It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Arrested in Canada for War Crimes (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Torture, invasion, ...now napalm. Bush was arrested in Canada, according to this CNN article. It is not on television, or in the papers, so it officially hasn't happened. This article is from CNN, however, and hard to dismiss outright. Judge for yourself.

www.world-cnn.com
Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin released a written statement indicating that "proceedings have commenced against President George W. Bush under the Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act (s. 9(3))."

Irwin Cotler, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, had began an investigation into the alleged crimes of the Bush administration on the basis of reports prepared by human rights organizations, journalists and scholars as well as recent decisions by U.S. courts.

"Let this serve as a warning to any current or former official of the Bush administration, like Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld," said Cotler, "that they enter Canada at their own risk."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find this extremely bizarre. Being from CNN gives it credibility beyond typical political satire. If it is real, it has been swept under the rug, for the most part. If it is an ouright lie, then, why? Is CNN trying to instigate and foster anti-Canadian sentiments in the U.S.?
The date on the article is November 29th, so there's been plenty of time for this story to break.
Talk about mixed emotions. I want it to be true, yet I can't help feel Canada might become the next entry on the "axis of evil" list.

Why doesn't America arrest it's own criminals? Don't let them steal America, America!

Related News Links:
houston.indymedia.org

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is a hoax story.

www.world-cnn.com is not the CNN website.

Although it would be funny.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Yeah. Like the Canadians are going to assualt and batter the President of the United States before arresting him and we're going to hear about it a few days later. This is obvious satire and the reason we haven't heard about it is that it didn't happen. Nice try, though.

slate.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Yeah. Like the Canadians are going to assualt and batter the President of the United States before arresting him and we're going to hear about it a few days later. This is obvious satire and the reason we haven't heard about it is that it didn't happen. Nice try, though.

slate.msn.com...

nice try, indeed! i got 604, 000 hits for ....'bush arrested' canada.... and 2, 250, 000 hits for .....'bush arrested'.
the thing is, this story looks GOOOD! very official-like. there's ALWAYS a subtext.
what is it? are they trying to show how damaging an 'unregulated' internet can be? are they trying to cook up anti-canadian sentiment? rick mercer inadvertently proved that americans are ready to bomb just about anybody, based on unsubstantiated rumour.
hell, the bush administration proved it, too, with iraq and 911 and all.

new topics

top topics

join