It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas executes Palestinian anti-war protesters in Gaza

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
a reply to: beezzer

According to the Israeli news channel, which translated the original report from a Palestinian news channel, Hamas shot a group of Palestinians protesting Hamas' role in the escalation of the conflict.

This really should come as no surprise. Thousands of protesters have been shot dead in the streets many times in recent history by radical Islamic groups and regimes all over the middle east.

I could believe the story only because war, any war, carries it's own fair share of horrors.

A fair assessment. Do you also believe what Hamas points out?

Not always. To be honest.

Look, there are two sides to this war. Some have chosen to support Hamas. Some have chosen to support Israel. I get that.

I hope it ends and that there is peace because war is ugly and damned stupid.

But I guess I'd be called a "Zionist" because I think Israel has a right to exist.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

But I guess I'd be called a "Zionist" because I think Israel has a right to exist.

Do you believe that Palestine has a right to exist?

edit on 8/4/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: MALBOSIA

There was the report from the UN about missiles being stored in one of their schools. They turned the missiles over to the authorities (Hamas... lol )

I think Israel has bombed one or two more schools since then with no proof of any missiles in them, what's your point?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

Sure. But not at the expense of Israel.
edit on 4-8-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Okay what is the cost to Israel in regards of Palestine's existence?

It appears that Gaza is need of billions of dollars to repair the damage Israel has caused. Has Palestine caused as much harm to deserve this "expense" of which you speak of?

It seems that you are implying that Israeli lives are worth more than Palestinian lives.

I'm not trying to be rude but that is my observation.

edit on 8/4/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: expense

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

What if Israel doesn't see it the same way?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
World Tribune Source

Palestinian sources said Hamas has been killing Palestinians suspected of sparking protests amid the war with Israel. They said more than 50 people have been killed, most of them accused of spying for Israel.

Everybody is terrified to talk about this because they still control the streets,” a source said

The sources said Hamas troops have also opened fire on those who demanded food rations. On July 28, two people were killed and more than 20 injured when Hamas gunmen battled those waiting on line for food in the northern town of Beit Hanoun.

On July 26, at least five protesters were shot dead by Hamas gunmen in Gaza City. The sources said some 40 people gathered outside Shifa Hospital to demand medical services.

The sources said Hamas was concerned that the rival Fatah movement as well as neighboring Egypt were fomenting unrest amid the war with Israel. They said Hamas has retained its 20,000-member security force to prevent a coup

They fear a coup, could it be Fatah, Egypt, or even Islamic State who is suspected of doing the initial kidnappings?
They got enemies around every corner besides Israel, their troops are mainly for population suppression which they do more of when not hiding from Israelis.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It appears that Gaza is need of billions of dollars to repair the damage Israel has caused. Has Palestine caused as much harm to deserve this "expense" of which you speak of?

It seems that you are implying that Israeli lives are worth more than Palestinian lives.

Well, your observation is not only wrong but borderline hostile. I understand though. Your "side" is getting beaten and beaten badly.

I'm not an expert in foreign affairs. I don't draw maps and I am no diplomat. I'm kinda simple and stupid that way.

I don't know all the answers.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Unfortunately lives have no price (whether Israeli or Palestinian and I know you agree with that - not trying to be sarcastic at all). But just talking about the money cost of things, Israel should pay for everything it destroyed... on the one stipulation that Hamas doesn't just inject that money into trying to kill people like it did all the previous billions it received.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

What if Israel doesn't see it the same way?

Dunno. Again.

Hell, I never claimed to have all the answers.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad
Gee.. I dunno.

Maybe you should read the post I replied to. It becomes just a tad bit clearer if one does that.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

a reply to: sosobad
Gee.. I dunno.

Maybe you should read the post I replied to. It becomes just a tad bit clearer if one does that.

Talk about anything except Hamas killing Palestinians, the only trend of this thread.

(post by TritonTaranis removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
Tragic, but not surprising...

www.breitbart.com...

Israel's Channel 10 has reported that dozens of Palestinians emerged from the devastated Gaza neighborhood of Shajaiya to protest against the war, and that Hamas rounded twenty of them up and shot them in the street.

The report, delivered during a panel discussion, was based in turn on reports by Palestinian sources, translated by Channel 10's analyst. The demonstrators reportedly blamed Hamas for the destruction of the neighborhood, and Hamas's response was to kill them all immediately. Asked how the demonstration could have come about in the first place, the analyst speculated that there could be other pockets of resistance that would emerge.

Hamas has to be removed from the equation in order for peace talks to be a viable alternative, and so that the people of Gaza can have hope for a future.

Several years ago during one of the Israeli incursions in the occupied territories, I saw a TV interview with a Christian Arab from Jerusalem. Palestinian Christians were engaged with Muslims in a peaceful anti war march, to protest the bombing of civilians. This man had been arrested along with others by Israeli police and beaten in jail. He was told that further involvement with anti war demonstrations would endanger his family.

This is not isolated on either side of the conflict, because people who want conflict and violence are fanatics who believe that they have something to gain from it. Hamas wants Israel wiped off of the map. The Zionist plan is and always has been (since 1948) to evict millions of Arabs from their homes so that Jews can take what God promised them.

This is one of several underlying cultural elements which exacerbate peace initiatives. It began in 1948 when at the time that Israel became a state, Israeli Zionists who had been fighting against British rule, turned their weapons on a quiet Arab village called Deir Yassin. About 150 civilians were pulled from their beds and shot in front of their families. Girls were raped and then executed with shots to the head. Homes were burned.

