It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: US companies to invest $14B in Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The business commitments being announced by the Obama administration Tuesday include a $2 billion investment by GE by 2018, $200 million in investments across Africa by Marriott, and a $66 million commitment by IBM to provide technology services to Ghana's Fidelity Bank.

The business forum is part of a broader U.S.-Africa summit being held in Washington this week. Nearly 50 African heads of state are in Washington for the three-day conference.

Obama: US companies to invest $14B in Africa

WOW JUST wow i mean really meanwhile more and more companies flee America for cheap labor around the world. They setup offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes ect. Hey how about investing BACK in 2 America well i say we boycott these companies as much as possible... And im sure it is to help take Africa resources also..

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Great way to waste a crapload of money.
I haven't gotten my 10 million dollar deposit yet from an email I replied to last week from an African country.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
More war ?

It seems after US companies invest money, war is to follow lots of times.

"Beyond boosting business ties, the summit also focuses on security partnerships and supporting a new generation of African leaders."

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
like the billions invested in Ukraine, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, the Balkans, or Columbia... etc. and ......
or like the money invested in Israel?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Hmm, sounds to me like an epidemic called Ebola is clearing the path for investment. Seriously, I can see these characters using the old, "Well we have this cure if you'll just give us preferential treatment and of course a hefty discount on resources." Africa is just ME Rev 2.0 in the empire building game.

There are no coincidences, there is just happenstance and enemy action.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Yes i agree with you. Look for a imf bank soon

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You just took the words out of my mind, he, he, interesting I read that "Mariott" is one of them, hell the ebola pandemic is really clearing the path for tourism in the bush.

Incredible how is not talks about the violence, infectious diseases, genocides and others in regions in Africa, is all peachy, so lets just book our next vacations in the bush and don't forget to take the wild animal tour.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So how many years left before the USA falls apart. It will be a welfare nation with nobody working. As the income disappears all the service jobs will also disappear. Even all the jobs in the medical field, nobody will be able to afford to go to the doctors.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So how many years left before the USA falls apart. It will be a welfare nation with nobody working. As the income disappears all the service jobs will also disappear. Even all the jobs in the medical field, nobody will be able to afford to go to the doctors.

I`m sure the FED just prints some money to pay for more printing-presses and all will be fine.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

originally posted by: rickymouse

I`m sure the FED just prints some money to pay for more printing-presses and all will be fine.

Naw, they just let Wall Street create money out of thin air.
edit on 5-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

WOW JUST wow i mean really meanwhile more and more companies flee America for cheap labor around the world. They setup offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes ect. Hey how about investing BACK in 2 America well i say we boycott these companies as much as possible... And im sure it is to help take Africa resources also..

Unfortunately, that's been the trend for businesses who want cheap labor to increase their greedy profits. In the mean time, they sacrifice building the American economy, reduce the quality of their products and customer service, reduce American innovation, and reduce brand loyalty. Corporations can talk a big story how they believe and support America, but their actions speak louder than their words. It's a slap in the face of all hard working Americans when corporations choose to move jobs overseas.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Unfortunately, that's been the trend for businesses who want cheap labor to increase their greedy profits. In the mean time, they sacrifice building the American economy, reduce the quality of their products and customer service, reduce American innovation, and reduce brand loyalty. Corporations can talk a big story how they believe and support America, but their actions speak louder than their words. It's a slap in the face of all hard working Americans when corporations choose to move jobs overseas.

Same goes for Europeans, and nowadays for the Chinese also...till you become a third world country again, and than it`s rinse and repeat.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Didn't Obama complain last week about American companies hiding money overseas and not paying taxes on it? This money being invested will not be taxed nor will the profits coming from it.
Yet somehow people believe he's smart. Smh

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

More war ?

"Beyond boosting business ties, the summit also focuses on security partnerships and supporting a new generation of African leaders."

OOOHHH! So this is about putting puppets in place/regime change.

I think these idiots need to invest back into America for a change. All they have to do is let America build most of the things we use and then everybody would have a job. Then send a few factories to Mexico and Africa and wherever else.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

More war ?

OOOHHH! So this is about putting puppets in place/regime change.

I think these idiots need to invest back into America for a change. All they have to do is let America build most of the things we use and then everybody would have a job. Then send a few factories to Mexico and Africa and wherever else.

But than they just replace workers with machines, unless you want to work for a couple $ a day.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I wonder how much they are going to invest in the bank of Nigeria, seems that they always have rich people wanting to give money away.
But wasn't it just a few days ago that Obama said he wanted to bring back jobs to the US and close loop holes in the tax code.
I guess that was just more of his version of the truth.
When Obama has a press conference are the people issued waders, sounds like it gets deep when he talks.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Great!

More chopping down Forests and displacing Wildlife just so these big Company's can increase their Bank Balances!

There's too much of this going on. Soon there will be nothing left.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I wonder if that 14 billion will involve free water for kids dying from water poisoning in countries where parents don't name their kids for a year because of the rate infants die and a desire not to be attached.

Oh, nope, I just read "investments." That doesn't sound like free water. Go rich people

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8

Yes i agree with you. Look for a imf bank soon

I think they are already there. Getting Ghadafi out was the first step, he was going to institute a gold back unified currency for Africa. Next step would be to create a situation that could destroy the individual countries, hence an epidemic, that clears out a majority of the riff-raff. The US or Brussels offers a solution and wham bam, new synthesis, a new working (very one-sided) relationship.

It's an old confidence/sales game, you make the "client" perceive they need what you have to sell by creating the crisis in the first place and then by amplifying the effect. Standard Hegelian Dialectic stuff ;-)

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join