It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ALL smokers now!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Not sure why the double post.
edit on 8/6/2014 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: haarvik

and again - Haarvik - why are you of the opinion that our children will not live as long as we do?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

my one son had asthma real bad when he was young so of course he was on this inhaler or that for quite a few years. When I grew up I didn't know one person who was asthmatic. So I would end up having to visit the nurses office on a regular basis to drop off new medications for him. One of those times I got a glimpse of inside medicine cabinet. It was a rather large cabinet and it was just about full.. and the majority of that medication was inhalers.

my mother smoked and so did my father. and my mother was a bar tender so I also spent alot of time in smoke filled bars. many of my friends also had parents that smoked. I don't know of one person that I went to school with that had asthma and very few would I categorize as obese.
We ate food fried in lard. We had dessert made with real sugar just about every night. We drank real milk and put real butter on our mashed potatoes. And ate real eggs and bacon for breakfast!
and guess what! none of us had any problems going outside everyday for just about all day to run and play! to top it off we were running around the downtown area of our city unattended by any parents at five years old!

now our kids are eating modified milk, fake butter, and fake eggs. there's less people smoking. all this on the advice of the "experts". so why on earth is there the nurse's medicine cabinet crammed full of asthma medications??

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Star for the that. I remember and what a good memory it was.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

All you have to do is look at them. I would estimate nearly 75% of kids under the age of 21 have some sort of chronic health issue. Any child born after 1995 will definitely have issues, unless they have been raised on whole food. Here's the bottom line. It really is quite simple.

Anyone who has ever been around cattle knows that to fatten them up you feed them corn. I the late 1970's and early 80's we replaced sugar with HFCS. Now almost every processed food you buy HFCS is either the first or second ingredient. We have been fattened by corn. And just like cattle, our bodies cannot properly digest it so we get diseases just like cows do.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I didn't say any such thing.

Your imagination obviously wants to think it but I didn't say it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Hijacked by idiots that can't read properlyand use fantasy posts as a means of verbal attacks against those that are anti smoking!

For the record, yet again, I already said that taxing people wasn't the answer.

Just as 'another' poster on this thread tried, their imagination wants to think it but I didn't say it.

These attacks are obvious and suspiciously appear when a certain poster appears that has often stalked me on threads for the purpose of being abusive.

I won't be replying to any of your comments, if you want to get your opinions from your imagination, it is your problem.
edit on 6-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Dawnstar

I gotta admit - I remember it the same way.

Another contributing factor - we went out to play every bloody day and didn't come home until the street lights came one. And no one called the cops or turned our children in for not knowing where we were or what we were doing.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

And Haarvik

You must also remember that we were advised by the health community to stop eating real butter and cut down on real sugar by using fake sugar. And to stop smoking of course.

And if we followed their advise, we would all be healthier!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The anti smoking thing has always appeared to me to be mostly a scapegoat. Here in Toronto, you can't smoke within 20 feet of a building. Meanwhile FIVE feet away are cars driving by in the thousands each day. Guess which actually has more carcinogens? Cigarette smoke or car exhaust? Yep, car exhaust. In fact, I'd rather be stuck in a closed garage with a bunch of smokers than one running car. If people were REALLY concerned about their health....

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I once saw a very provocative movie where they used cigarette butts to create a filter to help further homeostasis. Called 'Bio-Dome', ever see it?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

Being an ex-smoker who now vapes and can smell again, it makes me really sad to smell all the pollution in the air. It's horrible. There is no fresh air to breathe, and they think tobacco smoke is some huge issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb
The anti smoking thing has always appeared to me to be mostly a scapegoat. Here in Toronto, you can't smoke within 20 feet of a building. Meanwhile FIVE feet away are cars driving by in the thousands each day. Guess which actually has more carcinogens? Cigarette smoke or car exhaust? Yep, car exhaust. In fact, I'd rather be stuck in a closed garage with a bunch of smokers than one running car. If people were REALLY concerned about their health....