As more terrorist attacks by Zionist insurgents occurred around Jerusalem and Haifa, over a hundred thousand Arabs fled their homes. While they lived in tents provided by the UN, Israeli government simply annexed the property and titled their homes and farms to Jewish settlers. This led to the formation of the PLO in the early 50s, to reclaim the property that Arabs left during the exodus.

For almost 70 years, Arabs have been evicted, deported and exiled to the hither lands and economically isolated. One shouldn't surprised at the anger they harbor when they say Israel should be wiped off the map. When a whole population is that hateful and ordinary people engage in armed conflict with an oppressor, there's usually a historical basis for it.
edit on 4-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar, arraingement, and context.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Gee, I dunno, but I would think that Hamas using their own civilians as shields would be pertinent. You know, as in Hamas being responsible for Palestinian deaths?

Or are we solely limited to the specific occasion as described in the OP in which case half or more of the posts will need to be removed.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

There was the report from the UN about missiles being stored in one of their schools. They turned the missiles over to the authorities (Hamas... lol )

As much as it might suck for everyone, Hamas IS the elected authorities in Gaza. That is how far Israel has pushed the Palestinians to the brink. That they would even fathom the idea of a militant group of any kind just shows how bad they needed protection. Everything the Americans worry about - with the government getting a police state and taking away their rights - was actually voted in favour of in Gaza because the alternative was to lose everything.

Of Israel moved here to Canada and started walking around with guns telling people where they are going to live, we likely would have signed our freedoms away to whatever military we had left to fight for us. And if we were cornered to the point our soldiers had to hide themselves and their weapons among us, I would do that for them. I would.
edit on 4-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Haha the same BS rhetoric from the shills and the same line being used by Benny Nutjob Israel.

Hamas may have some twisted views but the last time I looked they were all Palestinians and using the line "but they use their own people" is utter bollox mate.

Israel is simply using that weak line to justify the murder of innocent civilians and then blaming it on Hamas. I am not sympathetic of any side, least of Hamas (which is an entity in Palestine, get that into your head) however I can see why Hamas did not agree to the fragile treaty because Israel was simply demanding all Palestinians continue to live in an open prison.

Remove the sanctions and maybe the world would take Israel seriously however, quite rightly, the world is starting to protest the bloodshed and I hope will take the steps to boycott and sanction Israel to send a clear message.

I have seen nothing but shredded bodies of children all week, bodies that became like that as a result of the Zionist regime using suspect weapons that are designed to maim and kill.

Israel has come out with some whoppers in its time but for the regime to then justify their murder with reasons such as "The Palestinians made us do it" is pathetic.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: old_god
a reply to: bbracken677

Haha the same BS rhetoric from the shills and the same line being used by Benny Nutjob Israel.

Hamas may have some twisted views but the last time I looked they were all Palestinians and using the line "but they use their own people" is utter bollox mate.

Israel is simply using that weak line to justify the murder of innocent civilians and then blaming it on Hamas. I am not sympathetic of any side, least of Hamas (which is an entity in Palestine, get that into your head) however I can see why Hamas did not agree to the fragile treaty because Israel was simply demanding all Palestinians continue to live in an open prison.

Remove the sanctions and maybe the world would take Israel seriously however, quite rightly, the world is starting to protest the bloodshed and I hope will take the steps to boycott and sanction Israel to send a clear message.

I have seen nothing but shredded bodies of children all week, bodies that became like that as a result of the Zionist regime using suspect weapons that are designed to maim and kill.

Israel has come out with some whoppers in its time but for the regime to then justify their murder with reasons such as "The Palestinians made us do it" is pathetic.

And what caused the blockade in the first place? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't a constant stream of people with roses strapped to their large intestine. See, now is where you leapfrog my point in history and bring up something the Israeli's did that was terrible that caused the suicide murders of innocent Israeli children and we go forever until we get back to Cain and Able. Perhaps Israel would take the "world" more seriously if the world was fair and hadn't used its people as punching bags with hair for multiple millennia. See, moral indignation and self-righteousness can be used by wither side.

But anyway, there is only one solution and that is BOTH sides acknowledging the rights of the other.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah. I don't think it's beyond Hamas to kill Palestinians. It's also not beyond the Israeli government to claim such. Maybe I'm off here but... Palestine is gaining world-wide support, people are protesting Israel in dozens and dozens of countries, the UN is stating Israel is committing war crimes and it's also getting out that many Israeli's are protesting against Israels actions. The knowledge that Israel isn't in full solidarity has a big impact, maybe the Israeli government is trying to project that Palestinians are protesting against 'their own'?

Who knows, could be Palestinians are protesting Hamas and maybe Israel is counting on the ignorant to not separate Palestine from Hamas... I think it's too late though for Israel to fool anyone anymore the people that are protesting Israels Palestine policy already do and have no problem screaming it and the people that are supporting Israel hate Muslims too much to see clearly or are perfectly okay with wiping out Palestine. But, overall the Israeli government will never gain the moral high ground on this, they are committing genocide and the whole world knows it. It no longer matters what their media says.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Indirect fire engagements HAVE increased they were fed from VC tunnels from Syria,China ,North Korea, Iran.anyone who will sell. They confirmed munitions in or near schools( SOP for guerilla forces in the east,figured that one out the Viet Nam) THIS is what happens when Cartels start shelling California and say ONLY California can respond. GAZA is not HAMAS they are hostages between assassins and Israel, who chose HAMAS and their gift package with a bloody bow of flesh tied around it. They F##KED up shouldn't of trusted Arafat WHO probably died from HAMAS but that is not really known to me I have been busy watching this nauseating progressive wave show up since Reagan left.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join