It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Independance & Possible Huge Oil Discovery

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Whats this about the largest oil field in the world on the west coast of Scotland !

the mid atlantic range west of the Shetlands, currently untapped due to trident being in Faslane
apparently reports have been hidden from Scotland and in the media.

If this is the case then we have an unprecedented amount of oil reserves
they say that 1 in 5 surveys will give a result , like the north sea back when they started drilling it was 1` in 10
there are meant to be trillions of barrels of oil in this area

I will provide the links and contact the guy for the surveys tonight and will post when I get a chance
he has plastered it all over facebook and will give the evidence to anyone who asks

Apparently this range runs down the west coast of Scotland from the Faroes to Ireland

edit on 25-8-2014 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Do you not wonder why those claims are not being investigated by the SNP? Is it because they are baseless and not worthy of such or is it that the SNP do not really want independence? I imagine that a major oil find would give the yes campaign a boost.

I don't really care so much about the oil or how much the rest of the UK have gained from previous oil revenue. If we are part of the UK then resources should be shared. The disturbing thing is the lack of transparency and honesty.

Perhaps people in England don't understand that, although we have Holyrood and the Scottish parliament, in a sense it is irrelevant. I am Scottish and have never heard anyone here mentioning Holyrood or decisions made, it is always about Westminster. It is time to change that.

I couldn't care less if our economy tanks for a decade, we will recover. We need a parliament that is accountable not one that can hide behind Westminster. We have politicians happily riding the Westminster gravy train, the whole system stinks. I also have no illusions about Holyrood...strangely enough I haven't heard of any corruption or scandals there but after independence we will see what's what. One scandal springs to mind though...is the cost of building Holyrood which went ten times over its original costing.

The whole political set up in England is a monstrosity. House of commons, House of lords, Whitehall, City of London, The monarchy...those institutions are really the enemy of the people. The Scots that vote for independence are not abandoning ship they are breaking out of jail. There is no ship...just a sea of corruption.

If a major oil find were to be announced after a no vote...there would be a public reaction.

edit on 25-8-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

If this was true the Scottish Government would have sponsored an investigation. Either that or one of the many commercial oil interests would have moved.

It would be very difficult to cover up oil reserves. The conspiracy would involve too many people and too much commercial interest.

Regards

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Pretty sceptical about likelihood of massive amounts of oil off west coast. Doubt even Westminster would have turned down another oil boom just to keep faslane as a trident base.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I will get the links from the guy that put the statement out , he is from Yes international
I read it on facebook and said that he has evidence which he has sent to the media and to Scottish MSP's
evidence from oil company CEO's reports, seismic reports and surveys of the area showing it to be a vast oil reserve
running from the faroes to the north of Ireland down the west coast of Scotland along the atlantic ridge

the guy said message him for the evidence so I will try and get a hold of him to present the evidence here.
That amount of oil would be an incredible find , but with at least some of the profit Scotland could put the money to research cleaner forms of renewable limitless energy!

I agree with you midicon though it is not about the money but what is right for the future of our nation and generations to come and what is right morally
as I have said before I would happily lose my job working for the current UK government if it meant gaining our independence

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is the article I read where the OP shows further details on the oil find
and asks you message him for evidence which I have now done

read the article here

Oil find
edit on 25-8-2014 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
This is the article I read where the OP shows further details on the oil find
and asks you message him for evidence which I have now done

read the article here

Oil find

Lied to ?, By Westminster ?...surely not.

The NO camp and Westminster keep harping on about the YES camps plan B on currency knowing all along we will use the pound until such times as we get things up and running...

So i ask anyone from the NO Camp..."What's Westminsters plan B after a Independence Vote when they lose 90% of the Oil and Gas revenue ......Overnight". ??

Who holds all the aces here? The threats from Westminster will come back to haunt them big time....

A lady at last nights debate hit the nail on the head...Alex Salmond is fighting for Scotland...the Scottish Labour MP's and Darling are fighting for their Jobs.

edit on 26-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Was glad that salmonds advisors let him be more him self last night. He is often accused of being arrogant which he probably is. But when you see him tear darling apart last night you can see that when it comes to debating he has a lot to be arrogant about.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Was glad that salmonds advisors let him be more him self last night. He is often accused of being arrogant which he probably is. But when you see him tear darling apart last night you can see that when it comes to debating he has a lot to be arrogant about.

When he gets the Game face on he's a considerable force and a match for anyone on the political stage.

Yeah, Last night was the Salmond we see day in day out at FMQ's, tore slug brows a new one.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
it looked really bad for the No camp last night , and extremely positive for the YES and the future of Scotland.

I have been mailed the document by the guy it's written on a word document by a man named William Cameron Mcluaghlin who has collated all the information into this report from various oil company documents, sicentific surveys .
He has sent all of this information to Scottish government and local media.

There seems to be so much information in it , you would need to contact the guy himself for the actual links to the source materials.

I can upload it to the drive if possible , I would copy past it but Im not sure of the t'sn c's on copy pasting large documens and walls of text

edit on 26-8-2014 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Could you PM me the PDF for download if i gave you my email addy.?I dont do FB

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I didn't watch last nights debate, for various reasons, but according to most reports Salmond performed better than the previous debate and gave Darling a bit of a beating.

