It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baroness Warsi quits as Foreign Office minister over Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Foreign Office minister Baroness Warsi has resigned from the government, saying its policy on the crisis in Gaza is "morally indefensible".

Lady Warsi's resignation letter says government policy is "morally indefensible, is not in Britain's national interest and will have a long term effect on our reputation internationally and domestically".

quits as Foreign Office minister over Gaza

Did a search on ATS and ATS Google, nothing came up. Sorry if this is in the wrong place MODS. Please move if necessary.

This is my first topic so go easy folks.

Sounds like she did this off the cuff. Shes been a middle-ranking Foreign Office minister since her post in 2012, being made minister for faith and communities at the same time.

I say fair play to her and good luck with her further career which will not be in British politics I think.

edit on 5-8-2014 by marc72 because: Because I can

Edit;
Baroness Warsi has been talking to her party for the past 4 weeks with no luck. So it was not of the cuff.
edit on 5-8-2014 by marc72 because: again because I can

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wonder of she's seen this...

Did she leave because Israel will fire on military positions regardless

Or did she leave because she support Hamas, I think it's important she answers these questions, there is no morally correct side in this mess, only somebody to blame for not wanting peace, or respecting peace deals and cease fires, people bandwagoning on either side are part of the problem and escalation, what we need is facts to filter through from both sides, and the world to collectively punish those who break the civilised agreement,

As far as I can see she quite because it was not publicly acceptable to be seen standing natural on the conflict while having arms deals with Israel, those are deals are now being reviewed and stopped, but again so does this mean Israel should not hit targets in which rockets are being fired?

Surely the deal has to include Hamas ceasing its activities also, and how will they go about stopping Iran and other Arab states arming Hamas? What control over that do they have? None?

So to me this is a failure waiting to happen as we have seen for the past 66 years, Hamas spend 3 million on building one of these tunnel networks and used child labour in which many of them die in the contraction... Isn't it time this money was spent on putting those children to school?

I do not support Israel but I do believe Hamas doesn't want peace and there strategy is to fire rockets and make it next to impossible for the IDF to hit a target without public outcry, but what choice do they have?

People should take a long hard think about that, picking a side in this type of war is not the way forward...

edit on 5-8-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Just because the bad guys fire from positions close to schools does not give ANYONE the right to bomb schools and kill children!

What planet are these people on that think this is good enough justification for killing children, this is just wrong.

I don't care if the mortars are being fired from the school's bloody gymnasium, it is still wrong to blow up schools.

They did this really bad thing so we can now blow up the kiddies!

This is the mass murder of children, it must not be condoned no matter the provocation!

One bad thing does not make a worse bad thing into a good thing.

They are worse than the enemy! Despicable!

Where is you moral compass.

When the IDF goes to war, they leave their moral compasses at home or they simply don't have one.

P

edit on 5/8/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

not worth it anymore

edit on 5-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Did she leave because Israel will fire on military positions regardless

Or did she leave because she support Hamas, I think it's important she answers these questions, there is no morally correct side in this mess, only somebody to blame for not wanting peace, or respecting peace deals and cease fires, people bandwagoning on either side are part of the problem and escalation, what we need is facts to filter through from both sides, and the world to collectively punish those who break the civilised agreement,

I agree with a lot of what you said. But many people of Gaza see Hamas as there only hope. The IDF is taking out the Hamas tunnels as we speak why are they not cutting the supply lines from these Arab states? Why are these Arab states supplying them with crap missiles? Because there not. If that were true there would be many more dead in Israel.

Shes resigned because David Cameron failed to condemn Israel's bomb attacks. But has condemned Hamas rockets.

BTW this is not semantics but a mortar is not a rocket.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Just because the bad guys fire from positions close to schools does not give ANYONE the right to bomb schools and kill children!

What planet are these people on that think this is good enough justification for killing children, this is just wrong.

P

Well said

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It is axiomatic that if someone shoots at you you get to shoot back - Israel is no exception, and Hamas is skillfully winning the propaganda war by tactics like this - Israel is effectively playing into their hands.

however there is also no other means for Israel to attack Hamas - giving Hamas free reign to shoot is even LESS justifiable....if there is such a thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: marc72

Foreign Office minister Baroness Warsi has resigned from the government, saying its policy on the crisis in Gaza is "morally indefensible".

Lady Warsi's resignation letter says government policy is "morally indefensible, is not in Britain's national interest and will have a long term effect on our reputation internationally and domestically".

quits as Foreign Office minister over Gaza

Did a search on ATS and ATS Google, nothing came up. Sorry if this is in the wrong place MODS. Please move if necessary.

This is my first topic so go easy folks.

Sounds like she did this off the cuff. Shes been a middle-ranking Foreign Office minister since her post in 2012, being made minister for faith and communities at the same time.

I say fair play to her and good luck with her further career which will not be in British politics I think.

Edit;
Baroness Warsi has been talking to her party for the past 4 weeks with no luck. So it was not of the cuff.

I respect her for making such a strong statement by resigning. It would have been much more effective if she kept her job and had gone to Palestine as a government official in support of the victims.

