It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Middle East Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is my first topic so please be nice. If someone has already brought this video to light, feel free to remove this topic.

The following video discusses the middle east problem in a very rational way that I've not seen put forth yet. It addresses a lot of the controversies including the motivations of Hamas, as well as whether the Palestinians have a right to the land of Israel at all. I am taking no sides, only presenting this video as further food for thought on the ongoing conflict.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Not much to add but good info.
let me be the first to give you a flag.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
This is my first topic so please be nice. If someone has already brought this video to light, feel free to remove this topic.

The following video discusses the middle east problem in a very rational way that I've not seen put forth yet. It addresses a lot of the controversies including the motivations of Hamas, as well as whether the Palestinians have a right to the land of Israel at all. I am taking no sides, only presenting this video as further food for thought on the ongoing conflict.

I'm being nice

" This course was made possible with a grant from ADAM AND GILA MILSTEIN FAMILY FOUNDATION." (All Caps from
Video )I've viewed many vids from that channel and most are pretty good. This particular one is over the top
pro-Israel. I'm obviously not a big fan of the Israeli government. But to be fair I am less fond of the U.S Government sticking their noses into other Countries internal affairs.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Good video. Historically and fundamentally accurate. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Stuyvesant
a reply to: thesaneone

Thank you for your affirmation of the information's integrity, I appreciate it. First flag is also really nice too

a reply to: dazbog

I don't know who Adam or Gila Milstein are, but I feel like the information speaks for itself, whether it leans pro-Israel or not. As I said, this topic was only to showcase that videos information, not debate the sides of the conflict (because I take no sides).

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Excellent post !
It´s not that complicated to understand.. just propaganda and hate puts an veil on it.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I don't know who Adam or Gila Milstein are, but I feel like the information speaks for itself, whether it leans pro-Israel or not. As I said, this topic was only to showcase that videos information, not debate the sides of the conflict (because I take no sides).

I assume you viewed the entire video ? Reread my post vid made with a grant by Gila & Milstein. " The information speaks for itself " It most certainly does " because I take no sides " Really?! Okay . Whatever you say. Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, in regard to "sides," I'll just point out that there is indeed such a thing as objective truth, and sides can be "right" or "wrong." People can convince themselves of all kinds of weird nonsense, but reality is. People who think they can somehow define reality for themselves, to suit themselves, are delusional.

Unfortunately, this refusal to recognize reality is a widespread epidemic, and probably more dangerous in the end than ebola.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I don't see how re-reading your post changes the text, or my response... I said I don't know who they are, so re-reading anything makes no difference.

Regardless who it was made by, I'm interested in the info, because from everything I've read and heard about this conflict, it appears spot on. I'm sharing this for the facts, not the bias; I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Stuyvesant

I applaud you for understanding my favor of objectivity. Thank you.

I also agree with your last sentiment. Many people like to live inside their own minds. I believe the motto of ATS is "Deny ignorance" right?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Seriously what do you people expect? What if the UN just grabbed half of your countries land and says: This isnt yours anymore, I dont care if you've been living here for thousands of years, we're giving it to the jews and its theirs to do as they please. Bye now!

Basically what this video says is that Israel is offering all these ''great'' deals and doing everything to give Palestinians their right of existence, while not understanding theyre intruders. They just dont get it: Its like robbing half of someones bank account and then say you dont want a fight they can just keep the rest of their own money. I doubt anyone in the world would find that a great deal except for the robber (Israel) and some of his friends and helpers (USA).

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Well, this vid is very typically the Jewish historical feed we've been hearing for six decades. Divisions between Arabs and Jews wasn't UN mandated, it occurred as the result of armed Israeli insurgents who attacked peaceful villages from the outskirts of Jerusalem to Haifa. The first attack took place at Deir Yassin on April 9, 1948 by Lohamei Herut Israel Zionist paramilitary (and others). They massacred about 150 Arabs, raped girls and burned homes. There have been many since and also a score of administrative measures to imprison and evict Arabs for any reason. This policy of extermination and eviction has indeed created two states, where there were once people living side by side.

The idea of having an Israeli state was to empower Jews who had been systematically expelled and exterminated for centuries throughout Europe. Its very sad to see how a few fanatical Jews in authoritative administrations have tainted their homeland with the blood of so many innocents. The history of Jewish run Israel hasn't been a pretty thing, this is why the military and other offices of the government have well paid public relations organizations consisting of attorneys, which will sue for liable any media outlet that publishes anything that puts Jews in a bad light.

