It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last read post on a thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
For example, if I check a thread until its 6th - and, at that moment, last - page. Then, next day, there are other three pages to it, but I don't remember where I stopped. Is it possible for me to click on a button that will automatically take me to the last post I've read on that particular thread?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

I would love this feature!!
I am sick of doing quick links on my taskbar to particular pages!!

On another website I use, the page numbers I've read are a different colour to the ones I haven't yet, ie green=unread, then when I click on that page, it turns white. Must use cookies or something to track you. But it is useful.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have been wondering the same thing. Hope we get an answer that there is a way.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good question. If I get into reading a super long thread, normally I will favorite the page I'm up to into my browser.

I would not know of any other way but having an ATS feature that would save it would indeed be great !

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I asked for a bookmark feature last go-round, but they never got around to it. Even showed them some examples.

Maybe with the next upgrade
And usually before an upgrade, they do ask for suggestions. One on this page is even mine haha.

These old threads are around here somewhere...I just can't remember where I put them....
edit on 8/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah...I agree with the OP and other posters.
I normally make a note of the last post and page but there has to be a better way.

Great idea !

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Can't you just check your messages? You'll see the last reply you recieved. If not just click on your last post on the topic.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
Can't you just check your messages? You'll see the last reply you recieved. If not just click on your last post on the topic.

But what if I'm just following/reading a thread, instead of also participating? There are threads with over 60 pages, I try to remember which page was the last one I read, but my memory isn't the best.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
For example, if I check a thread until its 6th - and, at that moment, last - page. Then, next day, there are other three pages to it, but I don't remember where I stopped. Is it possible for me to click on a button that will automatically take me to the last post I've read on that particular thread?

Yes go to your profile (the green icon in the top right that looks like a speedometer)
Then click the button that says 'posts'
The Icon looks like a comic-book quotation
There you will see a list of threads you have posted in, most recent at the top.
When you click on one, it will take you directly to where in the thread you made your
post and you can go forward from there.

I had the same problem.

Until a couple weeks ago, there was that 'posts' icon at the top
of every page that would take you directly to your posts
but now you have to go to your profile page.

Rebel 5

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

If you read 60 pages but don't reply......

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
If you read 60 pages but don't reply......

Well, I want to stay updated on the Ebola discussion, but I'm not an expert on the subject and I don't have anything to say about it. Is it bad that I just want to follow the news and what people are talking about it without adding what it would definitely be a very ignorant opinion of my own?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I email the url of the last page I read to myself. Haven't found a way on site to do it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Your desire is really simple to fulfill, JUST BOOKMARK your last post.

No, really...

ETA: And for those who don't reply, JUST BOOKMARK the last page you were reading.

Come on folks, this isn't hard to figure out.
edit on 8-4-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Your desire is really simple to fulfill, JUST BOOKMARK your last post.

No, really...

ETA: And for those who don't reply, JUST BOOKMARK the last page you were reading.

Come on folks, this isn't hard to figure out.

Whatcha think my last line meant? I use four browsers and three computers and a phone and a tablet.

I know! I shall invent the Lucidity Bookmark-in-a-Cloud app and make millions! *Copyright Patent Trademark this!

new topics

top topics

join