It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime on the rise in NYC and across the US, first time in 20 years! How bout your neighborhood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'll tell you, NYC was fairly peaceful for quite a while now. You seldom heard about violent crimes on the news, although they did happen. But lately, and especially this year, every time you turn on the TV, there is some violent crime. The change has been dramatic in the past year or so. I haven't seen this in a long time, since the 70's, 80's and into the early 90's. I was wondering what was the cause?.. the economy? Some other reason?

I was wondering what was happening in your neighborhood?

---

A quick Google of "crime on the rise in NYC" brought up a bunch of articles. Apparently, it is on the rise in the entire US.

Crime is on the rise in NYC for the first time in 20 years -
www.villagevoice.com...

"The crime rate has become perhaps the single most important gauge of the city's health, and for 20 consecutive years, that rate has been dropping.. But what's happening this year.. For the first time in two decades, the year will likely end with an increase in crime."

---

Another article I found:

Violent crime continues to rise across US

"A new survey has revealed a national jump in violent crime for the second year in a row, a sign that the 20-year trend toward safe streets and secure homes is coming to an end.

Between 2011 and 2012, the violent-crime rate rose 15 percent and the property-crime rate rose 12 percent, based on data from the annual National Crime Victimization Survey."

nypost.com...

---

Violent Crime in U.S. Rises for First Time Since 2006

www.nytimes.com...

---

NYPD: Crime Spikes Dramatically In Parts Of Big Apple -
newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have no crystal ball but I would bet the crime figures will continue to increase due to gang violence (turf battles) as they branch out for more control of certain areas. MS-13 will not doubt be making a few more headlines than usual even though they usually shy away from getting caught.

Also with unemployment and the possibility many who have fallen through any type safety net getting hungry or not seeing an out for their predicament.... the seeds of strife and crime are no doubt being sown in some of our larger cities. Detroit and Chicago come to mind right off the bat.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
-There are 150 people lined up for each job and only the one who promises lower salary requirement gets the job.

-Corporate welfare

-Education bubble.

- U.S. dollar took some heavy hits this year

-Cost of living is out of hand

-The elite are being a little less reserved in how, when and who they piss on to get their laughs.

-Oversized government (more stress on an already weak economy and weak dollar)
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Another thing I noticed recently on the rise in NYC is panhandling at traffic intersections and people lining up for food in front of churches and 'soup kitchens'. One particular church in midtown had a line around the corner. Never saw that even just 5 years ago.

Article:
LOCAL OFFICIALS FRET OVER RISE IN ‘OVERLY AGGRESSIVE PANHANDLING’
"Homelessness is on the rise in New York; the number of people in shelters is up 29% since last spring when state budget cuts forced the closure of a city rent-subsidy program called Advantage.."

edit on 5-8-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well it's not going to get any better any time soon I think. As others have said already cost of living is going up and the number of jobs that are able to cover the cost of living on there own are going down.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The elite have rendered the whole economy in a tailspin. After 2007-8 collapse of the economy the whole lower middle class took a great shift downhill economically. That makes the poor poorer.It is a design to bring the Western world into economic collapse and bondage to what they call austerity and what that does is have a societal effect on the crime rate and other negative indicators as well, such as depression and suicides.

Haven't we recalled those yearly Bildebergers meetings? They don't go there to play golf. The last meetings were about how they were going to screw us.

With or without grease. They have chosen to screw us without grease

edit on 5-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
-There are 150 people lined up for each job and only the one who promises lower salary requirement gets the job.

-Corporate welfare

-Education bubble.

- U.S. dollar took some heavy hits this year

-Cost of living is out of hand

-The elite are being a little less reserved in how, when and who they piss on to get their laughs.

-Oversized government (more stress on an already weak economy and weak dollar)

That pretty much sums it up but I would also add drugs, and violence saturating people through media. Financial matters is huge though.

I've see an increase in aggression. People are stressed out and don't know what to do with the anxiety and anger this seems to evoke. It's only going to get worse. The energy in the world is chaotic and we pick up on that.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I live in a rural Texas county with only one major "town" of 15,000 and they're reporting a 30% increase in crime in that town. We live out in the countryside and haven't seen any crime whatsoever.

However, I can report that the level of police activity in the town and the county has become phenomenally high in the last month. Its so bad that I know from neighbor reports that people are now taking fewer trips to towns and villages to avoid the cops. The cops aren't bad, but its inconvenient and kind of scary to see them randomly pulling people off the road for no apparent reason. I got stopped by one of the "Town" cops on Sunday; he seemed almost embarrassed to make the stop, gave me a warning for an illegal lane change (on a deserted street) and said, "well, its just to get you into the system". Really? They're pulling people over just to log them into some "system"?

I don't know what that's all about. But we won't be going to town again for quite some time.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ill throw in my

If u ban guns for law abiding people

Then the criminals are not nearly as afraid to attack said citizen

My two pennies

top topics

join