It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This question in so random, it belongs in chitchat, but I NEED to know the answer. its driving me n

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hoping one of you is a security expert. So I went into town today with kids to do a bit of shopping. I was coming up to a G4 van which was I supposed was collecting money from the bank it was outside. Next minute I heard something coming from the loudspeaker of the van " help! help, the driver of this van is in trouble, please call the police immediaty ". Unsurprising about 90% of people stared for a minute and walked off.
I rang into the bank to tell what I'd see. A couple of the managers looking worried went to run off out. I left then cos my kids were nagging for food.
My question is, how easy do you think would it be for the security guard to press it by accident? I mean these guy work in very serious business, I just can't see them cocking up like that. Unless electrical failure. I hope it was an accident.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thedoctorswife

Maybe it was a medical emergency. People do have heart attacks, strokes, etc while behind the wheel.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My wife is a bank manager in the states so we have different systems. Can't really help you with this one.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Did you call the cops immediately if even at all? Honestly, if you weren't willing to look to see what's wrong, at least call the cops. I hope you did, asshole otherwise.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Very easy. He probably just hit the "panic" button by accident. Happens all the time in the jail I work at.

ETA: Hell, I did it once.
edit on 5-8-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Did you call the cops immediately if even at all? Honestly, if you weren't willing to look to see what's wrong, at least call the cops. I hope you did, asshole otherwise.

That's a nice way to talk to a lady. I was actually standing next to a man who was calling 999. As I said not everone walked past.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Very easy. He probably just hit the "panic" button by accident. Happens all the time in the jail I work
ETA: Hell, I did it once.

Goodo! Didn't want it to be a robbery.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My uncle accidentally called 911 instead of 411 once. Tried ordering a pizza from the emergency responder lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hmmmm, sounds fishy. You'd think it would have the tech to call the bank itself.

My guess is that it was a behavioral science experiment to see how people would react to that. Could be a test of peoples current trust in the cops?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: asciikewl
Hmmmm, sounds fishy. You'd think it would have the tech to call the bank itself.

My guess is that it was a behavioral science experiment to see how people would react to that. Could be a test of peoples current trust in the cops?

There may be something to that idea

Surely they would not expect the public to involve themselves in a bank job?

OP, have you suddenly become wealthy?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Nooo voidy, I wish.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedoctorswife
a reply to: VoidHawk

Nooo voidy, I wish.

Me too

Not quite the same story as you present but I had an experience with a bank when we had those storms a couple of weeks back. I'd just used the atm, and as I walked away there's a huge flash and a clap of thunder, and the alarm on the bank starts screeching its head off!
I didn't know whether to run away or what!

Nobody knocked my door down so I think I got away with it LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I am in the Corporate Security industry. If it was an armored car...the 1st thing is there should be 1 or two officers inside the truck, and perhaps 1 or two going in and out (taking turns). So, assuming them being armed...if there was some kind of issue, some sort of audible defense would have been activated and heard by everyone around....

Secondly...there is a recording like that in some vehicles ...different somewhat in different companies, but there just the same as a last ditch "cry for assistance" from passers-by. And yes, they can be activated by a variety of different ways I'd rather not explain to you. These are set in place in case an officer is knocked out or tied up inside the vehicle.

So, Im concluding that no one around was robbed, or was ducking, screaming from inside either the business or the vehicle...and that it was a malfunction-accidental setting off of the alert system.

**If it was ME inside that vehicle? I'd hoped you would have IMMEDIATELY notified authorities of what, where and how you were hearing that. It could have (thank God it wasnt)..meant someone needed help.

For all the Security and LE out there and here on ATS...thank you for questioning this in this thread and making others aware!

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: oops-glasses!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Because you are a woman I should speak with you differently than I do a man? I wasn't calling you an asshole directly. Just stating that if you weren't going to examine or call the cops that you are an asshole. Considering you were aware that someone else called the cops, I don't think it applied to you.

new topics

top topics

join