It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator of Experimental Ebola "Treatment" Once Joked About Culling Humanity with Engineered Virus

page: 1).The
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, this should give everyone a warm fuzzy:

BOOM: Top Ebola Scientist Joked About Culling Humanity with Engineered Virus

Media coverage is now focusing on the experimental Ebola treatments being given to two American Ebola patients who contracted it while caring for victims in Africa — the site of the world's deadliest outbreak.

But that Ebola treatment, created by a leading bioengineering scientist from the University of Arizona who "joked" about wiping out humanity with a "better" genetically engineered virus during a post-lecture Q&A focused on over-population issues, citing the Hollywood film 'Contagion.'

As Truthstream Media previously reported, on February 2, 2012, Dr. Charles Arntzen, head of The Biodesign Institute for Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology, responded to a question pertaining to whether feeding the 8 billion people of the world was worth it, or whether population reduction should be pursued.

The scientist quipped:
“Has anybody seen ‘Contagion’? That’s the answer! Go out and use genetic engineering to create a better virus… 25 percent of the population is supposed to go in Contagion.”

I know some of you will say, 'he was just joking around'. But we know there are some mad scientists out there who actually believe this. They believe it, and they have the financial backing to seriously consider doing it (*ahem* Bill Gates, George Soros, etc.).

Whatever this scientist's motivation, I find it highly disturbing that he would joke about such a thing. It also betrays the contempt for humanity that many scientists hold.

Anyway. We actually trust these people? I gotta run...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I have no clue if this really means anything. It was probably JUST a sick joke.

But I will say that if such people are serious about these kinds of things, you and I might as well bend over and kiss our backsides. There is no hope of combating this type of evil....and the unfortunate truth is that, maybe not today, but someday in the future, a cabal of nut jobs will actually pull something like this off.

Frightening and depressing.

edit on 5-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

It's a rather obvious joke for someone in the field to make. I wouldn't put any store in it whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Given the increasing ease, and therefor likelihood, that this type of technology can be abused, maybe the field should forgo this type of "obvious joke".

Just sayin.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

It's a rather obvious joke for someone in the field to make. I wouldn't put any store in it whatsoever.

Oh, so it's a "thing" for them? It's "cool" to joke about pandemic armageddon in elite scientific circles?

That makes me feel so much better.
edit on 8/5/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
When asked what's the best way to keep population growth down he replied, have you seen the film contagion? That's the answer, It's simple... creat a better virus

So he's actually watched the film and thought to himself, wow this is a great way to kill lots and lots of people, this would cause mayhem, he's clearly a clever guy, and he knows full well the potential to do something like this is possible

BUT, actually going out and doing it is another matter all together, he doesn't strike me as mentally insane, he strikes me as abit of a happy go lucky joker, I think accusing g him of depopulation plots is a massive massive stretch tbh, nor do I think depopulation in Africa is of any major concern to the US or anyone else for that matter..

China for Instance has its own controls but of what use would it be to go elsewhere and force a one child birth plan, the reasons they do it is for economical purposes, but to do it outside china is counter productive as you're helping your potential competitors get ahead, population control/culling doesn't make any sense unless it on your own people

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Oh, so it's a "thing" for them? It's cool to joke about pandemic armageddon in elite scientific circles?

Don't be ignorant, to deny people the right to laugh and joke and suppress people's sense of humour is ridiculous, they're after all human too

People shouldn't be held accountable and punished for silly jokes

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

BOOM: Top Ebola Scientist Joked About Culling Humanity with

BAM!: the Red Queen intends to wipe out all of humanity using the bio weapons created by

Resident Evil T-Virus and AntiVirus Vials

Synopsis:

Resident Evil

TOTALGROSS SALES: $244,443,938 WORLDWIDE.

BIFF!

Guess no one is allowed to make movies anymore,,,ether.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Linda look,

enjoy the show.

Agenda 21

Georgia Guide Stones

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Oh, so it's a "thing" for them? It's cool to joke about pandemic armageddon in elite scientific circles?

Don't be ignorant, to deny people the right to laugh and joke and suppress people's sense of humour is ridiculous, they're after all human too

People shouldn't be held accountable and punished for silly jokes

Obama should not be punished for the silly jokes he's pulled?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Oh, so it's a "thing" for them? It's "cool" to joke about pandemic armageddon in elite scientific circles?

I would be much, much more nervous if they didn't. And so should you be.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Is remaining professional in one's field really too much to ask?

