It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do High Crime/Poverty Areas Vote Democrat?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71
I didn't see any particular part of it as being more or less crass or "low class" than any other - and your comment fitted will in that framework.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

All in Democrat voting areas !!

Very localized.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It actually makes sense that the red states would have more gun crime, since it is the right that fight any reasonable gun laws.

The less laws there are for guns, the easier it is for criminals to access guns.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
It actually makes sense that the red states would have more gun crime, since it is the right that fight any reasonable gun laws.

The less laws there are for guns, the easier it is for criminals to access guns.

But what about high gun crime areas in Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, New York City etc. etc. ??

How can the high volume Democrat voting in those places' high crime/poverty areas be explained away ?

Not so "Red" there is it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I didn't know this thread was about our Second Amendment Rights and your Hate For Those Rights.
But Yea,,,, To each Their Own. You go ahead and try and derail this thread and I'll give you my Opinion of you and your Hatefulness for any State That Allows Honest Citizens To Arm themselves.

@ xuenchen, Sorry, I didn't mean to go along and derail your thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
This is a chicken or the egg argument.
Are they poor because they vote democrat or are they voting democrat because they are poor?

But the "cracked" egg is the real question.

As crime and poverty continue to increase, why keep voting Democrat ?

Because voting Republican basically isn't an option.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Ahh guohua and his pictures..
As for the "special kind of stupid" thing, the less laws there...the easier it is for criminals to access guns..you do see that right..

But back to the thread.

xuechen..where are your stats to back any of this up.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Here's just a few cities.

Collectively of course.

Crime rates in liberal cities shockingly higher than in conservative cities

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

xuechen..where are your stats to back any of this up.

First Off, I'm mrs. g.
Secondly, I'm right and you know it.
Thirdly, you don't read the links provided do you?
FBI Crime

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

From a psychological perspective it is because in high poverty areas there are statistically very few intact families.
They are lacking fathers.

The Democratic party sells itself as the party that takes care of the poor.

They are parental in their approach, from telling people what to eat, what to drink; promoting the "daddy state" which pays Momma's bills and feeds the family through welfare and food stamps.

a reply to: grandmakdw
Yes, that's a Fact and I was taught this in school in China about the Great Society, which we were taught created an entire race of peoples solely dependent on the Government.
I just could not believe this later in my years but then I seen it to be true.

This is a Great question asked in this picture and I think only the ones that take charge of their own lives have asked themselves this question.

Or I suppose!

What other choice do you have than a life of violence and crime, if every thing is giving to you and you have the Entitlement Attitude and you have not enough,,, I guess your going to Take what you thing you deserve to have from some one that HAS!
At least, I was taught this and I've seen this in America, who can deny this happens?

edit on 5-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why do low crime/affluent areas vote Democrat?

Here are the results form my city:

Here are the crime statistics:

Here's the median household earning:

Weird. Looks like it's more than just people living in bad areas that vote Democrat.

Of course people in high crime areas suffering poverty are more apt to vote Democrat. It's in their best interest (or at least they see it that way). It's not so black and white. People who don't own homes don't care about property taxes, people who see gun violence are going to be anti gun, people having a hard time paying the bills will want assistance.

I don't really get the point of this. It seems rather obvious. I don't think you would see much of a difference if all these areas were suddenly turned Republican. There would still be violence, low education numbers and crappy jobs.
edit on 0520140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

But why have the Democrats failed for decades to solve the crime/poverty problems ?

There must be a reason other than simply blaming the "other" Party for "lack of" funding ?

How much more money would it take to end this dilemma ?

Better yet, how much more money spent let's say, 40 years ago, would it have taken to solve the problems ?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Right about what, you never stated anything. If your talking about..criminals don;t follow laws..then yes..but if the laws are lax or weak..then it makes it easier for them to access guns, which happen to be red states.

By the way here is an update version of your chart.

Arrests by State, 2012

This next chart show that where the red states usually are..crime violent crime follows.
Offense data by region

Yes California(blue state) POP: around 37 mill appears to have more violent crime..but it only appears to..when compared to Arizona (red state). POP: around 6 mill.violent crime appears the same, if not more in the red states per 100,000.