She will be forgotten by sunrise and her associates will benefit from her absence.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Let's not forget that Hamas wouldn't exist if not for the 60 years of Israeli oppression against Arabs. Remember the Jewish terrorists who slaughtered Arabs at Deir Yassin and the many massacres thereafter.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

It is axiomatic that if someone shoots at you you get to shoot back - Israel is no exception, and Hamas is skillfully winning the propaganda war by tactics like this - Israel is effectively playing into their hands.

however there is also no other means for Israel to attack Hamas - giving Hamas free reign to shoot is even LESS justifiable....if there is such a thing.

Israel is playing into their hands because of a long standing policy to expand into Arab territory. Its finally beginning to catch up with them because of the free press and a few good politicians willing to speak out against false philanthropy. The Israelis have become artists at using the law against every purpose it was meant to uphold.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

I for one will vote for the Baroness if she stands as an independent. Thanks for the thanks Gianfar

edit on 5-8-2014 by marc72 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: marc72
a reply to: Gianfar

I for one will vote for the Baroness if she stands as an interdependent. Thanks for the thanks Gianfar

I'm really pleased to see a post that isn't dogmatized by roving Israeli apologists. Western media is saturated with such material.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I don't care if the mortars are being fired from the school's bloody gymnasium, it is still wrong to blow up schools.

Hamas violated international law by doing what they did next to a school. As has been observed and documented time and again, Hamas consistently violates international law by using restricted combat areas to engage Israel from so Hamas can parade the bodies of the civilians Hamas is responsible for killing around in front of media.

This is the mass murder of children, it must not be condoned no matter the provocation!

One bad thing does not make a worse bad thing into a good thing.

They are worse than the enemy! Despicable!

See above.

Where is you moral compass.

Where is yours? While you pretend to be upset and try to take the poster to task, you have failed to admonish Hamas for engaging Israel in the location they did. Apparently you are ok with Hamas using human shields, including school children, so long as it allows you and the others to attack Israel.

Your position is exactly what Hamas does. Hamas launches rockets into Israel without targeting military targets. Hamas targets wherever the rockets land.

Can you link me to a page where you have denounced Hamas over those actions? Have you denounced Hamas for refusing to acknowledge Israel's right to exist?

When the IDF goes to war, they leave their moral compasses at home or they simply don't have one.

P

and nothing about Hamas's moral compass?

So you condone Hamas engaging Israel from civilian locations, including schools?

Hamas does this intentionally to drive up a Palestinian body count so they can play to the media. I really dont think you or Hamas are the ones to lecture on someone elses moral compass.

Israel has every right to defend itself.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gianfar
I'm really pleased to see a post that isn't dogmatized by roving [strikeIsraeli apologists. Western media is saturated with such material.

Fixed your comment -

Much better to have Hamas apologists running around condoning the use of civilians as human shields by Hamas.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Apparently you are ok with Hamas using human shields, including school children, so long as it allows you and the others to attack Israel.

Well I said

and

I think HAMAS is a POS. They are Evil. I have said it many times.

but ...

Then You asked

Can you link me to a page where you have denounced Hamas over those actions?

And I quote

In Gaza right now HAMAS is a POS. It uses little children as shields.

The IDF are bigger POSs because they BOMB little children.

Here www.abovetopsecret.com...

So perhaps you should stop being so one sided and read what people actually write.

I will say it again

You accuse others of being one sided, look in a mirror.

P

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: marc72

As a Baroness, she isn't standing for election as she is a member of the House of Lords.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

And a good women she is too.

P

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I remember a time when only people from your country or heritage could be a 'lord' over you.

She has been an abomination.

That aside, Israel is enacting its Sovereign right to protect itself and it's borders. End of.

Israel does NOT want war. It openly acknowledges that fact. However it openly says that if attacked it WILL retaliate swiftly. So the fault lies at people who choose to attack her.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Yes Hamas is doing things like that, but any army with and decency would weigh the risk of killing tons of children and innocents over hitting one target that may or may not even be in the area anymore. The argument is the Israeli army is purposely hitting civilian targets like no other army would do and the sick way they treat the ppl they stole land from and force in that open air prison. Anyways since when in history have you ever seen a Few bad guys "try" to bomb a building then have the state bomb the perps entire block just because they "think" they might still be there? Never. Because sensible people know how to weigh risks. Even the USA in Afghanistan goes in with ground troops to minimize casualties or weighs the risk of killing civilians over dropping a bomb to hit a single target for ten dead kids. The Israeli army doesn't care and it's showing. 99% of the world is outraged. That should be damn clear enough, so stop making excuses for these murdering sickos.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hamas knows they are attacking from restricted locations. You don't get to attack while demanding no response simply because the Hamas cowards and took up position in / next to a restricted area.

Responsibility for those deaths belongs to Hamas, not Israel.

As for reading your post and being called one sided I disagree. Calling Hamas a POS is not holding them accountable and trying to split hairs in the manner you did is sad.

You dont engage an enemy from the areas Hamas uses.

Secondly, if people would research / look at the UN designations on locations protected by law and considered to be immune from attacks you would notice that those locations lose that protection the moment the areas are used in combat.

Check the war in Iraq and the use of Mosque's by the insurgents - not to mention schools and Hospitals.

The tunnel network Hamas built alone more than justified Israel actions. The indiscriminate missile launches by Hamas into Israel also more than justified Israels actions.

again I notice you never bothered to address the issues that led up to Israel taking defensive action against Hamas.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join