It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new metal detectors old books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You know what is sad when a school puts in new medal detectors while the kids have twenty year old books. Isn't that just wrong? Personally, I think its sad that students have to go through medal detectors just to get in the school building, their place to learn. Shouldn't the use the money for some school activites, new books, sports, etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I think its sad that students have to go through medal detectors just to get in the school building, their place to learn. Shouldn't the use the money for some school activites, new books, sports, etc.

I believe the metal detectors were a response to the rash of school shootings. Not all schools have them either, I have yet to see any in the county I live in. But I agree it is sad that there are metal detectors in some schools. I guess it was a local decision in certain areas I guess the local scholl boards opted for student safety over other things.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
They're put there to aware the students that the others students carry guns or are dangerous.. they're trying to instill fear in people, those school shootings are very sketchy .. I won't say but those we're planned events.. Simply put .. don't p!ss people off and they won't shoot you.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm in favor of the cost going to these detectors. Your children must be safe before they can learn.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

I think its sad that students have to go through medal detectors just to get in the school building, their place to learn. Shouldn't the use the money for some school activites, new books, sports, etc.

I believe the metal detectors were a response to the rash of school shootings. Not all schools have them either, I have yet to see any in the county I live in. But I agree it is sad that there are metal detectors in some schools. I guess it was a local decision in certain areas I guess the local scholl boards opted for student safety over other things.

there ther in my middle school they were built in to the door jams when the building was done

top topics

join