It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Alcohol not banned???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
IAlcohol does form in nature. Ever seen a squirell or Racoon drunk off of grapes or berries that fermented on the vine. The premise behind the creation of wine, beer, was to be able to keep the nutrients of the grain or fruit intact, as in these two items don't keep well nor last long off the vine.

Ever see a grape with a white substance all over it? That's yeast. Yeast + Sugar= alcohol.....on the vine or in a bucket, the process is the same. I live in central North Carolina and my property is covered in wild Muscadine grapes, the smell alone is intoxicating. Ive seen drunk racoons, drunk squirells, drunk birds that could'nt get off the ground.

Beer was created to store the nutrients of the grain. Imagine back in the day at dinner...everybody drank beer! Even the little ones. Nap time must have been real damn easy!!!!! To answer the op. Man & greed is why it's readily available to allmost everyone. It destroys lives. It kills without remorse. For the record. I don't consume alcohol of any kind. Maybe a glass of home made wine a couple times a year. Some advice. If you dont drink, dont start. And if you do drink, stop.
edit on 5-8-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: adnanmuf
Alcohol can not be found in nature .

Actually it can. When I was young I used to feed horses old apples that had fallen off the tree and 'ripened' in the sun. The horses would get drunk off them and have a good time.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: forgot the mod tag

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: maryhinge

as to why booze is not banned
the answer is simply money AS IN TAXES

Income tax was a result of prohibition, one of the first 'conspiracies' was that prohibition was set into place to get the government to push for income tax, then weed out the big German beer makers with it so American and favored beer makers could start over.
The U.S drank so much back then that the government could rely on sales taxes from Alcohol alone to fund the entire country internally. When they took that away, they needed to come up with income tax.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: adnanmuf

Alcohol can not be found in nature .

i bet you regret that part of the post now ...

been fun to read the replies ...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yes alcohol is found in nature, as far as making it illegal..umm been there done that..created murderous crime groups that still exist today, personal responsability is the key not nanny state bullsh#t.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: adnanmuf

Why don't they persecute people who don't have #ing self control?

Make all drugs, substances, things legal, and instead of making it illegal to have guns,drugs, knives, or explosives persecute the #ing idiots who use them inappropriately?

WAIT! Because that makes no #ing sense, I get it now, it's not the fault of the poor innocent human it's the fault of the ;gun, drug, explosive, loud music, fast car.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

You're pretty self righteous.

I agree, most people shouldn't drink, most people shouldn't smoke, most people shouldn't own guns, and most people should keep their opinions to themselves and respect their fellow man.

How ever I made a hypocrite of myself with that last addition.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

That video was cute and funny.
Those monkeys and the elephants were the best.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

Make all drugs, substances, things legal, and instead of making it illegal to have guns,drugs, knives, or explosives persecute the #ing idiots who use them inappropriately?

WAIT! Because that makes no #ing sense, I get it now, it's not the fault of the poor innocent human it's the fault of the ;gun, drug, explosive, loud music, fast car.

Question, why do we have persecute anyone? Wouldn't it make more sense to put abusers into rehab or get them help for their problems instead of fining and or jailing them for something they cannot help?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Funny as hell but I bet this little bugger wasn't feeling to well later:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Alcohol has a rich and varied history in my culture. Only the ignorant and stupid would want to ban a drink that has huge benefits to society. Pubs, for example, improve social cohesion. Just because a minority drink to excess and become dependent and silly should not distract from the benefits and enjoyment by the vast majority.

Teetotallers are OK, but people who want to ban alcohol are spoilsports who need to get a life.

I am happy that later I will have a nice pint of 6X - a fine ale from Devizes. In so doing, I will join in with the society of the village I chose to live, by talking to people. It would not work with a pint of raspberry and soya extract.

Oh, and, Dear God, you Americans with your Prohibition and hang-ups. Happy to gun each other down, so long as you are not drunk! (I say that in jest)!

Regards

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Almost everybody is more or less addicted. All politicians and ceo's here in the Netherlands were members of student clubs where binge drinking was obligate culture. State earns a lot of money with it, let alone some company like Heineken or Budweiser. It has been around about as long as marihuana (I think, not sure) and is so deeply imbedded in cultural history... See what happened during the US prohibition...

I have the opinion alcohol should be banned from supermarkets, and only available in liquor stores with the screening system they have in Scandinavia. Legal drinking age in the Netherlands has be changed to 18 yrs, but I think they should make 21 from that and have strict enforcement of that. Right now it's not succesful because everybody drank in their teens, and parents don't want to steal that experience from their kids (see how deeply rooted it is in culture)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why ban alcohol? Alcohol is fine if enjoyed in moderation, as is everything.

If anything, ban those who abuse it.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

we tried that in the usa at least not sure where your from personally,but we repealed it as it lead to organized crime and some of the only times in our history when people were driving around whacking each other with machine guns,oddly enough after repealing prohibition we started the war on drugs......we all know how thats turning out

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

We do. As you can see, it's fixed all of the personal and social problems associated with drug abuse.

Oh, wait...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Really???................ How dumb is the general population?? hahahaha

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Boys sometimes need alcohol to be rude to girls.
And girls sometimes need alcohol to let them.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I was just thinking what other things if banned would mean less people died.. well, died sooner than they eventually would... and motor vehicles must be up there with the cause of the most deaths?

I suppose a percentage would have been drunk.

I just had a quick search..I could only find information on Wikipedia, and it looks like over a million deaths, per year, world wide, that are motor vehicle related, according to the figures on there.

No one wants cars banned though, do they? Well, maybe a few people.

edit on 8/5/2014 by moth115 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's an open discussion on an open forum. I gave my opinion, just like the other 99.9% on here do. And yes, you made yourself out a hypocrite in your last paragraph . But if telling folks about the dangers of alcohol is self righteous , then self righteous I be.PS I also own guns & I smoke. But my opinion is just that" an opinion. Like that tall cool one you have in your avatar.a reply to: Hijinx

edit on 5-8-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Alcohol is essential. It kills brain cells to help forget a really bad day. I wish beer were illegal, but the strong stuff needs to stay, and raise the drinking age to 25, and an alcohol permit bought annually would be great, like they have fishing licenses. It would be a help to the sober cause more than abolition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join