It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP lawmaker calls on Sarah Palin to lead new party to replace Republicans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Does anyone hear actually think she's less intelligent or less qualified for a government office than Nancy bat crazy Pelosi?

Absolutely! I'm not a Pelosi fan, and I wouldn't vote for her either, but she knows FAR more about government, foreign policy and is more intelligent and experienced than Palin. No question.

Sounds like everyone here drank the media's kool-aid assault on her.

Ah, yes! If people disagree with you, it must be THEM who drank the Kool-Aid... Did you ever consider that people just disagree because they have different opinions than you?

And if Palin looks like a dangerous ding-bat, it's the media's fault! Please!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
ill b e honest. if she ran in a bikini id vote for her. All she would have to do is promise every man who votes for her a VERY personal visit to her white house. She could a won the nomination for president by wearing sexy clothes and other things. See politicians are whores in general so why not just embrace it and be a total whore?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
..... She could a won the nomination for president by wearing sexy clothes and other things.....

I have a feeling that would backfire. Sure it would attract the dirty older men voters, but it would drive away some women and religious voters. I could imagine it could also turn off some younger voters that see Palin as more of a mom type person than a sex symbol.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Does any one else think this would be like an undertaker leading a funeral procession?
I say this because it seems she has been so instrumental in killing the GOP.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Does anyone hear actually think she's less intelligent or less qualified for a government office than Nancy bat crazy Pelosi?

I am confused? Is Nancy Pelosi the bar by which you measure your support for potential candidates?

If not then what's the point? Cuz the OP isn't about Pelosi?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well they'll need a mascot. The Rep's got the elephant, the Dem's the donkey. May I suggest this?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Pardon my saying so, but frankly I think this would be a dispicable way to use the image of such an important icon.
I can't think of a suitable substitute myself but I hope you will try again.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I like her.

I may not agree with everything she stands for, but she has certainly caused some heads to explode! I also must thank her.

You see, when Hillary Clinton or Warren runs, we will be able to be just as critical of them as the leftists were of Palin. Palins' critics set the bar, so to speak.

So thank you Sarah Palin.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
a reply to: olaru12When I started listening to Sarah Palin I saw the her positions were pretty much in agreement with my positions...It would be nice if those who oppose Sarah could post what political positions they are in opposition to, instead of just bad mouthing her...

The nice thing about having 2 party system is that you are likely to hear a politician that is pretty much in agreement with your views *.

However, the hard part and nearly impossible part is finding a politician that actually acts the way they talk. There was one politician but his own party and the RNC threw him to the wolves. He had the audacity to actually vote on issues as he talked about them, but more dangerously he voted on on his party ideals for smaller gov't and defended individual freedoms and empowering the middleclass which scarred the hell out of his own party.

*=This is ofcourse is overlooking the fact that the majority of people have their views on issues altered by the MSM ,RNC and the DNC.
edit on 57831America/ChicagoWed, 06 Aug 2014 14:57:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I like her.

You see, when Hillary Clinton or Warren runs, we will be able to be just as critical of them as the leftists were of Palin. Palins' critics set the bar, so to speak.

Leftists? Hmmm...John McCain's own campaign staffers were critics...
I don't think it is only "leftists" that find her fundamentally unqualified. By "fundamentally" I mean the rare combination of deep ignorance combined with an strong arrogance that prohibits her from remedying that deep ignorance.

The ..." Paul Revere warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms, by ringing those bells and making sure as he was riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells" ...bit, followed by a refusal to acknowledge she misspoke and an attempt to revise US history is a perfect example...

I would go as far as to say someone with Sarah Palin's uniquely prideful and fact resistant ignorance would be a clear and present danger to the country if she held a position of significant power.

None of that has do with an (r) or a (d)...
edit on 6-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

But you do agree that criticism should be allowed regardless of the political affiliation, correct?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

But you do agree that criticism should be allowed regardless of the political affiliation, correct?

You mean do I agree with democracy?????

Edit: I think I understand what you are getting at...see next post.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I like her.

You see, when Hillary Clinton or Warren runs, we will be able to be just as critical of them as the leftists were of Palin.

