It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious about Old Wives Tales

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Sometimes it's very unlucky to throw salt over your shoulder...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64
a reply to: marc72
Then I went and bought all the earlier albums with Ozzy.

Never say die was the last album with Ozzy. I love Junior's Eyes. What a base line, Geezer rocks.
I'm with you on the Dio thing.

On topic. Old wives tales.
Thinking today about when I had a stye on my eye lid a few years ago for about three days.
A friend told me to rub gold ring on it. As I was and am a poor Hippy and do not own gold I used there ring. It did the trick the next day it was gone.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Pinch of salt of the shoulder, it's something my mom does, so I picked that up from her.

If I find a penny on the ground and it's tail up, I'll flip that sucker over before picking it up.

I also knock knock knock, on wood.

edit on 8-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm not susceptible to Old Wives' Tales myself, in fact there are a lot more real things in this world that frighten me, but one I constantly see people still under the spell of in daily life is the whole "If you swallow gum it'll 'gum' up your system inside." tale.

I still hear parents tell their children to spit out gum (and getting irrationally upset about it) when it's just as safe to swallow as any other candy, and that's all gum is, candy.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Well, all the old wives tales told us that our child would be a girl, science confirmed that it is a boy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join