It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE Explosions heard in LIMA, PERU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So i was looking At some football news on the Peruvian web site when i seen a new post from the Peruvian news where a huge amount of people were reporting HUGE explosion sounds that sounded like bombs around Lima, and 11 other districts/towns in Peru! It's all over the social medias as well like facebook and twitter, the national weather representative said it the sounds have nothing to do with any type of weather related issue like thunderstorms or anything like that. The military has said it's not bombs or anything to do with the military, some people are saying it might have been fireworks....... Fireworks heard in 11 different districts/towns??????? Here's the link to the news.

peru.com...
edit on 5-8-2014 by Lotlatino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's a link to a spanish news report. My spanish is rusty but I can read that its wondering what the explosions were and that they sounded like dynamite. Do you have an English translation?

My initial thought is that the explosive sounds happened last night and nothing is in the news today so I'm thinking it was 'nothing'. But an English version of the above story would be helpful.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's a link to a spanish news report. My spanish is rusty but I can read that its wondering what the explosions were and that they sounded like dynamite. Do you have an English translation?

My initial thought is that the explosive sounds happened last night and nothing is in the news today so I'm thinking it was 'nothing'. But an English version of the above story would be helpful.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I read that no storm was over the city but residents heard thunder or exploding dynamite. There was mention of fireworks detonation but no confirmation of a direct link between the two but the explosion was felt through multiple towns. There is a level of concern about an attack but not too sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lotlatino

There was an meteor reported on space weather but not sure if this could be the reason ?
1%

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Fireworks according to every article about the noise, even yours

Estruendos en Lima serían por fuegos artificiales en Cerro San Cristóbal

Google translator:

The National Police reported tonight via RPP that fireworks could be the cause of these loud sounds but not reported emergencies. "There is a fiesta in San Juan de Lurigancho," said a senior police official at the station.

The place from where the fireworks were fired seems to be pretty in the middle of the city

so yeah it could have been heard from all around
edit on 5-8-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

Right in the middle of all the places named in the op source

El Agustino, San Borja, Rímac, La Molina, Surco, Surquillo, Centro de Lima, San Juan de Lurigancho, Breña, Jesús María, Miraflores

edit on 5-8-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I had an experience in southcentral Pennsylvania in 1983 with strange sounds. I was awakened by loud booms. There were flashes, but the booms were extremely loud, very sharp and had no rumble like thunder normally does. There was no rain associated with this. The booms traveled down the valley away from me and the sounds finally faded away in the distance. I spoke to someone that lived about 5 miles away that heard it also. The guy remarked about how very strange it was, he had never had an experience like that before.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

In the US, and elsewhere I suppose, electrical power transformers on poles in local neighborhoods have fuses that will blow out to protect the circuits. Perhaps there was a chain reaction of electrical shorts or surges that caused multiple fuses to melt in the town. They make a hellava noise if one near your residence blows. Also, they make quite a flash of light in the process of elimination themselves.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I'm surprised that so many people still haven't heard about this:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.wunderground.com...

But I didn't either until about 4 years ago when I heard it for the first time!
Then I went searching for an explanation.
It was exactly what I heard!
One time so big, that it shook the house & rattled the windows!
A loud, deep sound, just like cannon fire.
I've heard them 3 times since then!

In 2010 a few hours before Chile's 8.8 earthquake,
there were many people that heard them,
in Pennsylvania & Ohio, here in the U.S!

USGS has some information on them too:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

WOQ

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Maybe they should start looking for large holes like the ones in Siberia....could be large gas releases from underground explosively coming up.

top topics

join