It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Dome Fake - A Massive Hoax - Missiles Blowing Up in the Air?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Iron dome is another win for Israel.

Which is why it is so ridiculously attacked by their enemies.

For years it has been publicly known Hamas was stockpiling attack rockets and gradually acquiring longer range/better ones. The sideline armchair anti-Israeli warmongers were just waiting for them to be unleashed and now that they have been and fizzled to nothing, they are mad.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: unphased

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c

originally posted by: unphased
Well the vehicles in the vicinity when it hit just seem to go on about their business.. Not to mention the dude who runs over to inspect..

unsure as to which/what video you're referring to, but, in the one from the OP, there are No vehicles 'on scene' until after the smoke/rocket strike has fully cleared the immediate area.

they would have likely seen it from whatever distance they were at the time, but would have also likely realized no damage was done to the roadway and that they were safe to pass.

i doubt rocket strikes that don't really do any damage get them all up in sorts anymore.... just day to day life in their 'world'

smoke's cleared/no damage/ carry on

Which takes us back to the original point.... What kinda rockets are these that "don't really do any damage"....?

The POI was within a few yards of a GAS STATION... and nothing? At all?!

Iirc most of the warheads are are around 5 to 20kg. Ball bearings and other types of shrapnel material are used. These aren't typical "movie" explosions; accelerant isn't used for glorified results.

Kind of like frag grenades. I was sorely disappointed when I saw them used in person.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wow, this needs some further investigation, but wow. Invisible Hamas Rockets, they are even more advanced than Israel...lol

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

an easy solution to the whole debate would be for some one to get their own infra-red video camera and film the Iron dome rockets themselves if they "cant obtain footage" from official sources........

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
WOW. The lies that come out of the Zionist propaganda machine is never ending. Because they have no real enemy they have to explode missiles in the air to fool the gullable public. Luckily they get them from US taxpayers for free so it really doesn't matter to them.

The true face of Israel is a used car salesman trying to convince the world that genocide is humane.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
a reply to: abe froman

yeah.

and the one [from the gas station footage] where the guy's cliaming it was nothing more than a big 'smoke bomb'...

I'd like to have seen them be within a 20-30 ft radius of that one. and still claim the same from the intensive care unit/morgue.

the hamas/palestinian rockets may not be the most accurate or destructive, but I'd sure rather not be in the vicinity of one when it hits the gorund.

as for the 'fake' iron dome' BS... it's just that - BS

it's based a lot on the likes of what the US Navy uses on its battleships, with the 'wall of lead' approach to incoming attacks, missiles, etc.

the fake's fake, here.

:derp:

Yeah well all the same, I'm inclined to go with the video evidence. This whole thing is a scam and a hoax!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Obama approves $225m grant to replenish Iron Dome parts

This calculation doesn’t account for the entire $225 million Congressional allocation, however, because at a cost of about $50,000 per missile, the price for replenishing 700 Tamir missiles would be only about $35 million.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Here's another

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
let them remain deluded. i worked on counter RAM systems for the U.S Army. Fire Finder AN/TP-Q-36 Counter Mortar Radar and AN/TPQ-37 artillery and Rocket Radar. I can tell you that the idea that counter RAM does not work is utterly ignorant. here's a hint: IR is not visible to the naked eye and neither are radar frequencies.

the sensors in that system do not work in the visible spectrum. but what do you expect from people that perform personal hygiene with a rock and lop of the hands of people who shake with the same hand the ignorant little 7th century cavemen happen to wipe with? OTOH westerners that don't know don't have the excuse of being from a backwards place like the middle east. this same type of pinhead probably espouses all sorts of western examples of tech that contradicts their stupid assertion.
edit on 6-8-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The propaganda machine marches on. The guy in the YouTube video is clearly biased, unless " genocidal a-holes" has become a term of endearment.
It is clearly stated in the video that Hamas rockets can not be seen with the naked eye and then the youtuber spends the next 15 minutes saying if we can't see them it must be fake. Your own evidence just showed us that you can't see them. No you cannot have access to classified infa red footage for your you tube movie, thats not a conspiracy, thats common sense.
last but not least, your "Israeli Expert" Motty Schaffer can not be found on any google searches that aren't related to this hoax.
Shenanagins.

Well of course that's not true, they can absolutely be seen with the naked eye, maybe not with s****y cameras. They are large rockets. I sincerely wouldn't be surprised if hamas rockets are just big bottle rockets (i've called them that before), because explosive would be hard to come by.

Hey, consider this, what if Hamas is genius and they are shooting thousand of bottle rockets over into Israel and Israel shoots each one with 100,000 dollar rocket. Basically bleed Israel and the US financially.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I think the iron dome missiles are real enough, but I wouldn't be surprised if they fire them off both at rockets they know aren't damaging and at nothing, because they just ask the US for money.