First...the idea that the right wing has thus far been holding back on criticism of it's political opponents and is now free to be more critical is an affront to reality.

Ditto with moral standards in that criticism. Sarah Palin did her best to find new lows with "Palin around with Terrorists" etc. etc. Sarah Palin lowered the bar..

Palins' critics set the bar, so to speak.

Secondly..Palin lowered the bar...her critics just asked simple questions like ...what do you like to read to get your news...or how has your visit been..or are there any Supreme Court Rulings you disagree with...couldn't name a ruling...etc. etc.

Put bluntly...why is it OUR fault for asking simple and mundane questions of a VP Candidate when she is unable to answer?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I like her. I like her spunk. I don't think she could possibly be any worse than the current resident at 1600 Penn. Ave. I like her because the Repubics and Dims are scared spitless of her because she seeks common sense solutions to problems and doesn't have politics as her driving force.
I don't agree with all her positions but after looking into the corruption she rooted out in Alaska I'd say she's pretty sharp when it comes to seeing through the politics to the bad apples in the barrel. My friends in Alaska liked her a lot as a governor even though she was the first Republican they had ever voted for in living there for over 20 years.
I like her because despite all the name-calling and smear tactics of the msm, she's still there standing up for the principles of the US Constitution. I think she and Ron Paul would make an awesome team for an independent party, people who understand the concept of public service.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Are you serious?
She can't remember which magazines and papers she has read.
Do you seriously think she could remember reading the U S Constitution? I have my doubts she ever has; all the way through.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

So I take it that calling Warren or Clinton both idiots who don't have the brain power to run a pissants motorcycle around a cheerrio would be taken unkindly?

lolz

They are both evil, stupid, disgusting women who should just shut the hell up.

(just trying it out, you understand. . . . )

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So I take it that calling Warren or Clinton both idiots who don't have the brain power to run a pissants motorcycle around a cheerrio would be taken unkindly?

lolz

They are both evil, stupid, disgusting women who should just shut the hell up.

(just trying it out, you understand. . . . )

I love it when right wing conservatives play the victim....They love to dish it out but sure can't take it.

Bunch of teary eyed cry babies that like to play the game unless it gets rough....

edit on 6-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

lolz

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yeah, no. There's not really any comparison, aside from sex ...

Sarah Palin is considered ill-informed at best and ... ignorant and stupid by many ... because of her

a) background - educational, philosophical, etc.
b)typical level of conversation
c) inane and snarky comments that most consider trite at best she considers witty, et. al.

Both Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren are, whether you like them or agree with their politics or not, well-spoken, well-educated and intelligent.

It's not a difference of politics ... it's a difference of capability.

(BTW, what has the bookish Elizabeth Warren possibly done to be considered 'evil' ... stood up for Americans? Sheesh)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

You may believe whatever you wish---obviously you believe what the msm spews at you---as is your right. But I look at what actions a person takes to define their lives. Her actions both as mayor and as governor show that she has the spunk to call out corruption and do whatever possible to curtail it. My information comes from citizens of Alaska, Democrats actually, who looked closely before she was elected to any office and voted for her because they appreciated the fact that she wasn't a member of the Good Ole Boys club.
What is it that you have done to make the nation a better place? Have you ever willingly subjected yourself and your views to national scrutiny by the msm "journalists" who have no problem making fun of anyone they dislike or don't know personally?
I stepped out and ran in a statewide campaign on a third party ticket. I couldn't begin to tell you how many utterly stupid questions I was subjected to during that year. One young lady asked me how would it feel to be the first Lt. Governor of our state. This was in 1999----our first woman Lt. Governor was in 1975 and our first woman Governor was in 1983. Why should I have to spend my time teaching these people the history of our Commonwealth?
You will never see me saying she's the sharpest knife in the drawer but I don't think that is a prerequisite for holding office. I know a lot of really, really "intelligent" people who couldn't pour pee from a boot with the instructions on the heel. They are the ones who will be the first to die when modern technology fails so they're not the ones I want in a position of leadership at any level. Common sense and the willingness to work on solutions rather politics will get my vote every time.
I look at Joe Biden and the bone-headed remarks he makes all the time and think---What Leadership!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join