It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great. Now I have Dianne Feinstein looking at me.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I got Michael Moore getting ready to sneeze all over my monitor from the upper right hand corner......

blaaaaaah...........

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I know! This really tears it. Maybe I'm just going through some phase, because I'm snarling really bad at the tele screen cxxxfaces lately, but it's this new thing that propelled me there. I don't know or care who these people are. Just a bunch of apes seeking attention I think. I will never see enough of it to know what they're selling. Best to avoid altogether. Ew ew ew.

Try narrowing the screen. It's easy to forget about this neat display feature during periods when they run normal blank backgrounds, but now, here it is. I started the computer, hit ATS, and almost puked. In the blank area, try placing some nice nudie screenshots on either side of the remaining text. It's sort of hard to improve on savory, natural imagery, I've found. I can even read about plagues, and stuff. One guy had a nervous breakdown and then he offered a few ultimatums about it, and the screen was normal, when he authored it. I think I have it bookmarked….

I believe a child should be able to handle a few years of solitary confinement before being allowed to breed, but that's just me. I really don't know why they do this. It's like a home invasion. I thought it was a pop up. I thought it would go away. Haven't we learned anything from the TV and media psyops yet? Really disturbing, but I have small ears.

# 243
edit on 5-8-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If we are to have ads that take up both sides of the damned page, give us gardening ads with pretty flowers or pet ads with cute kittens and puppies or something pleasant. God these ads annoy the hell out of me. There goes my anxiety and blood pressure being raised. GRRRR

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You do realize the internet isn't free right?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Ha! Tell that to my sister!

I call her the WiFi Bandit of the Century!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

it's not free(in more ways than one, i might add)....but there's GOTTA be less annoying ways to generate ad revenue...

i mean, seriously? "next level bulls**t"? i mean, i don't give a s**t, but it's a bit crass...and more than a little hypocritical, especially when you guys hop all over us with cleats on, when we use censored versions of bad words, and here you have one we can't say, with a little blur on it...

it kinda sends a message, man..
edit on 8-6-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
We know it isn't free, but some ads are easy to ignore, others not so much. There is a reason there is a "worst ads" thread. The majority of ads don't get complaints. I only ever complain about the ones with sound that deafens me unexpectedly or the ones that cover half my screen making browsing the site impossible. This one however is obnoxious due to a combination of it's size and content. I think if the content was different, you wouldn't get as many complaints. I know someone would find a reason to complain even if the ad was for a tea set, but this clearly bothers more than a few.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

WalMart isn't free either.
They use advertising to attract customers.
edit on bu312014-08-06T04:02:06-05:0004America/ChicagoWed, 06 Aug 2014 04:02:06 -05004u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have no idea who most of these people are and now feel better about living under a rock, in another country, with no television.

Whats that thing in the top right looking like its about to swallow a sausage?, actually I dont want to know, dont tell me.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That would be great if you are willing to PAY to use the site, but if not...

man-boobs it is... apparently. I don't have the cash...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

That would be great if you are willing to PAY to use the site, but if not...

man-boobs it is... apparently. I don't have the cash...

Just saying that the site can use advertising that might stand a chance of selling the product that they are advertising if it didn't turn off so many people.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I guess the irony of the piece is escaping folks... Think about the images then consider what the text is actually saying.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I guess the irony of the piece is escaping folks... Think about the images then consider what the text is actually saying.

I read the text. I understand what it says.

I am telling you that I see the images and do not enjoy seeing them. It is that simple.

If you just had the text on the sides of the page I would accidentally click on it and see the thing that is being touted. I guarantee that I would accidentally click it.... I have done it before. No pic needed.

I do not expect anything to change.

I fully understand that this is a for profit enterprise and you sell ad space.
edit on bu312014-08-06T10:33:28-05:0010America/ChicagoWed, 06 Aug 2014 10:33:28 -050010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why would an advertiser take out a full screen AD on ATS with only a twitter page and nothing to sell yet?

Welcome to "Next Level Bull#" - deconstructing all the bull# on the Internet is going to take some time. #NLBS

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
There is money to be made, or it wouldn't be there.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think there should've been a grey alien and a ghost on there somewhere. That might loosen up the image a little bit.

But my dilemma is: Either staring at Putins man-boob or staring at Gretchen Carlson. She is kind of sexy but her mind is so poison that it just kills it, so then I go back to the man-boob. It's like a tennis match. Then Greer is like the intermission of this show. I mentally block out lunatic Beck and Feinstein. It's just a natural reaction, sorta like flinching.

edit on 6-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Because we are "all that". Why else?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

WE, unlike Walmart, aim to keep the lights on. We believe (maybe mistakenly) that our members will focus on what we do that's GOOD and disregard the sidelines they don't like that pay the bills that afford us the privilege of doing that good.

I could be wrong, I hope I'm not,
edit on 8-6-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

it's kinda hard....

especially when it's HUGE...ans says "S**T" in it, lol

it's a bit hard to ignore...it's not as if it's some little conservative thing...it's ugly, evil people, and foul language, lol...it REALLY grabs one's attention...i know that's the point, but damn...i guess anything worth doing, is worth OVERdoing, AMIRITE?

dude, check your U2Us...
edit on 8-7-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

WE, unlike Walmart, aim to keep the lights on. We believe (maybe mistakenly) that our members will focus on what we do that's GOOD and disregard the sidelines they don't like that pay the bills that afford us the privilege of doing that good.

I could be wrong, I hope I'm not,

I am still here.
Just mentioned that the faces that I see (Rush, Glenn.... all of them) are not agreeable to me. It is similar to trying to enjoy apple pie with a bucket of dog crap sitting on the table. I will try to focus on the apple pie and NOT bring any buckets of poo to your attention from here on out. Wouldn't want you to hear what is real.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join