i hear ya!

i live in hong kong. we can't smoke in the bus hubs now but 25 idling busses waiting for loading is ok.

i'm not sure what this thread is about anymore. lol.

when they implemented that BMI thing is when everyone who was not obese became obese.
my wife was pissed! she is not obese.

they (docs) tell me i am fat, (i have a belly) but i tell them i am built just like my grand dad and uncles. no way i will look different unless i had my fathers side genes.
i'm 60 and a chef of 40yrs.
organic is $$$.
as to GMO's, the wife is on the no gmo kick, no plastic and no microwaves.

i tell her, if it hasn't killed you yet, don't worry about it.

i smoke like a fiend going on 47 yrs. i avoid fake sweeteners, just don't like the taste, eat lots of meat, wife doesn't want chix anymore coz of the chemicals, oy! she doesn't smoke or drink booze always gets sick with something about 3 times a year.
me, nothing. just teeth problems that i pay out of pocket anyway.

i figure if i get sick, i am owed a new body, free since i paid already.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

when aspertame first came out my kid's pediatrician warned me about it and described some of the effects she was seeing in some of her patients who's parents were using it. she felt my kids were hyper enough and didn't need anything that made them more so. She mentioned other things see was seeing but this was over 20 years ago so I don't remember what they all were.. I just took her word for it and left the crap alone.
So what did they do?? Oh ya they hid the crap in many of the products I used to buy. As if you can actually hide the crap!! It has an aftertaste that can't be hidden.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Oh yeah, I remember that! The egg. Hmmm, let's see. An egg is packed with every possible nutrient to create life. So how on earth could it possibly be bad for you? I never bought into any of the "recommended" dietary advice. I am of the school of thought that you crave food because your body is deficient in some nutrient that the craved food is loaded with. I try to make everything we eat and keep processed to a minimum. I read labels. more than 5 ingredients? It stays on the shelf. If I can't pronounce an ingredient, it stays on the shelf. And that includes organics. I have seen some organic foods with more ingredients than their processed counterparts!

Someone mentioned a while back about me running 2 miles since I smoke. I can do one better. I run 5k. Just this past weekend I hiked the perimeter of 20 acres, most of which was up the side of a mountain. People have breathing issues when they smoke and sit around. If you are active, it doesn't really affect you. At least that is my experience.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lucanvert

I'm in NZ. Legal to grow here. Can't sell the finished product but can give it away as a gift.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: douglas5
In the U.K you can get FREE help to stop smoking with patches / or tablets and a health Adviser to give support .

And Obese folk can get Gastric bands fitted

so no excuse for being a fatty that smells like a ashtray

Except it's not free. Everyone is taxed through the nose to pay for it. So if you aren't a obese and never smoked a day in your life? Guess what? You still get taxed as if you do.

Sorry for taking so long to respond to you

Good on the Goverment i say nobody goes without in theory anyway ,I do not pay a lot of tax but get back much much more than i pay in

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Lol. Sorry, didn't mean to make it look like I was targeting you. Maybe you just had good posts to respond to.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Really? We need big pharma to live longer? When I go to the doctor I see him looking on Google. I also see all their drug reps getting ahead of me for appointments. I'm done with doctors. Do you think I'm suddenly going to die because I don't take drugs from some fake ass doctor that gets paid to prescribe me antidepressants? Have you noticed these things go in stages. How does a medical doctor all of the sudden have the authority to prescribe antidepressants. No psychiatrist needed any more. You sound depressed. Take these pills. If those don't work, we have some more for you. Don't stop taking them because that might kill you. The # is stupid and it's even stupider that it's accepted.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Without pharmaceuticals I wouldn't be walking - prednisone.

I'm bipolar - three meds help me cope.

I have high cholesterol and BP - two more meds keep me on even keel.

I don't like how much I have to pay, but I'm grateful the meds are available. They help me. A lot.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join