It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you think about "Signs?"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If water is bad for them, why did the alien grab the kid. The human body is mostly made up of water itself. It would have burnt the thing to death.

[Edited on 9-2-2003 by Cammo Dude]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't even think the movie should be named "Signs".
It would make more sense if it was called "Revenge of an Alien".

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
the movie wasnt even about aliens. that was just a side note. basically the aliens where in there so people would come watch the movie. if it would have been about him struggling with his belief in god and thats it it would of been hard for anyone to watch it.

PS: every seen where they showed an alien (4 parts) scared the hell out of me. i used to watch unsolved mysteries as a kid and when they had an alien thing on there i couldnt sleep at nite. i thought they would come through my window and get me!

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
hmmm

I can no longer read hmmm's posts!?

Oh well.

I finally watched the last 40 minutes of Signs after falling asleep three times during the first half on successive nights.

It got no better for me personally, though I hear people rave about it.

The movie is to me more about coincidences and anticipation than about thwarting an alien invasion. It aslo seems to be about a mother looking after her children from beyond the grave.

The poison gas into the asthmatic boy's "closed lungs" was dumb. So was the alien hanging around the lounge room waiting to be clobbered by the baseball bat afterwards, and finding out nothing about anyone else's experiences with the aliens.

Well, it just didn't do it for me...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I thought the movie was okay but my husband freaked out when he first saw the aliens. He had nightmares for days (I mean nights) after watching it.

We borrowed the movie from our neighbors. When the movie was over my husband and daughter made foil hats. They put the hats on to take the movies back to the neighbors. When they opened the door my husband and daughter screamed - "THE ALIENS ARE HERE, RUN AND HIDE!!!!!" The neighbors fell down laughing their a*s off.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I finally watched the last 40 minutes of Signs after falling asleep three times during the first half on successive nights.

It got no better for me personally, though I hear people rave about it.

The movie is to me more about coincidences and anticipation than about thwarting an alien invasion. It aslo seems to be about a mother looking after her children from beyond the grave.

The poison gas into the asthmatic boy's "closed lungs" was dumb. So was the alien hanging around the lounge room waiting to be clobbered by the baseball bat afterwards, and finding out nothing about anyone else's experiences with the aliens.

Well, it just didn't do it for me...

Strange how someone who is hit by a car, split in half, and who dying could warn people about the future. Well, that wouldn't be too far off I guess. You know how the human mind seems to defy things.

...you know, I was really hoping that kid would have died in the movie. He was extremely annoying. But of course this is Hollywood: No one who is a main character dies...

You also just made me think that the alien was quite stupid. For the speed, strength, and super abilities it had, it didn't just jump the guy and gas him to death, or even better, tear his head off.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I liked "Signs".

I think they could have used a better crop circle though.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i thought it wasn't too bad. it had some stupid parts in it though.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Signs sucked badly.

It was a plot to discredit UFO and Alien believers by making a sit-com of the subject.

Mel Gibson is a greedy opportunist with too many mouths to feed. Otherwise he wouldn't take any stupid script that exploits his audiences.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Was expectimg a lot more than it began to deliver...not good at all!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
That movie sucked big time, it would be really easy to make a better story about that subject.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I didn't like the movie much either.... keep your religion out of my sci-fi!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Signs was the lamest movie in quite some time. If you could kill aliens with a glass of water, they would be stacked like cordwood on every corner. I could not believe that the guy locked the alien in his pantry by putting a chair against the door. Doors and walls do not stop aliens. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT. These aliens must be the retarded black sheep of the alien family. It was a much funnier movie than a scary one simply because of the writer and directors ignorance of things alien.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You ever notice that when Aliens come to Earth we are always smarter than them.

They flew all these light years to get here and they are retarded. It pisses me off. Humans always defeat them in some 'ingenious' way.

Its like all the Aliens that show up here just took their Dad's car out for a joyride and ended up here.

I would like to see a movie where the Aliens show up and we try to beat them and they just laugh at us, and then they wipe us all out with their astronomically more advanced techonology and feast on our still warm brains. Yup, human brains, a delicacy across the galaxy, kinda like how we have no remorse about eating cows, cuz they are just stupid dumb creatures. I am sure that movie must have been made, somebody tell me what it is cuz I wanna watch it. Something remotely realistic.

Once there was a Native North American boy, who would stare out across the Atlantic Ocean and ask his father, do you think there is anybody out there and will they ever come here?
"Of course", said his father.
"What will they be like?,asked the boy.
"Well to travel all that way they will be quite advanced. They will come and show us there great techonology."
"Do you think they will be friendly?, asked the boy?
The father says, "I would think that an advanced technology like theirs has probably put war behind them, I doubt they would come all this way to cause trouble."

Well the people from across the sea did come and they wiped out most of the Natives and stole their land. Those that were not killed were put on small tracts of land called reservations.

Yup, if humans are any indication, when a technologically advanced society meets a more primitive society, it is typically not to make friends, but it is to conquer and make slaves.

That's my rant...oh and I have copywrited that story, so don't steal it. I have also copywrited the term "delicasy across the galaxy". It sounds cool and it rhymes. I shall use it to sell chocolate babkas.

Good night

the movie sucked.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
They flew all these light years to get here and they are retarded. It pisses me off. Humans always defeat them in some 'ingenious' way.

I would like to see a movie where the Aliens show up and we try to beat them and they just laugh at us, and then they wipe us all out with their astronomically more advanced techonology and feast on our still warm brains. Yup, human brains, a delicacy across the galaxy, kinda like how we have no remorse about eating cows, cuz they are just stupid dumb creatures. I am sure that movie must have been made, somebody tell me what it is cuz I wanna watch it. Something remotely realistic.

Man, I hate classic Hollywood.

There was a book on this. Has anyone here read it?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I try not to analyse films too much and enjoy them for what they are .
I really enjoyed signs. I watched it in the dark with surround sound speakers blaring. Even my husband was knawing on his fingernails when the aliens were trying to get into the celler.
I think that the frightening thing is that a lot of people are expecting and waiting for something really bad to happen in this life that we will have no control over (super volcanos, asteroids, alien invasions) and signs really made me think about how I would feel knowing that something like that was going to happen and that there wasn't a thing that I could do about it. How do you think you would react if an angrey alien was hammering down your door?

Ohh and correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the aliens just carrying out a mass abduction rather than trying to invade our waterlogged planet(Or am I thinking of another film?)

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
All those effect are a high price to pay for a meager script.

The lowest common denomonator is what Hollywood would condition you to accept.

The reason I'm not buying a DVD or HDTV is because other than football what would I watch on it?

Barney or the King Of Queens in HD?

[Edited on 29-10-2003 by darkwraith]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The movie was really more about religion than anything else. I enjoyed it, although it was not what I had hoped for.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I thought the movie was pretty lame and should have focused more on why the aliens were here and where did they come from and how long have they been here. I thought the movie "Communion" was a good flick though and of course "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" was a classic.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It should talked more about Aliens... Also and I am assuming it's only me, I wish the Aliens would have killed off man kind... That would have been a better ending...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join