It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. heightens embassy security, anticipating report on CIA interrogations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

One official said the Obama administration was concerned that the report's publication could ignite a "tinder box" in Middle Eastern countries and also frighten some foreign security agencies into scaling back cooperation with their U.S. counterparts.

According to unclassified documents and extensive news reports, sites where the spy agency secretly imprisoned detainees as part of its now-defunct "Rendition/Detention/Interrogation" program included Poland, Romania, Thailand and Afghanistan, as well as the U.S. military base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

U.S. heightens embassy security, anticipating report on CIA interrogations

My opinion is that we here and others probably already new that a lot of this was happening and some of us even where.

Them tightening security at the embassies might be an indication that it was even worse than we thought...you know, yeah we tortured some folks. Sigh.

Or it might just be a wise move to prevent another Benghazi.

Overall, probably a wise move as the kinfolk of the folks who were tortured..well...they're not going to like this very much.

We have created and are continuing to create more terrorists than we've destroyed.
edit on 8/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Guess no one wants to comment on preventative measures...just when things go wrong. That's okay, I'm sure they still will go wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Guess no one wants to comment on preventative measures...just when things go wrong. That's okay, I'm sure they still will go wrong.

Maybe nobody wants to say it's .....

"Bush's fault" !!

But it's probably a good "precautionary" (election year) measure just the same.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But it's probably a good "precautionary" (election year) measure just the same.

Of course.

Also, it's our fault. We suffered one attack and got very scared and seemingly forgot what everything we stand (or stood) for and killed a lot of people who left behind families and friends who are going to hate us forever.

edit on 8/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

We have created and are continuing to create more terrorists than we've destroyed.

That's what good people in government have been saying for years. This has been happening since Hoover in the 50s.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'd just like to be the first to make an observation here.

If this report is accurate and honest to any degree? Thailand will come to appreciate the fact they just turned over and changed the Government which would have been overseeing what happened there. I was half expecting Romania to make the public list. Thailand will be very tense to watch for how much is said and how it is taken by some parts of the world.

Oops might be an appropriate word here. Oops fits any number of stages to a failed process that has led to this moment.

top topics

join