That being said I'm not too sure what effect it will have on the outcome - it seems to me most people have already decided which side of the fence they are on and if I'm being perfectly honest have a bit of a closed mind to the other sides arguments or reasoning.
Of those who are currently undecided the majority probably aren't inclined to listen to such a debate or read a transcript of it and will either not vote or simply go with their instinct.

Again, if I'm being honest I've become a bit dismayed with the whole thing - I know I'm looking at it from the outside but it really does seem to me that the majority are completely unwilling to listen and even consider the merits of different opinions.
Those in the 'Yes' camp seem to be unyielding in their support of independence and steadfastly refuse to admit that there are some serious issues with Salmond's 'vision' etc.
And the vast majority of the 'Naybags' likewise refuse to admit that Scotland can make a go of it as an independent country.

I'm going to try and keep out of there discussions for a while until closer to the date, (not entirely sure how successful with that I'll be), so my final, (well, maybe final), words on the subject for now are simply this; in 10 years time will the lives of the majority of Scots be any better in a post-independent Scotland than they would be if they remain within the Union?

As far as I can see I really don't think it'll make that much of a positive difference - and bear in mind, the most likely outcome will be swapping a bunch of amoral, corrupt bastards in Westminster with a bigger bunch of amoral, corrupt bastards in Brussels - now if I was a Scotsman that prospect would scare the crap out of me.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
I hope you change your mind and continue to contribute as I enjoy your posts even when I disagree with them. I would say that the debate and whole campaign has generated a lot of discussion among people who probably never normally care about politics, and this I think can only be a good thing.
Will Scots be better off in ten years time. Anyone claims to know the answer to that for certain is lying or deluded. However I think that an independent Scotland would be fairer and more democratic if free from the tradition bound and antiquated Westminster power structure. If we are worse off at least we will be worse off from our own decisions.

edit on 26-8-2014 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
England will soon be London and London alone.

An English border town has "voted" to join Scotland so it can enjoy better public services, it was announced today. Six in ten residents of Berwick-upon-Tweed in Northumberland supported a switch in allegiance from Westminster to Edinburgh, in an unofficial referendum organised by ITV1's Tonight show. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Berwick upon Tweed votes to Leave England

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

And as far as I'd be concerned they'd be free to go and join you if that's genuinely what they want.

I wonder if you'd be as accommodating if the people of The Shetland's, Orkney's and Western Isles expressed a desire to be free from Holyrood?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Good question.
I also support Berwick to have the choice (as a Welshman who lives in England), as I also support the island communites around Scotland if they wish the same.
That is democracy.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I didn't watch the debate but all media analysts are giving Salmond the points against "Just for Eyebrows" best customer. Will it make a difference? I am not sure.

I totally understand the mood to break away from Westminster and a YES vote does give some hope for us in the regions of the rUK that a different political system may emerge from it all. A NO leaves us with an unsatisfactory status quo.

What I am still very dubious of is that the majority of Scottish citizens will see major benefits from the "oil wealth". We have all seen how globalisation has taken effect on UK energy companies. Now most of those companies are owned by European giants whose own markets are a lot more restrictive and even protecting to their home markets. Surely the major oil corporations and other large conglomerates that operate in Scotland will be able use their clout to influence the new Parliament. I know there is a feeling that Holyrood would be more answerable to it's people but it's also more susceptible (given the fewer number of representatives) to lobbying and background influence from the banking, oil, gas, electricity and transport sectors. All of which are MAJOR players in Scotland's economy.

The future is unwritten but it's also an uncertain one whichever choice is made.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Conclusive proof of the English Media Biased against Scottish independence...Daily Record=Mirror group.

Look what section they planted this story.. what the hell has George Galloway getting battered by a Pro Israel supprter got to do with the Independence campaign...typical Gutter press stoops to new low.
Daily Record on Gorgeous George

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You fail to mention that Galloway is currently touring the country on his 'Just say Naw' tour and is fiercely anti-Yes and that his tour had been temporarily suspended due to 'co-ordinated abuse' from Yes voters.

Just hours before Friday night’s attack, Galloway had posted a tweet after Labour MP Jim Murphy temporarily suspended his UK campaign tour claiming “co-ordinated abuse” from Yes voters.

I agree, his beating from a pro-Israeli nut job had nothing to do with the independence debate, but the abuse he has suffered and the possible suspension of his tour most certainly does.

I wonder if you would have been as equally indignant if he'd been in favour of independence?

For the record; I think George Galloway is a complete knob and disagree with a hell of a lot of what he has to say, but I admire his strength of conviction and support his right to voice his opinions.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Oh, and forgot to mention - this was reported in The Daily Record which whilst being part of Trinity Mirror plc is based in Glasgow, has its own Scottish editorial team and whilst being nominally supportive of The Labour Party it has never shied away from criticising it when deemed necessary and several recent editorials have had a more pro-independence slant.

The Daily Record is as Scottish as can be and IF it can be described as 'gutter press' then it is SCOTTISH gutter press and not English.

No, you never blame anything on those bastard English do you?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join