It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas executes Palestinian anti-war protesters in Gaza

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I just wonder what many Israeli politicians, or even the people, truly want. Do they want Hamas to be no more, or do they want Gaza, or do they not want any Palestinians at all, etc.? So if by some miracle the people rose up and ousted Hamas, what would Israel do? And I too would be distrustful of anything coming out of Israel at this point. They KNOW they are between a rock and a hard place as far as worldwide condemnation is concerned, so instead of cleaning up their act they will simply attempt to justify their actions. But you cannot justify the killing of innocent people, especially not when warned 17 freaking times. And this goes for all countries, although Israel has made a habit of it.

And attempting to make Hamas look bad is not hard at all, but if Israel is focused more on making their actions seem more justified, then we must ask ourselves what their true aims are. Because I am not sure peace is what they want. If I am wrong that's fine, but I'm just not sure at this point. I want to know what people IN Israel think. And I have heard very little from those people, and what I have personally heard has not been good. And the ball is in Israel's court in this situation, considering that the Palestinian people have no control over what Hamas does or does not do. Israel is in control, while the Palestinian people cower in fear. How many Israelis have been killed and how many Palestinians? And how many were actually members of Hamas?

What was the point of Israel getting all this US aid for defending their borders, this defense shield and whatnot, when they are seemingly doing much more than defending themselves? The way I see it is sort of like this: I go and steal a chunk of land from someone by getting my backers to declare the land mine because I lived there at one point, even though I don't own it anymore. My backers have big guns and will establish me on this new land. Now if the person I stole the land from attempts to harass me because of that fact, I turn around and use that aggression as justification for doing whatever I want. That is how I see this conflict in a nutshell. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, and I suppose it is not as simple as that, and the example is not so good either, but I think I made my point. But other countries have been guilty of the same thing, including the US. But I would like to think that our modern times means we have advanced beyond such actions.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I think you have it pretty close to right, IMO.

However you have to consider that Israel and Jews, due to history, think much (probably) like the Russians who have been invaded by pretty much everyone.

Consider the differences between the West Bank, where Palestinians have an easier time of it, and Gaza which is a cesspool. I think that Hamas and their actions have brought a lot of crap down on Gaza that needn't have been.

I do not consider Israel to be blameless or innocent by any means. I also do not believe the palestinians are blameless or innocent either.

I DO think that the US, being major contributors of aid to both, should be virtually dictating peace and cooperation. But then the US totally sucks at negotiating. They could tell both sides "any crap from you and all aid will be cut off"...when you consider the extent of that aid to both sides, you better believe they would sit up and listen.

It's all in the presentation for one: US negotiations should always start off like this: "This is how it's going to be..."

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
It's all in the presentation for one: US negotiations should always start off like this: "This is how it's going to be..."

THAT is something I could get behind. They hold the purse strings to start with. Won't work though. Did you see the thread this week about Bibi saying to not second guess him again?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Darn it OP, I'm not the only one waiting bro.

Anything to say or are you abandoning your thread?

Cheers to Involutionist for their awesome post.

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Yeah....let's get back on topic. What say you OP? Has this been verified as truth or propaganda? Since you took the time and energy to submit this thread; can you please provide more sources so this does not end up in the hoax bin?

Tragic, but not surprising...

www.breitbart.com...

Israel's Channel 10 has reported that dozens of Palestinians emerged from the devastated Gaza neighborhood of Shajaiya to protest against the war, and that Hamas rounded twenty of them up and shot them in the street.

The report, delivered during a panel discussion, was based in turn on reports by Palestinian sources, translated by Channel 10's analyst. The demonstrators reportedly blamed Hamas for the destruction of the neighborhood, and Hamas's response was to kill them all immediately. Asked how the demonstration could have come about in the first place, the analyst speculated that there could be other pockets of resistance that would emerge.

Hamas has to be removed from the equation in order for peace talks to be a viable alternative, and so that the people of Gaza can have hope for a future.

Wag the dog....no more in this thread, OP. Is there any proof to your thread?

Please don't avoid the question...

I'm going to follow you on every thread until I get an answer LMAO
edit on 8/5/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You will take their word for it. The Palestinians have denied it?

There is a UN report that missiles were found in a UN school. They reported turning the missiles over to the authorities...which means they gave them back to Hamas lol. .

I don't understand what is so funny. Like it or not Hamas is still the elected authority in Gaza. You want the UN to give an elected defence force's weapons to their enemy???

That makes NO sense.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Like it or not Hamas is still the elected authority in Gaza.

To Malbosia:

Do you respect Hamas' authority because they are the "elected authority?"
edit on 5-8-2014 by Stuyvesant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuyvesant

To Malbosia:

Not to be a dick but do you with your own local elected? I'm not assuming you're from the States. As for mine? Bwahahahahaha.... haven't had a gov't to respect in Canada in decades.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't think you're a dick. And no, I don't. (And I *am* from the States.) Incidentally, I visited your country last weekend and had a great time. I haven't been to Canada in years, and I really enjoyed my brief stay.

But I was asking Malbosia. It sounded to me like he had some level of respect for the legitimacy of Hamas, and I wondered if it was due to their elected status, or for some other reason.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

To Malbosia:

Yes and no. I respect due process or there would be anarchy. Do I respect my elected governments support for Israel? Not even a little. I expect my government to stick to the mandates they were elected on. My government received no mandate of letting Palestinians die at the hands of Israel. They were paid off by Israel after the elections.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

To Malbosia:

Yes and no. I respect due process or there would be anarchy. Do I respect my elected governments support for Israel? Not even a little. I expect my government to stick to the mandates they were elected on. My government received no mandate of letting Palestinians die at the hands of Israel. They were paid off by Israel after the elections.

Thank you for your forthright reply.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
To those asking for more sources, there are many different links to this story available online if researched, but they all quote the original source, which is Israeli channel 10 citing an initial report to the Palestinian press that was translated.

I'll leave it to the individual to determine if this report is fathomable or not based on all of the variables involved, including Hamas' track record as far as morality is concerned.

(post by Corruption Exposed removed for a manners violation)
(post by Humanity4Ever removed for a manners violation)
(post by Corruption Exposed removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
LMAO! I love how you ignore the fact that Hamas was shooting rockets from every UN building and hospital hit.

www.youtube.com... Just one example!

The truth!!! www.youtube.com...

Hamas and their brothers always start fights they can not win, then when Israel shoots back after countless warnings they hide behind kids.

Those are the FACTS, whether you are smart enough to see them, that is another story because most here hate on Israel for no good reason other than to be cool like the next guy who has no life.
edit on 5-8-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

But giving missiles to a terrorist organization who hid them in a school makes sense, right?

Therein lie the humor

Hence, I laugh. I also find it funny that you cannot see the humor

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

That will be enough of the back and forth going on. If it continues from this point forward Post Bans will be handed out with no warning.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

He did provide a source. There are many links sourcing the report. Whether you accept that or not is your business.

Sad day on ATS eh? I see people citing sources that are much more questionable than those presented in this thread. The links I have followed and googled all check back to 2. One Israeli, and one Palestinian (I think) but I cannot verify the palestinian one since it is all in ... palestinian and I cannot read it. I also am not absolutely sure that the Palestine News is actually palestinian. At least these are news organizations...as to whether they are presenting false propaganda is another question. These sources are far superior than some link to www.bobsconspiracynetwork.com. Which is the kind of "sources" commonly presented as facts here on ATS. So cut out the "sad day on ATS" bs. Disingenuous at the least.

edit on 5-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

(post by Corruption Exposed removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join