It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A True Story: What happens if you're unaffiliated.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

America, where it calls itself the land of the free but wont let its taxpayers vote if they dont toe a party line

What are you guys China?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It's because primaries aren't actual elections, they are just part of the media campaign.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
These were the ballot items/measures:

A bunch of county commissioners (none in my county) - a judge and a sales tax in my county - a school board positions not in my district - BOTH U.S. senate seats, one a Dem and one a Rep - the governor (REP only) & Sec of State, Insurance Commissioners (REP only), and a whole bunch of of state seats (some Dem, some Rep).

So - if both parties were on the ballot...or rather WERE both parties on all ballots? Or do they just hand out the DEM or REP ballot to those affiliated with either?

What about the judge and the tax? What difference is it if we're affiliated for those issues?

Anyway, all the state seats, the insurance commissioner, the governor and secretary of state - all will influence ALL of us.

In any case, it's interesting to read your replies, everyone.
No, I'm not a newbie voter, nor a newbie independent. The rules change all the time - and get stupider. Someone said the local elections are most important - fine, granted. But we weren't allowed to vote on those either, without claiming a party.

edit on 8/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah - but this is just the primaries. In the general elections, EVERYONE gets a ballot - no "ties" required.

The thing that frosts my cake is that there were NON-PARTISAN issues on the ballot as well -
AND there are Third Party candidates running - but THEY were not on the ballots, and even if they had been, the "lady" wouldn't let Mr. Wigs vote...

I looked up the rules this morning after reading the results - and it says clearly that UNAFFILITATED voters ARE allowed to vote on the non-partisan issues. So - either Mr Wigs misunderstood (would NOT surprise me - even often inflates things and remembers them much differently than I do when it's a shared experience), or he (a veteran with PTSD) just tuned her out after her initial "you can't..."

Doesn't take much to piss him off - or to shut him down. It's a drag to live with sometimes, but the man does his best, and takes good care of our family.

But, honestly, I'm the same way in some circumstances - once I'm angry it's hard for me to calm back down and see reason. Not as hard as it is for him, though. Funny thing is, he only recently registered - hasn't been a "voter" ever - and he's 43. He wants to vote everyone OUT, really - it's the "no-confidence" vote that a lot of incumbents are going to be dealing with.

Today on the radio (NPR) the local talk show was discussing our governor's race - and how negatively - how disgusted and ANGRY people are at government in general - and not just here in my state, but nation-wide.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've said it and am now blue in the face; still will not cast a 'vote of confidence.'

Each name on any ballot has to have a second box to check;

No-confidence in candidate.

When there is a box to record my vote, I will cast a vote.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

No-confidence in candidate.

When there is a box to record my vote, I will cast a vote.

Yep, that's what Mr Wigs' agenda is.
He actually just wants to prove that he SHOWED UP, and voted for None of the Above by writing that in the blank space.

("I came to vote - and they ALL suck.") He sees that (now) as better than just not voting at all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join