread. I'm sure all sorts of people use the word, but in my own (limited) experience it is the domain of puckered old ladies, school administrators, and other government officials who want to say that you have no right to make that comment, but that they have no reason to object other than it makes them uncomfortable (or they think it makes someone else uncomfortable).

Saying something is "inappropriate" is saying "I don't want you to be able to say that because I don't like it."

Call it false. Call it illogical. Say it isn't funny. Even say it may hurt somebody's feelings. But to pass judgement on it and say the statement itself should never have been uttered, shows that the speaker has placed themself as judge over someone else's speech.

Governments, religions, and the Mods, can do that because they have power. In effect, they're saying "I don't like it and I will shut you up," but for use in normal speech, sorry, that's "Inappropriate."

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I watched the presentation.

The joke about the Hollywood movie is stated a few seconds after someone else jokes about Mars. This is the type of 'journalism' I expect from FOX or CNN or any main stream media...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well... You would say that huh! Look on facebook.... There was a couple guys in the UK during the riots a little while back... You see some kid got killed by police under suspicious circumstances... He had a gun then didn't have a gun, you know the usual.

So there was a protest that turned into rioting and looting.

These 2 lads put on their facebook... Lets go looting! blah blah... They didn't, and no-one elsein their town did... They got 2 years in prison for their joke... This guys jokes about killing vast swathes of the population and nowt lol...

There are many getting arrested for jokes on facebook and the like.

EDIT... Okay how about this scenario.... I'm in the army, I leave and go home, them I joke about hunting down and killing world leaders.... Think they will find it amusing? Think I would get away with my jokes??? lol...

Say I am a demolition expert and I joke that a few well placed bombs around the white house could solve america problems. Think that would be deemed a funny? Think I'd be okay?

I didn't find his "joke" amusing at all... Especially given what he does for a living!
edit on 7-8-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Lets see we are getting all hissy and bitchy about what one man says, we should not be worried about what he said but what does he know that let him say it. Im pretty sure he is a damm more qualified to know these thing than most of the people writing here. So lets worry about the message he is sending us other than killing the messenger

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If I had the mad scientist skills I'd bend my will toward sterilizing humanity. I don't want to hurt the living, I want to prevent us reproducing once and for all. Anyhow, the so called "PTB" as I see them called around here won't benefit from lowering our population, they are going to let it continue increasing so that you can get more people sick with BS food and poisonous ecosystems, to sell more and more amounts of the cures. You make more money on a larger herd.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

You make them sound like combat soldiers under fire.

No, I make them sound like human beings. Human beings tend to have a sense of humour. Though, admittedly, not all of us do.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

It sounds biblical.

I'm not laughing.
edit on 093131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

"If I had the mad scientist skills I'd bend my will toward sterilizing humanity. I don't want to hurt the living, I want to prevent us reproducing once and for all. "

That's basically the premise to the show Utopia being aired in the UK right now.

The sad fact is that ethical values don't come into it. If humanity keeps on growing at an exponential rate then in 50-100 years time our Earth's ecosystem simply won't be able to sustain our numbers not to mention the fact that our natural resources will have dwindled away to nothing by then and we will probably be reduced to roving gangs of cannibals fighting over the last supplies of water.

edit on 7-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So if I jest about the retarded procedures the TSA incorporates in searching for bombs in the security line I get brought up on terrorism charges.

This guy, at a symposium on how to better deliver vaccines through GMOs, jokes about killing two billion people and is put in charge of creating the vaccine and treatment of Ebola; and people think it's just a bad joke and laugh...

What's wrong with people? Were we all drop on our heads into a pile of paint chips as infants?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I find it more disconcerting that the research is funded by Rockefeller, then the fact he made light of depopulation. This has NWO written all over it, in my opinion.

And to be fair, 90% of all jokes subterfuge personal belief. I have no doubt he believes depopulation would solve issues. I don't, however, believe a pandemic is the right way to go about it; too messy.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join