It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP lawmaker calls on Sarah Palin to lead new party to replace Republicans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
error
edit on 7-8-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
error
edit on 7-8-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Here is a list of the five worst lines used so far to discredit Palin’s candidacy:

"There's also this issue that on April 18th, she gave birth to a baby with Down Syndrome. The baby is just slightly more than 4 months old now. Children with Down Syndrome require an awful lot of attention. The role of vice president, it seems to me, would take up an awful lot of her time, and it raises the issue of, how much time will she have to dedicate to her newborn child?” –CNN’s John Roberts, 8/29/08.

"And I do think, too, that you have to weigh the situation. It's one thing to have one or two or three children, especially if they are healthy children. And everyone knows that women and men are different and that moms and dads are different and that women -- the burden of child care almost always falls on the woman. But I think, when you have five children, one a 4-month-old Down syndrome baby, and a daughter who is 17, who is also a child and who is going to need her mother very much in the next few months and years with her own baby coming, that I don't see how you cannot make your family your first priority. And I think if you are going to be president of the United States, which she may well be, I think that's going to be a real stretch for her."- The Washington Post’s Sally Quinn on CNN’s “Newsroom” 9/2/08.

"SOME WORKING MOTHERS WORRY THAT PALIN IS TAKING ON TOO MUCH" And "SOME VOTERS CONCERNED IF PALIN, A MOTHER OF FIVE HAS TIME TO BE VP." –Tickers on MSNBC

"Kristan, we've talked this morning about whether a mother of five can handle being the vice president. who looks after the kids when she's working? do you know?" - CBS' Maggie Rodriguez on the "Early Show.”

“From our perspective the whole deal is how does the government help you get back up without getting in the way?' Biden asked. 'There's a gigantic -gigantic -- difference between John McCain and Barack Obama, and between me and I suspect my vice presidential opponent. And that is that - ' The crowd laughed. 'Well there's obvious differences,' Biden said, beginning to ham it up. 'She's good looking,' he said, laughing. 'You know there's obvious differences.” -ABC’s Jake Tapper writing about what Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden told supporters at a recent campaign stop.

townhall.com...

Yeah, the left isn't sexist at all.

*snort*

(roll eyes)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Who said the left isn't sexist?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Here is a list of the five worst lines used so far to discredit Palin’s candidacy:

CNN’s John Roberts, 8/29/08.

The Washington Post’s Sally Quinn on CNN’s “Newsroom” 9/2/08.

–Tickers on MSNBC

- CBS' Maggie Rodriguez on the "Early Show.”

I think the quality of your political news consumption is at the root of your issues.

I tend to categorize your examples as "talking heads" and sensationalist commentators looking for attention rather than political forces or "leftists"...It would seem the rational thing to do, unless you are eager to anoint Rush Limbaugh as spokesperson for the RNC?

As far as Biden joking that Palin was better looking than him...Who cares? Really? Both men and women make that self deprecating joke about both men and women and it is non-gender dependent, not derogatory to anyone but himself, and had to do with appearance, not gender. Lest you think "good looking" only applies to women?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Who said the left isn't sexist?

More to the point...Beezer is the only one introducing sexism into the thread...Geez, HE is the only one making her kids an issue in this thread!

Gotta love the nonsense.

Next up I will list racist crap said by right wing radio hosts and present it as a defense against the NSA Spying scandal!
edit on 7-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Look up obfuscation in the dictionary and it'll have the progressive left in a group photo.

lolz

Wonder if they do wallet sizes.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Back to Sarah Palin (if we can keep this from continuing to go off topic), seems she's back in talks to join the view. Rosie O'Donnel is also considering returning. I would watch to see those two go at it! LOL I can't help but think her stint there wouldn't last long.

Earlier today, however, Radar Online reported that Palin is closer than ever to reaching an agreement with producers of The View.

Source

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The fact that one persons career choices in the USA can include Host of "The VIew", reality TV Star, News Commentator on Fox, alongside VP and potential Presidential Candidate...says something about our country that I don't have the courage to examine deeply.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I cannot help but think of the fact that Abraham Lincoln was seriously skeptical of the newly formed Republican party, as he thought it would become so extremely far-right that he couldn't support it. That has happened to a degree over time, but the parallel comes from the idea that this "new" party will likely be extremely far-right. It might be worth it just for the entertainment value, but knowing that people will latch on to their nonsense I cannot support the idea. But I am much further left.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
... oh, and please, allow me to say how much I truly, from the bottom of my heart, completely support a new political party composed of the pawns of the corporatists that have taken over the Tea Party, the Fundamnentalist Christians and Mrs. Sarah "I read all of them" Palin in the lead.

I might be able to vote Republican again, LOL.

GO Sarah! Start the "Water into Whine and Cheese" Party TODAY!

Where do I send a contrib?

LOL

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Drill baby drill party.

This would hurt or take even more votes away from the republican party, but long term might force them to become more balanced. The extreme right just doesn't understand that so little of the population agrees with them. What once flew as great messages in churches or small gathering, doesn't fly nationally eg: Todd Aiken
edit on 7-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
She has to take Ted Cruz and Louie Gohmert with her though ... or it's no deal.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join