Then, Hamas is shooting rockets with no explosives in them, to cause Israel to use as much of it's expensive rockets as possible to try to bleed them.

Unfortunately for the Palestinians, Israel has their hand in our cookie jar.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
let them remain deluded. i worked on counter RAM systems for the U.S Army. Fire Finder AN/TP-Q-36 Counter Mortar Radar and AN/TPQ-37 artillery and Rocket Radar. I can tell you that the idea that counter RAM does not work is utterly ignorant. here's a hint: IR is not visible to the naked eye and neither are radar frequencies.

the sensors in that system do not work in the visible spectrum. but what do you expect from people that perform personal hygiene with a rock and lop of the hands of people who shake with the same hand the ignorant little 7th century cavemen happen to wipe with? OTOH westerners that don't know don't have the excuse of being from a backwards place like the middle east. this same type of pinhead probably espouses all sorts of western examples of tech that contradicts their stupid assertion.

I think you missed the point? He asks for IR footage. Also, if they are intercepting, it's not invisible to the naked eye.. if you can film the Israeli rocket, then obviously the one it is intercepting being caught is just a matter of camera and lens quality.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

Here's another

Just think.. a few hundred dollars fired from Gaza that would have done zero damage with no warheads taken out by an equal amount of rockets from the Israeli side that cost 100,000 each. Lol, maybe Israel is missing the point of these rocket attacks.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

For years it has been publicly known Hamas was stockpiling attack rockets and gradually acquiring longer range/better ones. The sideline armchair anti-Israeli warmongers were just waiting for them to be unleashed and now that they have been and fizzled to nothing, they are mad.

I guess it's a win. If you consider knocking powerless, war headless, directionless bottle rockets out of the sky at the cost of 100 thousand dollars each a win. If the US wasn't funding Israel they would bankrupt themselves shooting down those rockets never being smart enough to realize the volleys are about draining Israel's money rather than killing their citizens.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I guess it's a win. If you consider knocking powerless, war headless, directionless bottle rockets out of the sky at the cost of 100 thousand dollars each a win. If the US wasn't funding Israel they would bankrupt themselves shooting down those rockets never being smart enough to realize the volleys are about draining Israel's money rather than killing their citizens.
if the rockets are harmless why don't you stand at ground zero under one to prove your claim that it's harmless to have a large metal object falling at terminal velocity land on your house?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
are they made of fluffeh bunnehs?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
negative. launching fluffeh bunnehs would be far more effective.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hamas is firing extremely effective rockets. They have also fired at least 2 M302 Missiles which carry a warhead in excess of 150kg. They are filling the skies with the much smaller local rockets with a few kg to 10s of kilograms of warhead if they use one at all though.

So if they don't have warhead, what do they have? They have roughly $100,000 per shot. All they have to do is get near a populated area with their trajectory and it's a 6 figure whammy for every round they send down range. I doubt their local rockets cost all that much to make per copy, so it's an incredibly powerful force multiplier when scale is taken in.

This article came clear back on the 9th and not much had happened by comparison.

On Tuesday, 117 rockets struck Israel, 45 of them targeting major cities, including Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, as well as Hadera, 72 miles to the north.

During Operation Pillar of Defence in November 2012, when Israel clashed with Hamas, 1,500 rockets were launched from Gaza at Israel. According to figures provided at the time by the Israel Defence Forces (IDF), Iron Dome destroyed 426 rockets, with a successful interception rate of 84%.
Src

426 missiles wasted in 2012 meant $42+ million taken out of Israel's budgets for what probably cost Hamas a matter of 10s of thousands to make and use. Firing from populated areas doesn't seem to give them pause, so I won't count that as part of the cost as they view in this whole thing. A % of that was fired in that single day above, this time.

The point isn't to bring great casualties to Israel with the regular rockets but to get a gap for the M302 missiles if possible, and run the tab as high as possible for as little in costs burning supplies through Iron Dome. It's not even a bad tactic if they can stomach the counter-battery fire and losses that causes. They seem to manage, unfortunately.

It's a game changer alright. If your enemy is short of rockets? It's a shield. If your enemy can fire them day and night like they are free? It's a lever for an enemy to quite literally set the cost overrun levels of the military using it. Oops.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
whats funny about all that is that the iron dome is just one system. The Israeli's are about to bring the M THEL follow on on line. then that argument goes right out the window. it wont take a rocket to intercept not only rockets but mortars and artillery rounds. Instead it will take an electrical power source.

on top of that the 100K price tag per interceptor sounds a little steep. i think i have heard on the news its more like 45K.

at any rate they are about to go DEW and it will be moot at that time.

The MTHEL itself was never intended for fielding it was a technology development test bed. now the same system (actually with a stronger laser) will fit on a single LMTV truck.

buthere is the M-THEL

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join