It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodies dumped in streets as West Africa struggles to curb Ebola

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

(Reuters) - Relatives of Ebola victims in Liberia defied government quarantine orders and dumped infected bodies in the streets as West African governments struggled to enforce tough measures to curb an outbreak of the virus that has killed 887 people.

In Nigeria, which recorded its first death from Ebola in late July, authorities in Lagos said eight people who came in contact with the deceased U.S. citizen Patrick Sawyer were showing signs of the deadly disease.

uk.reuters.com...

Looks like things are worse than expected.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Though I may sound rude, I just wanna say that these people are stupid. Well I was actually going to say ruder things, but kept it at that.

Knowing that a virus that could threaten man kind is out there, why would you disobey quarantine orders? It's as if they don't care and want people (even themselves) to get sick and die.

My main question is....how did they gain access to the bodies? Clearly they aren't putting enough to quarantine the area...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

You can lead a horse to water..
Its not stupidity so much as its wilful ignorance.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

If I was in a house with a dead Ebola victim, I would throw them out too.

I sure wouldn't want to be around them any longer than I had to.
I don't blame them for doing this.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

They should at least have the sense to burn the bodies. That would be the responsible thing to do.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Man, does that bring about a mid-evil feeling.

Back to the dark ages we go!

I could just see pyres in the streets flaming up...

ewwwwwww.....

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sorry, I had to do it, lol.

Seriously though, at least they're getting the sense to leave them in the streets instead of washing them and carrying them to their graves. It's an improvement, however small.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Its a sign of the times. We are going into a new dark age, where technology thinks for us. I doubt it will be long before the first world will be burning infectious bodies in the streets.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Count on the ignorant to kill us all.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hey while there at they should set them on fire an roast marshmallows off them jeez i see why its spreading like a wild fire no disrespect to the fallen victims but jeez a little more hygiene goes a hell of a long way!!!a reply to: EnigmaAgent

top topics

join