It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baroness Warsi quits as Foreign Office minister over Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Herding one point eight million people into a few square miles of land....then bombing the # out of them sounds pretty peace loving don't it ex.....
Building settlement after settlement on Palestinian land.....cant be provocation can it......

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

and engaging Israeli military from restricted locations is still the issue.

If Hamas were not so dead set on being racist and trying to wipe Israel off the map there would be a separate Palestinian state.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Baroness Warsi was never very good at her job, she was appointed as part of a PC drive and only kept her job because of PC.An example of been promoted beyond her point of incompetency

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

again I notice you never bothered to address the issues that led up to Israel taking defensive action against Hamas.

I don't bloody care! YOU DO NOT BLOW CHILDREN AWAY

I am not going to debate the fact that Israel is occupying that land by force of their military. I am not going to debate the fact that Israel is the aggressor.

I will not debate with the other side because HAMAS are a POS.

I don't care what the UN rules are, I don't give a toss.

YOU DON'T TARGET CHILDREN

And by the way, 'defensive action' my little butt.

This is two POS fighting, just that one is a bigger POS.

P

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
With this being the second cull and open talk of bringing the holocaust to the Palestinians by a member of the Israeli government, I am very surprised she lasted this long!

Our government eg Tony Blair at the time danced off to war on just the threat of weapons of mass destruction in the wrong hands, yet when an true attack happens to a mass of people in Israel, suddenly mass destruction doesn't count!

The stiff upper lip in British politics for you!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

again I notice you never bothered to address the issues that led up to Israel taking defensive action against Hamas.

I am not going to debate the fact that Israel is occupying that land by force of their military. I am not going to debate the fact that Israel is the aggressor.

I will not debate with the other side because HAMAS are a POS.

I don't care what the UN rules are, I don't give a toss.

YOU DON'T TARGET CHILDREN

And by the way, 'defensive action' my little butt.

This is two POS fighting, just that one is a bigger POS.

P

G,day mate
steady there bloke steady, relax. tell yer what, i'll buy you a beer at the willo pub

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

On the contrary - You don't engage military units by using human shields, as Hamas does when they attack from locations that are off limits - like schools, hospitals, religious institutions.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: marc72

I feel I should comment.

She had the ability to stand for something in government, even if she was the only voice she should have stayed and been that one voice. She walked away, that was sad - and chicken.

One person never makes policy, but one rational person can influence others - and her position afforded her that, yet she chose to walk away instead.

I would not vote for her if I were you, should she choose to run independent. She isn't one to fight for what she believes.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pronto

G,day mate steady there bloke steady, relax. tell yer what, i'll buy you a beer at the willo pub

Thank you. I could use one about now, especially around here.

So that's your watering hole. Sounds good but have never visited.

P

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

BTW this is not semantics but a mortar is not a rocket

That is semantics, any thing that goes BOOM!!!!!!! Can kill.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: stirling

and engaging Israeli military from restricted locations is still the issue.

If Hamas were not so dead set on being racist and trying to wipe Israel off the map there would be a separate Palestinian state.

Israel was stealing Palestinian land even before they created Hamas. So there would not be a separate Palestinian state because Israel doesn't want a Palestinian state they want all the land and seeing how gas has been discovered under Gaza and they have been caught trying to sell that gas they want it even more.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

BTW this is not semantics but a mortar is not a rocket

That is semantics, any thing that goes BOOM!!!!!!! Can kill.

Dropping bombs by air to take out something that can be neutralized by a sniper is overkill.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

You wouldn't have liked to have been near to the farm on the 4th of July then. You would have been very frightened indeed. Lots of Booms to be heard, and seen.

edit on 6-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Yes it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Even fireworks can kill.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

lol... the boys used to get bunches of those fireworks that you shot out of that tube thing... but they rarely suffered through using the tube. They would just light them and throw them at each other... have their own little wars each and every 4th...

but ya know... no one ever got hurt. Some things - while potentially harmful if some measure of caution is not used - aren't all that bad as they are cracked up to be.

Israel and Hamas are acting at this point like spoiled children... who don't listen to their mother.
edit on 6-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

What makes me laugh is that you aren't bothering to notice the reasons that Hamas is taking defensive action against Israel.

There are tons of UN resolutions condemning Israel for it's actions of stealing land and worse. When Israel was formed how much land did the Palestinians give up? Do you even know? How much more do they have to give?

I have a great Idea. Let's give the Jews California. They get 4 times the area and would have no other reason to kill anybody, they wouldn't need nukes, and we wouldn't have to pay for them. Then the Palestinians can have all their land back. Or even better lets give them a 7 mile wide strip along the border of Mexico; they seem really good at keeping people out. Two birds with one stone.

There are reasons for these atrocities; people just refuse to actually look at them and it's saddening. I'll not condone Hamas for rocket attacks but seriously what are the Palestinians to do? They live in a 25x7 mile strip of land and Israel keeps taking more than Palestinians already gave up. What would you do?

Seriously, what would you do?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Israel was stealing Palestinian land ..

Really?

Was there a Palestinian state I overlooked in that region? I ask because the West Bank never belonged to the Palestinians - It was part of the country of Jordan. Jordan allowed Israel to keep control of the West Bank. The ultimate goal (Jordan's idea) was for it to be used by Palestinians. The problem with that arrangement is Jordan. The King had major issues with the militant Palestinians who were camping out in Jordan.

Eventually Jordan grew tired of the issues the Palestinians were creating which led to their forced exit out by Jordan.

Jordan's position was to get a Palestinian state for the sole purpose of removing the problems they were creating in Jordan. To have militant Palestinians, who were plotting to take control of the Jordanian government, pushed into an area under Israeli control , is in fact ludicrous.

Same for Gaza, except in that case the territory was Egyptian prior to the wars that cropped up. Israel returned the Sinai in exchange for recognition as a country by Egypt as well as signing a pace treaty between the 2 countries.

Let me ask -
Prior to the wars with Israel by Arab neighbors, why did the Arab countries do nothing about the Palestinian issue?
How is the West Bank and Gaza strip "Palestinian" territory when it belonged to Egypt and Jordan?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rockn82

It is not defensive action when Hamas launches rockets into Israel - its offensive. Israel has every right to defend itself in this case.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A question for anyone -
How do you resolve the conflict between Israel and Hamas when Hamas is and always has been dedicated to the destruction of Israel. Hamas refuses to renounce its position towards Israel.

When you have a group inside your country whose charter contains the destruction of Israel, how would you deal with it?

How do you make peace with an entity whose stated purpose is your demise?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join