It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola-like symptoms in a New York Patient

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just found this and wanted to share

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
not sure when the test results are coming back, but hopefully its nothing.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy

update:

“After consultation with CDC and Mount Sinai, the Health Department has concluded that the patient is unlikely to have Ebola. Specimens are being tested for common causes of illness and to definitively exclude Ebola,” it said in a statement.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
From the hospital statement:

source: news.yahoo.com...

"In the early morning hours of Monday, August 4, 2014, a male patient with high fever and gastrointestinal symptoms presented at The Mount Sinai Hospital's Emergency Department in New York City," a hospital statement said.

A high fever and gastrointestinal symptoms aren't very specific.

He had recently traveled to a West African country, so that is why they are doing this:

"The patient has been placed in strict isolation and is undergoing medical screenings to determine the cause of his symptoms. All necessary steps are being taken to ensure the safety of all patients, visitors and staff," the hospital added.

I think this shows incredible caution and careful measures for something that is (in all hopes and likelihood) not ebola. Could be a simple flu. Could be food poisoning.

Will be following the story... thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The reaction the CDC and Gov't is having in all this that the public can see is very telling if you ask me. It tells me someone somewhere is very worried about this. Not that they shouldn't be and I'm not saying there's a grand conspiracy or anything like that. Just making the observation that we usually don't see much of a reaction from agencies. For everything we see as civilians I'm sure its safe to assume there's a whole lot more that their doing we never see or hear of. Sorry, just find reactions like this interesting lol On the other hand if this was really bad we wouldn't even see a press release lol just thinking outloud lol ignore me lol

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There's probably a lot of patients we don't hear about
Airports are reporting anyone who looks sick.

Another one in Mount Sinai Hospital as well

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i jst had a fun thought, tomorrow is primary elections isnt it.... lots of close contact with large groups of people all breathing each others large particles that every one coughs on each other for the 2 hours they wait in line.....

man what timing i cant think of another time more people will be in close quarters across the whole nation at once...
edit on 4-8-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
The reaction the CDC and Gov't is having in all this that the public can see is very telling if you ask me. It tells me someone somewhere is very worried about this. Not that they shouldn't be and I'm not saying there's a grand conspiracy or anything like that. Just making the observation that we usually don't see much of a reaction from agencies. For everything we see as civilians I'm sure its safe to assume there's a whole lot more that their doing we never see or hear of. Sorry, just find reactions like this interesting lol On the other hand if this was really bad we wouldn't even see a press release lol just thinking outloud lol ignore me lol

Unless there were an ulterior motive like a huge government or better yet, multi-government contract for the sale and distribution of a vaccine. I wonder how much a company stands to gain if every child in every school was forced to line up and get one in the back side?

Let's say we use the cost of the MMR (measles, mumps...) vaccine "Pro-Quad". It's made by Merk and sales for $157.00. Imagine vaccinating even 2 billion of this population. Do I even need to do the math?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

three hundred and fourteen billion dollars.... definitely three hundred a fourteen billion dollars..

man... im gonna become a vaccine dealer.. freeway ricky ross thought his 3 million dollars a day drug deals were good i bet these big pharmas spend 3 million a day on lunch..

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

three hundred and fourteen billion dollars.... definitely three hundred a fourteen billion dollars..

man... im gonna become a vaccine dealer.. freeway ricky ross thought his 3 million dollars a day drug deals were good i bet these big pharmas spend 3 million a day on lunch..

Just think, there's 6 to 8 billion people in this world so that is plenty of prospects and more suckers, I mean patients born daily.

Problem, action, solution.
edit on 4-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Report: 6 Tested in NYC Tested for Ebola; News Withheld from Public

“There have been about a half-a-dozen patients who have had their blood tested because of the concern. Those particular patients, their stories were not made public. This patient was. I'm not sure if that's because of heightened concern by the hospital or what that means exactly. But, again, we just can't say for sure until the final tests come back and you know, they want to be sure on this. It takes about a day or so.”

edit on 5-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I can't remember the last time I paid for a vaccine of any kind. Just took the kiddo to the clinic for her meningitis vaccine for college and the cost was $0.00.

Yearly flu shot free through work.

My guess if places like the local pharmacy wanted to charge for such a vaccine, probably $25.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Primaries are usually held at different times in different states and since this is not a presidential primary turn out is likely to be pretty low. History bares this out. a reply to: mindseye1609

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'll ask this question again. Why would a vaccine be offered anywhere other than where this disease is known to originate? It's not like the chicken pox you know. It's a west African disease . Outbreaks usually begin when someone eats tainted meat from an ape. r reply to: Rosinitiate

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Withheld from the public by being here on ATS? Or on CNN? The six were probably hospital workers who came in contact with this man when he,enteted the hospital. Also this article said that the patient is not isolated when the New York Times article clearly said he was.
o reply to: loam

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

o right on, i have some family thats been woking 16 hour days for the election this last week or so i just assumed it was the same date across the nation.

any specific reason its held at different times across the nation? i guess every state has their own issues to contend with and the federal gov doesn't really need to be involved in local city and state elections BUT i just assumed the date would be the same..

new topics

top topics

join