It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations... You Made It!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I ran across this video and wanted to share it. There are a ton of valid points contained within it and if you are at least 25 and older.... chances are good that you will find some truth in it as well. For a brief moment in time, I was taken back to a more simple time and I'm kind of sad that my daughter will never know what that was like. It's a different world out there than it was in the 70's (when I was born).

So yeah... Congratulations! You survived just fine!

edit on 8/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2014 by Gemwolf because: Changed embedded video address to valid video

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks I enjoyed that. I'm a sixties child.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Thanks I enjoyed that. I'm a sixties child.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a little unnerving to see how much things have changed in just such a short amount of time, isn't it? It is really almost like a whole other world.

I miss the simplicity of it myself. A time where not everything had to be analyzed down to the most minute detail and one was actually allowed to learn from their mistakes, etc. It's almost like children no longer get to "live and learn" anything. Maybe I'm just getting old and senile... Who knows.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe that was great thanks for sharing that i was born in the 60s uk but still relates to me

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
1946 here, Kanga, but it certainly brings back a yearning for a much simpler and honest world.....

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Really enjoyed watching the video thanks. I'm a 70's child myself (UK) the things mentioned are points that I make to my kids all the time.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

S+F For this! Thanx for the share! I saw this vid a little while back. Thanx for bringing it up front again! I was born in 62'. Went through all that was shown, and then some, and Yah, I made it! LOL!!!
You are not getting old and senile, In My Opinion, just rembering the simplicity of it all! And yah, so what if some were held back in school, or didn't make the team. I didn't make it, but got over it and learned! Hell I said screw school in the middle of my Senior year, half a credit to go. Got a G.E.D. and became a Top welder in my area! Had government contracts and the whole 9 yards. The shop life screwed me in the physical, but oh well. Still doin the live and learn at 52 yrs old! LOL!!!
Kids now a days have EVERYTHING handed to them. How are they gonna make it after Mommy and Daddy are gone?
I don't know, but it scares me, for them...... Syx.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I like the vid. S&F

But I'm split on this topic. I was born in '71 and left the house early in the morning and didn't return until right before dark. If I got hurt, people in the community helped me and other kids. It was sort of like a village mentality. One side of me says that kids can still do this.

The other side of me is too afraid because it's a different world out there. A much busier world. The roads that I walked down and rode my bike down is now loaded with traffic. There is also a sexual offender registry for every neighborhood and it is very troubling. There's more drunk drivers and drug addicts out there(my assumption). Humanity seems desensitized than it was back then. It's just a different time. It's the end of the innocence.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm glad everyone enjoyed taking a look back with me.

Stars for everyone that participated in my thread. I'm not sure if there was ever a true loss of innocence that caused all of this to disappear or if we were all just eased into thinking there was a loss of innocence. I can't really pinpoint when it happened, but as a mother of a 16 year old daughter.... I did the same as many of you did with your children. I didn't feel safe letting her just run around the neighborhood until dark although it was probably just as safe as it was when I was a kid. Somewhere along the way the idea was planted and none of us wanted to take a chance that we could be wrong.

I also really miss the whole "everybody didn't make the team" deal as well. Not all of us did make the team and I can never remember anyone being scarred by it forever. What it did do was show us what disappointment was and that it was normal. It taught us that we should try harder if it's something we really wanted. We certainly didn't have to wait to be an adult to find out what disappointment was or how unfair... unfair actually felt. It was a normal emotion and one we learned to deal with very early on. Now we have young adults who crumble in the face of adversity, uncomfortable with the thought of failure and overwhelmed when they realize that the world is a hard place to be.

Anyway, that's my ramble.
Thanks again for sharing your memories!
edit on 8/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Says video is no longer available because the uploader closed their youtube account.

But, without even watching it, I know the world has changed greatly since I was a child.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Says video is no longer available because the uploader closed their youtube account.

But, without even watching it, I know the world has changed greatly since I was a child.

I hadn't realized they shut it down. Thanks for letting me know and I went in search for the same video so you could see it...

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ah yes, so very true! Yay, I made it!

new topics

top topics

join