I appreciate the post, and credit you for your effort, but based on the historical data that the the video doesn't cover, I would give it a thumbs down. So, if you claim to deny ignorance, this would be the right moment.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar, arraingement

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatsup86
Seriously what do you people expect? What if the UN just grabbed half of your countries land and says: This isnt yours anymore, I dont care if you've been living here for thousands of years, we're giving it to the jews and its theirs to do as they please. Bye now!

Basically what this video says is that Israel is offering all these ''great'' deals and doing everything to give Palestinians their right of existence, while not understanding theyre intruders. They just dont get it: Its like robbing half of someones bank account and then say you dont want a fight they can just keep the rest of their own money. I doubt anyone in the world would find that a great deal except for the robber (Israel) and some of his friends and helpers (USA).

It didn't go down the way you describe.

Here, read this.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ah, Adam Milstein, his twitter feed is permeated with shock-value propaganda. I saw one picture he posted of a man hanging his children on a fence. A shocking picture of course, but Milstein invented the premise that this was a Palestinian father during the conflict, when the picture originated from Syria in 2013. Without more information on the picture it's difficult to comment on the people involved, but it showed Milstein is a shameless propagandist who will happily create a lie to invoke more hatred towards his enemy.

The video itself has a strange bias towards the facts with lots of opinion thrown in, and seems to omit any anti-Israel facts, which is not a rational analysis.

"In a nutshell, it is this: One side wants the other side dead.", is pure conjecture and recent comments from Moshe Feiglin do not support it.

"The Jews accepted the United Nations partition but no Arab or any other Muslim country accepted it." - Ignored the fact that many countries were bribed significant amounts of money in order to accept the aggreement.

"Israel did not attack Jordan, and begged Jordan’s king not to join the war. But he did. And only because of that did Israel take control of Jordanian land, specifically the "West Bank" of the Jordan River." - Ignores the reason Jordan joined the war, because Israel were intent on capturing Jerusalem, which was at the time under Jordanian control.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

I'm currently reserving my judgment on whether Palestinians were there before or after the Jews until history is fleshed out properly. I've heard and read so many different versions of it, I really don't know what to believe as far as that's concerned. I'm sure if I talked to a Palestinian and a Jew, I'd also get two different versions. History is crafted by those who won, right?

To clear the air, I believe both sides to be in error as far as the instigation and outcome of this conflict. However because it is a "war," I'm not going to whine about body count or collateral damage. War is an abomination, period.

Can I say that I believe all of the opinions and assertions being made by this video? Of course not. But does it at least provide more historical information to "stick a pin" in for later? I believe so. Food for thought, nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: Gianfar

I'm currently reserving my judgment on whether Palestinians were there before or after the Jews until history is fleshed out properly. I've heard and read so many different versions of it, I really don't know what to believe as far as that's concerned. I'm sure if I talked to a Palestinian and a Jew, I'd also get two different versions. History is crafted by those who won, right?

To clear the air, I believe both sides to be in error as far as the instigation and outcome of this conflict. However because it is a "war," I'm not going to whine about body count or collateral damage. War is an abomination, period.

Can I say that I believe all of the opinions and assertions being made by this video? Of course not. But does it at least provide more historical information to "stick a pin" in for later? I believe so. Food for thought, nothing more and nothing less.

Sure, we do form our opinions based on knowledge we have at any given time. Perfectly understandable. And as time leads us further back into the historical records kept in official archives, our opinions also evolve and prosper.

In my case, I am of Jewish descent on the maternal side. I had relatives who came to America and Israel before and after WWII and this has been somewhat of an advantage in terms of education. I also converted to Islam in 2004 and learned from that experience as well. I studied history from some of America's best intellects, such as Noam Chomsky (a Jew) who spent decades researching the Israeli society and history from the best sources. Much of what I know and talk about regarding this subject comes from his dedication to historical fact.

You know, learning is a relative thing. It takes allot of knowledge to even realize how ignorant we humans are. Its not really about opinions or even about facts, because facts can be presented from one point of view as dogma. What the intellectuals and professors do is to accrue facts from archives and connect the dots showing the larger picture. That's why its important to learn from them. They travel around the world and do research that the average person would find impossible. They write books and make references to their work which list the records and data that still exists in archives.

BTW, Jews and Arabs have always shared the same land. It was never about who was there first. Before the conflicts began in 1948, Jews and Arabs lived and worked in the same places. They also intermarried and during WWII Arabs risked their lives to harbor fugitive Jews escaping Nazi Germany through Morocco.

The first fact is that Truth is a scientific process.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar, arraingement

top topics

join