It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close-UP UFO Video, Would Like Opinions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
After finally watching it, the first thing that strikes you is that its fake, quite simply because it seems to good to be captured. But after repeated viewing you can boil it down to three options,
a) it was put in the film later via computer, or in other words CGI
b)its a life sized model
c) the real deal

A)This would seem the most likely answer, but indigo_child (who's opinion i respect in these forums) seems to rule this out. I believe he's worked with photography/films and has some knowledge about the making/processing techniques involved, alot more than me anyway, so im going along with that too.
B)This can be ruled out too IMO, you can see in the footage how fast and seamlessly the craft moves, with no editing, just one continous shot. Far faster than any crane (which would have to be massive, seeing as the craft is massive) to keep up with. Starts off as a fairly small object and within 4 seconds is massive, dwarfing the houses as it passes overhead.
c) as a process of elimination this seems to be the real deal. As spectacular as it is, which almost seems too good, i guess this is a real ufo.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Its a good video lol.....The UFO looks good but could be a 3d0... The lights look very good on the UFO rotating and all... but like everyone said, the other lighting is questionable. Also questionable is how the UFO comes in horizontal at the start of the video.

The lighting could of been done like the way a lightsaber is produced in star wars. I have done the star wars lightsaber blades with Adobe Photoshop and made a video of it lol (that was fun) Plenty of tutorials around on how to make a video of a lightsaber.
www.alienryderflex.com...

Anyone could reproduce this with some effort and time.

All you would need to reproduce something like this is:

1. Video File of a real background (like a house or cow. :lol

2, 3ds MAX
3. Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro

Maybe a lil more stuff u could add to that list if u wanted too. Im no expert on this haha.

Would be cool to challenge someone to reproduce this UFO video....

That Yahoo link has terrible band width lol....
Here is another link of this UFO

[edit on 5-12-2004 by XPhiles]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
You are very welcome Skadi. Thank you Picard for your compliment, I feel very honoured that you respect my opinion

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Of course your opinion is respected. You know far more about video stuff than me.

I would have to say, my misgivings about the video were basically, it was too damn good to be true.

But i will agree. My observation of the video showed an object that appeared to be very large. It looked large, and did cast light down beneath it. Though Im sure such a thing could be faked, I dunno how, or how easy it is.

Since two qualified persons, in my opinion, see no evidence of video editing, Id have to say, this video now has me stumped. Unless anyone else has some expertise to add, Id have to say, this video is amazing!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This thread is hiding very interesting questions.... that video could be genuine.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I am usually not the skeptic, but I am 99% sure this is a case of CGI...

Just look at the craft, it's a perfect example of CGI, the lightning ON the disc doesn't look right, the light (although impressive) is obviously similar of that used in 3D PC games and early CGI...

Sorry, but this is more than likely fake, I don't buy it...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Fake?humm wont say but if it is nice of them to time the sound and down draft of air from the ufo to match the flyt path .
Take a realy close look you can see dust rasing because of the downdraft so if it is fack it was done by hollewood.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I will study this video more...the static could easilly be added, I will look for the dust, too bad the video is of such low resolution...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Piccard, your link played on wmp but with sound only??

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I am usually not the skeptic, but I am 99% sure this is a case of CGI...

Just look at the craft, it's a perfect example of CGI, the lightning ON the disc doesn't look right, the light (although impressive) is obviously similar of that used in 3D PC games and early CGI...

Sorry, but this is more than likely fake, I don't buy it...

CGI imagery has a certain texture, it is easily discernable from realistic image, upon inspection. A common trick of CGI as told to me by one of my cinematography lecturers, that a CGI image should not be on screen for more than 2 seconds, or it becomes noticable.

Further, if this indeed was CGI, which I am ruling out, but if you insist, it would be a masterpiece of special effects, and would surely have took a lot of concentrated effort, time and money, to render. If that was the case, then you would expect the maker to claim ownership of it. This, coupled with a good story, could have a made a good deal of money.

It's not CGI, but good luck, in finding out if it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hmmm...personally, I think it's a hoax.

Words I think can be heard (in order):

Are you still there (by cameraman).
You can't do that.
I got, I got ??? (sounds like action?)
Pull away (whispering and then the camera pulls away)
It's all just a dream/trick (this is covered by the static).

On another note, why doesn't the camera pan around and follow the UFO?

I've seen UFO's and I believe in them (manmade or whatever), however I think this is someone with too much time on their hands

My 2c worth

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
interesting video but the 1st thing that came to mind after watching it was that it reminded me of the movie 'war of the worlds'. I have nothing concrete to base my skepticism on just that the craft appears to be computer generated.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Since the overal video is pretty low res, I could imagine rendering it wouldn't take long, it just feels like any new movie I.E. Van Helsing which was obviously CGI, this feels the same...I admit I could be wrong, but this just looks too good to be true...

and wouldn't this have made a huge story in the media?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My first impression when I saw the UFO above the hill gliding, was that it was a real sighting.
There was a geniuneness to the way it moved.
I can't explain it but it struck me as real immediately.

Then as it approached the cameraman, I was taken aback.
It really was close up, and "too good to be true" and it made me think "hoax".

Then I thought about how they would create this hoax.
The voice in the cameraman, didn't say anything as it approached.
And I thought this kind of odd, as I would think if they were making a hoax, then here is the part where they would say something like "Here it comes, oh my god" but they were silent, like in shock.

One other thing I noted: The sound went to static, but the video stayed clear. Would this be true in an EM field?

I think the only way to test if this is fake or not is:

1- get the original video full size to inspect.

2 - create an EM (electromagnetic) field around a camcorder and see if the same static is produced.

3 - More importantly: See if the picture stays unaffected on the camcorder as the EM field affects the static sound.

Anyone know where to get the original video?
Or have access to an EM field and camcorder?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
EDIT -Doublepost-

[edit on 8-12-2004 by kdx175]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join