It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpiritVox "Ghost Box" App?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hi guys, I decided to buy the $5.99 SV-1 SpiritVox "Ghost Box" EVP - Android Apps and I've used it once and I heard faint noises of what definitely sounded like people talking, although I could not understand them..

I'm just wondering if any of you have experience/knowledge of this app and if it's legitimate, it seems like the ghost box's sound feed is repetitive.. Is it on a radio frequency or is it prerecorded? Is It legit?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

i wouldn't be surprised one bit if this was all fake like you seem to be suggesting?
look at all these ghost-preppers, doomsday hunters & paranormal activity part 27 shows these days..
the whole tinfoil scene is just another market & there are too many ho's on cointel pro radio shows
we used to do all this with an old analogue radio & cassette tape in the 80's
before that tom edison was thinking about building some ghost-telephone, he was another consumate huckster but this isn't the rant forum..
/takes series of deep breathes
..the app wasn't bundled with clash of clans, was it?

oh, & buy a berkey water filter

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I would bet it is a load of BS....but then again I'm not a believer in ghosts so...I am probably not the best source...

On second thought it is totally bogus even the description says it...judging by the reviews it is a loop of some sort.."This Ghost hunting / Paranormal investigation app uses your devices internal audio playback algorithms to generate 2 sets of random carrier sounds that changes every 8th of a second. The 2 channels of random sounds can be blended as you wish. Channel A is the original SV-1 sound and channel B is the NEW audio engine sound. Created with hundreds of random sounds from static to speech."
edit on 4-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76

i wouldn't be surprised one bit if this was all fake like you seem to be suggesting?
look at all these ghost-preppers, doomsday hunters & paranormal activity part 27 shows these days..
the whole tinfoil scene is just another market & there are too many ho's on cointel pro radio shows
we used to do all this with an old analogue radio & cassette tape in the 80's
before that tom edison was thinking about building some ghost-telephone, he was another consumate huckster but this isn't the rant forum..
/takes series of deep breathes
..the app wasn't bundled with clash of clans, was it?

oh, & buy a berkey water filter

Not sure what you mean.. I was of course iffy and didn't think that it was a 100% sure legitimate thing, I just wanted to try it out because I have seen shows and people who use 'ghost boxes' and it seems like they pick up random or intelligent voices.

Berkey water filter? Clash of clans, are you sir trying to be a smart ass?
it was only 5.99 and I figured that it was worth a try for the fun of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think this is what you might want:
www.instructables.com...

Sorry, but I don't know any app that can virtualise the functionality.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It scans all radio frequencies but ur picking up cellphone signals and walkie talkoes but thats the only contamination a reply to: TheIceQueen

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I am very skeptical about such tools; but, nevertheless, curious. Instead of asking others if it's legit or not, perhaps you should conduct experiments of your own?

I'm not sure if the app has recording capabilities, but if it doesn't I would record your sessions and review it in a powerful, and detailed audio program.

Then, you can post your results here!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Why not just mess with Ghost Box E1 and T1 first? Those are free. Most apps you pay for you are paying to get rid of ads you can block by other means (i use noroot firewall to block access to internet on apps that dont need internet to work. The net connection is for generating most ads). The closest i got to actual things sounding like words was the T1 version with tts set to four or five question marks. I dont think these ghost box apps work properly like a real ghost box since no radio frequencies are used. Ghost boxes are questionable tools even by paranormal invvestigators. They dont all trust them to be legit.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't know of any ghost hunter who's tested it so I don't know if it's legit or not. I just use the SB-7.

top topics

join