It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do High Crime/Poverty Areas Vote Democrat?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Lets just pick two cities are about 99% Democrat... Chicago and Detroit. Two poster child's for the democratic party...what happened?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Be fair.

The Ten Most Dangerous U.S. Cities - Forbes

Detroit - Michael Edward Duggan(D)
St. Louis - Francis G. Slay(D)
Oakland - Jean Quan(D)
Memphis - A C Wharton, Jr.(D)
Birmingham - William A. Bell, Sr.(D)
Atlanta - Muhammad Kasim Reed(D)
Baltimore - Stephanie Rawlings-Blake(D)
Stockton - Anthony Silva(R) Don't ask me how that happened in Kali
Cleveland - Frank G. Jackson(D)
Buffalo - Byron Brown(D)
edit on 582014 by Snarl because: Formatting

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: th3dudeabides
a reply to: xuenchen

Simply put, poor people don't identify with stingy, rich ass holes.

If they are dumb enough to believe that democrats are not as rich as republicans, then they are to dumb to vote!

I notice you didn't question or comment on the assessment of the GOP as "ass holes"......

Well no I didn't. I didn't think that a low class comment deserved a low class reply.
I also noticed that you didn't dispute that the dems are as rich as the GOP.
When the poor realize that liberal social programs keep them poor maybe they will wise up and stop voting for the same people. Who am I kidding,,,

Richest Democratic politicians, net worth:
www.celebritynetworth.com...
www.celebritynetworth.com...
www.rollcall.com...

Barack Obama $12 million

Hillary Clinton $21.5 million

Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) $193.07 Million

Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) $81.63 Million

Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) $76.30 Million

Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) $65.91 Million
Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) $55.07 Million
Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) $52.93* Million

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) $45.39 Million

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) $35.20 Million

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) $17.00 Million

Rep. Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.) $15.46 MillionRep.
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) $10.28 Million
Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) $10.14 Million
Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-Nev.) $9.29 Million
Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.) $9.23 Million
Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas) $8.53 Million
Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.) $7.41 Million
Sen. Kay Hagan (D-N.C.) $7.06 Million

I don't see any of these people putting their money where their mouth is.

If they did, they'd live on less than $100K a year
and give the rest to the government to distribute to the poor and needy.

Yes there are rich Republicans however they aren't hypocritical like
these people listed above who live like Kings and Queens

and tell all the "insignificant people" (quote Nancy Pelosi) what to eat, drink, how to live,

and think that people who earn far far less than they do that they

must give their money to the government to make things equal for everyone (except them).

What these rich Democrats want is to live the life of royalty with obedient subservient serfs fawning over them and
thinking that they know best what the
serfs (people making less than the national average and people on welfare)
need and want.

That is the class they have created with the welfare programs.

I call these Democrats the political elite class,
because they have absolutely no intention of living the life they demand everyone else live.

edit on 5-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: highlight

edit on 5-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: samw

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That's easy, it's because republicans take care of the upper 1%. If you are not in the upper 1% and you are a republican you are outside the standard deviation of intelligence.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

"Help"....you mean welfare.

So, who's responsibility is it for these poor people to receive "help" from?

I do like seeing that expecting everyone to take care of themselves, and not steal from me to give to others equates to "Not giving a rats ass".

When did me not wanting to have more of my income stolen equate to not caring???

Ohh, when Progressives deemed it as such. Forgot.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
You will "share" what you worked for otherwise you're a selfish, racist bigot.
Am I right?

Well, let's say your uncle ''shared'' his wealth to help you in life.
Now once you made it, your nephew asks for help to start his life.

Saying no would make you quite selfish indeed!

People get help from the government all the time, so it's only normal to help back when you can finally chip in.
That or you could lie to yourselves, saying you've never had help from anyone and then become a conservative.

Delusional thinking at best.

Although, I don't know why you've included ''racist bigot'' in your post.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
I do like seeing that expecting everyone to take care of themselves, and not steal from me to give to others equates to "Not giving a rats ass".

But no one really takes care of themselves! The road to your happiness has been paved by people before you because that's just how society works. The only people that take care of themselves in first world countries are hermits living in caves and wilderness.

Did you feel like you stole someone in the hospital where you we're born?

So you feel ripped off when the police captures criminals?

Did you feel like stealing from your family when they took care of you, fed you and clothed you?