You make them sound like combat soldiers under fire.

edit on 5-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Do we recall the scientists of the various environmental fields calling humans a cancer which should be completely destroyed? No one's upset about that because they're not the typical, accepted villains in conspiracy theories.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, most liberals/progressives etc believe there is an overpopulation problem in the world.

Whereas, the truth is the world is in the middle of a depopulation boom.

But the truth deniers are often the ones in power who could ask for someone to engineer such a virus.

Africa is rife with minerals, gems, and rich farmland that the rest of the world sees going to waste with tribal warfare, slavery, a lack of regard for any human life, and morals that have left many countries with an average population age of 15 due to the spread of AIDS.

I wouldn't put it past TPTB to try and purposely wipe out 50-90% of the population of Africa to get at the minerals and gems and to finally put the farmland into the hands of people who know how to make the continent bloom.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Well, this should give everyone a warm fuzzy:

BOOM: Top Ebola Scientist Joked About Culling Humanity with Engineered Virus

Media coverage is now focusing on the experimental Ebola treatments being given to two American Ebola patients who contracted it while caring for victims in Africa — the site of the world's deadliest outbreak.

But that Ebola treatment, created by a leading bioengineering scientist from the University of Arizona who "joked" about wiping out humanity with a "better" genetically engineered virus during a post-lecture Q&A focused on over-population issues, citing the Hollywood film 'Contagion.'

I know some of you will say, 'he was just joking around'. But we know there are some mad scientists out there who actually believe this. They believe it, and they have the financial backing to seriously consider doing it (*ahem* Bill Gates, George Soros, etc.).

Whatever this scientist's motivation, I find it highly disturbing that he would joke about such a thing. It also betrays the contempt for humanity that many scientists hold.

Thanks for posting this. Realize that most will dismiss this as a simple joke. For those of us who take "depopulation conspiracies" seriously, there's nothing funny about this.

I have no doubts at all that the Bilderbergers (and their allies) have been plotting (and experimenting with) different ways to cull the herd for decades.

In the past, many ATS threads on depopulation methods. Every time an especially deadly virus hits the news, intentional depopulation is the first thing that comes to my mind.

AV

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Is remaining professional in one's field really too much to ask?

You make them sound like combat soldiers under fire.

When we lose the ability to joke and laugh, that is when we are truly done for.

The very last thing we need to war over is having a sense of humor, be it dark, lighthearted, sarcastic, or anything else.

If we over police humor, well, then maybe we should be wiped out, cause life has stopped being worth living anyway.

Professionalism, seriously. It's attitudes like that which is why morale so so bad in almost any place I've ever worked and production is crap.

News for everyone, people who are depressed, sad, and completely drained of morale don't accomplish crap. There IS a middle ground...

Like our education system... cause we all learn soooooo great when we're soooooo serious.

If anything we all need to learn to LIGHTEN UP!!!!!

So like take a chill, and laugh for a change.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Yes, but I have a hard time believing they would use this avenue. You can't control a bio-agent no matter how carefully you think you have it under control.

No, this is the standard type of crap you see popping up. There was a question on my Quora feed where some idiot asked why it would be so wrong for the smartest, best educated, etc., people to cull the rest of the world's population just within the past two weeks. Does that mean that person should be castigated and treated like this plague is his or her fault? We all say and do incredibly stupid things, even my husband has, and he works in the field we're talking about, but shouldn't we have the right to say stupid things on occasion? How many of us have made remarks on here that could land us in that category?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ArdenWolf

Context is everything.

Objecting to certain jokes at certain times is not a war against humor. He's not a comedian...and he's not someone likely to suffer from workplace morale issues as you put it.

Do I think this is a really big deal? No.

But I find it in poor taste, considering who he is. Moreover, if he worked for me, I'd be embarraced by his lack of professionalism in a public context. This wasn't his livingroom.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax I know, huh. In construction we used to joke about faling to our death from a high rise, hopefully landing on a whole bunch of people killing them all and splattering blood, guts and brain matter ev3rywhere, hahahaha, good times.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Like when your mother laughed when she thought the placenta was you? Hahaha, just kidding man. Its all fun

originally posted by: Astyanax I know, huh. In construction we used to joke about faling to our death from a high rise, hopefully landing on a whole bunch of people killing them all and splattering blood, guts and brain matter ev3rywhere, hahahaha, good times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join