This is the chart to look at.
Crime in the United States by State, 2012

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Ever try make a point without pictures..

Show and tell is over..come with stats not little pictures that amuse you..

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't know, it's not like red areas are particularly adept at solving problems either. I haven't heard of an area that went from being impoverished and violent to prosperous and safe after a party switch though it probably has happened and I certainly don't even know where to start looking.

There is something to be said for gentrification, but that just sweeps the problems to a new area. Like giving homeless people bus tickets to another city.

I think it will take a lot of money to end this dilemma. Probably an amount that isn't palatable for most people, which is why I think that while the situation is improving, it's going to be fairly stagnant for a long time to come.

No clue what would have happened had money been allocated to combat this problem 40 years ago.

Really the only way I see big change happening is for there to be more education. Education about family planning as well. Teach kids not to have kids unless they can actually afford them. A resurgence of good paying jobs that don't require a college education. Factory work etc. Manufacturing. Offer scholarships to technical schools. Teach financial planning from a young age. Start trying to change the attitudes in these areas.

I'm not a huge fan of the Democratic party, but I do see why it's attractive to people living in these areas.

I think most of us want the same things out of life. We want to be comfortable, able to afford healthcare, have families, feel safe, have a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day, etc. We just haven't figured out how to go about making that an equal thing for everyone. I don't really agree with any political platform. None have worked all that well. I just don't think it's fair to blame everything on the Democrats, though I do think it's important that the party is shamed just as much as the Republicans have been. They're both awful. So are the alternatives.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

As I said before, more links available online.

Yes there are and they don't Jive with your links are all, except that the counties and cities are Blue in color when they Vote!
Here is another article,,,

67% of firearm murders took place in the country’s 50 largest metro areas. The 62 cities in those metro areas have a firearm murder rate of 9.7, more than twice the national average. Among teenagers the firearm murder rate is 14.6 or almost three times the national average.

Those are the places with the most restrictive gun control laws and the highest crime rates. And many of them have been run by Democrats and their political machines for almost as long as they have been broken.

Obama won every major city in the election, except for Jacksonville and Salt Lake City. And the higher the death rate, the bigger his victory.

He won New Orleans by 80 to 17 where the murder rate is ten times higher than the national average. He won Detroit, where the murder rate of 53 per 100,000 people is the second highest in the country and twice as high as any country in the world, including the Congo and South Africa. He won it 73 to 26. And then he celebrated his victory in Chicago where the murder rate is three times the statewide average.

In 2006, the 54% of the population living in those 50 metro areas was responsible for 67% of armed killings nationwide. Those are disproportionate numbers especially when you consider that for the people living in most of those cities walking into a store and legally buying a gun is all but impossible.

So,,, How are those Gun Laws Working For you? Making it Harder For The Criminals To Get A Gun YET?

In 2010, there were 11,078 firearm homicides in the United States and over 2,000 known gang-related killings, over 90% of which are carried out with firearms. Since 1981, Los Angeles alone has had 16,000 gang related homicides. That’s more than twice the number of Americans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Link

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Ever try make a point without pictures..

Show and tell is over..come with stats not little pictures that amuse you..

So, is this suppose to be my reprimand from a Progressive Liberal, being told what I Can and Can Not Do?
Pictures often tell the Truth, does this bother you? I imagine it does.
With respect there mr. or mrs. Onslaught2996, but you don't exactly run me or this site.

edit on 5-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think it is bigger than just poor people. When we look at the big cities that is were we find the vast majority of Democrats, but we need to look at the demographics there.

1. That is where unions are most concentrated, and they will vote democrat mainly because the leaders of unions use the democrats as their tools for survival.

2. Poor people are densely populated there and they still feel that one day the democrats are going to help them, hasn't happen so far, but hey if they get more subsistence from democrats all is good...No brainer...

3. Most Government workers are in big cities, democrats mean big Government growth... Kind of a no brainer too

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Funny how all of Washington state is Republican out side of the Seattle area. I live near Vancouver...great schools, state taxes are...none, property taxes are less than 1%...go across the river to Portland...my tax bracket would be 11 or 13% flat, schools are over crowded, less cops, fireman social services per capita. I moved across the river and have not regretted it for 6 years counting... hehe

<< 1  2    4 >>

join