Where's your personal responsibility in all of this?

A society lending a hand to those in need and those that can help others do is exactly what humanity should be aiming at if we want to evolve past animals.

Some have no help, no family and the people around them don't have any resources.
You expect people to make something out of nothing, it's totally illogical.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
But no one really takes care of themselves! The road to your happiness has been paved by people before you because that's just how society works. The only people that take care of themselves in first world countries are hermits living in caves and wilderness.

So, I guess I didn't build it huh.....
MY road to happiness is of my OWN doing.
Your Progressive twisting of what others do in society is a far stretch.
Just because someone before me did something that benefits me means that I didn't have to do it myself.
And your statement still does not in any way justify stealing from me to give to others.

Did you feel like you stole someone in the hospital where you we're born?

You are going to need to explain this.

So you feel ripped off when the police captures criminals?

Yes......because MY money is spent dealing with the actions of someone that feels it necessary to commit crimes.

Did you feel like stealing from your family when they took care of you, fed you and clothed you?

And what in the hell does a family have to do with other US citizens?
Wait......you equate the US populace to a family?

Are you kidding me.

Where's your personal responsibility in all of this?

I am responsibility for myself and my family. NOT for everyone else.

A society lending a hand to those in need and those that can help others do is exactly what humanity should be aiming at if we want to evolve past animals.

Lending a hand means helping. NOT stealing from my to give to others via Govt.

Some have no help, no family and the people around them don't have any resources.
You expect people to make something out of nothing, it's totally illogical.

Yes I do. Millions of other people do it.

What you offer is excuses for others.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: macman
Well you know my friend, I hope you don't live in California and Maybe, theMediator does.
If he does he should be feeling really good about this proposed bill right about now, because the tax payers in California just do not give enough.

Diaper duty for Calif. taxpayers? Bill would create new welfare program

California is weighing a first-of-its-kind welfare program that would subsidize diapers for needy families, though some lawmakers say the plan's a stinker.

Assembly Bill 1516, written by Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez, a Democrat from San Diego, would create the taxpayer-backed program within the state's existing welfare network, called CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids). Families that qualify for CalWORKS could be eligible for $80 a month to buy diapers for children under the age of 2.

“When you have an identifiable problem preventing women from self-sufficiency and there is an identifiable barrier, shouldn’t we help that along when we can?” Gonzalez told FoxNews.com.

Gonzalez, a single mother herself, said she first learned that residents can’t buy diapers with food stamps from an Eminem song off the soundtrack to the 2002 movie "8 Mile." Under those programs, diapers -- along with cigarettes, alcohol and pet food -- are prohibited purchases.

But a family's diaper budget can easily run as high as $100 a month, depending on the size and quantity.

Diaper Duty
That's right, just how many little Diaper wearing babies could be in one house hold?
Just asking, there Mr & Mrs. California Tax Payer,,, you voted for these people.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
As to the question in the title of the thread, they vote Democratic so they guarantee their entitlements.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

this is a dumb question...

it's because "democrats" promise to be tough on crime, strengthen gun control, and hand out free stuff....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

i believe what he was trying to illustrate, and what you always fail to grasp is that MORE laws aren't going to do anything either, because, and i know this will come as a shock, but.....criminals don't obey laws...

strange how that works, yes?

if you want to discuss this particular topic, there are plenty of threads about it right now...feel free to chime in...

until then, let us be on-topic..

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The organized crime syndicate that runs the United States, of which the Democratic party is a faction, does everything possible to support and increase street crimes. For example, welfare programs that encourage teenage girls to breed with whatever male breeder that is handy, and raising the results of this haphazard breeding in an anti-social home. Another example is the encouragement of illegal immigration into the United States, knowing well that a person who enters illegally will continue illegal activities. These two groups and similar groups congregate in urban areas to be with others like themselves and also because there are more services, such as medical care in urban areas. These groups of people know the Democratic party will continue to support their lifestyles, and in turn they support the Democratic party.
Another possible reason the Democratic party remains in control of cities for decades, is simply, they rig the elections, meaning those cities do not have elections but only a "show election".

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua“When you have an identifiable problem preventing women from self-sufficiency and there is an identifiable barrier, shouldn’t we help that along when we can?” Gonzalez told FoxNews.com.

The identifiable problem I can see is people having kids they can't afford and expecting others to pick up the tab.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join