It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mini me chef in the making :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Good job. All three of my son's can cook and all three started out like your boy helping me in the kitchen. Two of them are in food service now. One plans on going to either Johnson and Wales or the Culinary Institute. They caught that bug early. Both of them watched the food network more than Nickelodeon. y reply to: mblahnikluver

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
What a cutie. And he wears his food well.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I know we are always mentioning it....but THOSE EYES!!!!

Thank you!

Haha yea I hear that one a lot. He has both my eyes and his daddy's eyes. When I am out with him and people say this they are always trying to look at my eyes under my glasses. I take them off sometimes so they can gawk lol but then people 9 times out of 10 say, "why do you hide such beautiful eyes"? I just smile but I want to say "I'm not hiding anything I'm blind!" I can't see a foot in front of me without them. Lol

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It looks like his left hand is going towards the bottle in the back in the last picture. Learning to be a master chef already?

Haha yea I have a big rack with tons of herbs and spices and he was just grabbing them and shaking the bottle over the pizza. lol I kept them closed of course otherwise I would have had some very interesting spices and herbs on it. Lol he was so serious about it too!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Every woman will tell ya, ain't nothing more attractive than a man that can cook..lol
Except maybe one that does laundry..

You are lucky to have that little guy around so enjoy it while it lasts. My girl started 6th grade today, where did the time go?

I agree! I've only dated one guy who cooked like I do and we use to argue over who would make dinner. Lol most of the time we cooked together. My husband can cook but I think he prefers when I do. He also cleans and does laundry!

Yea he is already 14 months and I'm like where did the time go? It feels like yesterday he was just a tiny baby but now he's running all over the place!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Teaching our young how to prepare foods and grow foods is supposed to be one of the most important things we are supposed to pass on. Opening a plastic wrapper and tossing it into the microwave or ordering a pizza over the phone is what we are not supposed to be teaching. They are trying to condition us to be dependent on society, if something happens, we will need to start over from scratch. I can say I was guilty of this for years, and the effect on my thinking was not good. Thank god I had people who could think to steer me in the right direction. Why didn't I listen when I was younger? I guess I had to learn the hard way. Now I am researching what the last of the old people I know were telling me and trying to decipher the word moderation. I then try to inform them of the similar properties of foods so they can adjust their view of moderation when they don't feel well.

Keep up the good work mblahnikluver.

Basil and tomato go good together, I wonder why? Now I got something to research, I bet it neutralizes some of the undesirable chemistry of tomatoes.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Teaching our young how to prepare foods and grow foods is supposed to be one of the most important things we are supposed to pass on.

IMO it's a survival skill when you can cook on your own without doing it from a box or microwave! I love teaching my son how to cook even if he is only 14 months. He gets excited when I go to the kitchen now and he comes running with his blanket ready to help. I was making chicken for the Alfredo the other night and let him put the seasoning on. He clapped when he was done and had a huge grin on his face. He always looks so serious too. It made my heart smile. I love cooking, so sharing it with my son is something special for me. I always tell him his future wife will love that he can cook lol.

Opening a plastic wrapper and tossing it into the microwave or ordering a pizza over the phone is what we are not supposed to be teaching.

I know people who only eat this way. Their kids have never had a real home cooked meal. I lived with a friend of mine about 10 years ago and her son was 5 at the time. He ate noting but kid cuisine I kid you not! That kid had the worst diet and was already overweight. I felt bad for him. His mom never cooked. He even knew how to microwave his meal! I babysat one night and made him homemade chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and fresh veggies. It was the same items from the Kid Cuisines he loved only it was fresh and homemade. He would not eat it and pitched a fit! I told him it was the same only better, he wouldn't eat it.

They are trying to condition us to be dependent on society, if something happens, we will need to start over from scratch. I can say I was guilty of this for years, and the effect on my thinking was not good. Thank god I had people who could think to steer me in the right direction. Why didn't I listen when I was younger? I guess I had to learn the hard way. Now I am researching what the last of the old people I know were telling me and trying to decipher the word moderation. I then try to inform them of the similar properties of foods so they can adjust their view of moderation when they don't feel well.

My mom cooked a lot when I was a kid. Something's were boxed and some were homemade. As I got older I perfected my own cooking skills and I'm still learning new things. Sure sometimes I'd love a quick and easy meal so I don't have to cook but I just don't buy that kind of food. If I want breakfast, lunch or dinner I have to actually make something. Lol

Keep up the good work mblahnikluver.

Thank you

Basil and tomato go good together, I wonder why? Now I got something to research, I bet it neutralizes some of the undesirable chemistry of tomatoes.

I love basil and tomato together. I think basil does help with he high acidity of tomatoes. I have a big basil plant out front and I'm always clipping basil from it for sauces or breads and even pasta.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I love teaching my son how to cook even if he is only 14 months.

You get my vote for Mom of the Year.

My mother taught me how to cook at an early age. Being that we are Italian some might argue we have a genetic predisposition to cook but it really is something you need to learn to do through practice. In the end it all paid off anyway as we ran a couple of successful restaurants together.

Now if he starts wearing your shoes.......

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

When a person is hooked on the attractant food chemistry, their minds and body get acclimated to that chemistry and they need it to remain calm and seemingly normal. Take it away and they have a fit. They are physically addicted. It is not just a spoiled thing, sooner or later they may even lose glutamate or acetylcholine receptors on their cells, leading to depression if they do not get their fix. This can also create problems with diseases such as Type two diabetes.

The chemicals they put into food are almost as dangerous as illegal drugs if you overeat them, the problem comes when you do not get these chemicals. It causes problems with our civility. It is like the crabbiness of someone who is an alcoholic when they do not get their drinks. There are different chemicals involved than drinking though so the exact mood change will be different. These people are not even aware that they are addicted to these things. Half of our society is addicted to one of these chemistries. Even eating meat all the time can cause a dependency on meat, the body gets used to things. Moderation should be used in eating, no matter what you eat, adjusting the foods so you feel comfortable for the situation you are in. People do not understand that foods are what makes us who we are most times.

Keep up the good work with your son. Don't be disappointed if he becomes an auto mechanic when he gets older.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Keep up the good work with your son. Don't be disappointed if he becomes an auto mechanic when he gets older.

At least he will be a healthy and well fed auto mechanic.

Chicks dig a man who is handy and can cook.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join