It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US official: Americans killed in Afghan attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. official says "about a dozen" of the victims of an Afghan insider attack on Tuesday were Americans, and at least one American was killed.

The official says many details of the attack early Tuesday were still unclear and the numbers could change. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to discuss details of the attack by name on the record.

A man dressed in an Afghan army uniform opened fire on foreign troops at Camp Qargha, a base west of the capital, Kabul. Among the wounded was a German brigadier general.

Gen. Mohammmad Zahir Azimi, a spokesman for Afghanistan's Defense Ministry, said a "terrorist in an army uniform" opened fire on both local and international troops

US official: Americans killed in Afghan attackAzimi said the shooter had been killed.

Thats the whole article. Will post updates if i see any
edit on 5-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: Germany's Spiegel reports a two-star U.S. general killed in Afghan attack from reuters

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

New York Times is picking it up as of 5 minutes ago.

Times

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
"about a dozen"?

They really don't put work into semantics or appearance of professionalism anymore, do they?

When will they care to give the impression they have a count and not a spitball estimate of 'about a dozen'?

I know I'm being sensitive on this, but for some reason that very casual way of describing the number of fellow Americans now dead in that place hit me like a poke with a hot needle.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
BREAKING NEWS: Germany's Spiegel reports a two-star U.S. general killed in Afghan attack from reuters

I guess they have found a way to retire those who wouldn't be pushed out then.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why are they Still There?

edit on 5-8-2014 by NeverMind2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Boy things are heating up all over the place.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A live briefing going on
www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

edit on 5-8-2014 by buttonitup because: wasn't formatted properly the first time

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

originally posted by: switchqm8

I guess they have found a way to retire those who wouldn't be pushed out then.
You's right et dun uh conspiracy to killed off two-star generals

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Yeah a 2 star general got hit. Our military is completely incompetent all the way down to the short shorts and nutt to butt drills. Stuff like this is avoidable. The system that is currently set up caters to stupidity. It is basically a corporation at this point. That means our military is a Communist body. If that doesn't change before the next major conflict, we have a big problem. Considering who is in power, and I am not talking about Obama, it probably won't change.

No mistake about it - this was avoidable. At least the surprise aspect of it was. It would have required resources that, ironically, some general decided to allocate in the wrong way.

top topics

join