It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you think about "Signs?"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This thread prompted me to watch the film again and I'm sorry but I still think its good.At the end they definatly say that it wasn't an invasion but that the aliens were harvesting people. It was a quick in and out job and thay probably thought that the risk that we would discover their weakness before they had harvested enough people wasn't too big maybe.
A couple of people have said that we need an alien film where the aliens win. What about invasion of the body snatchers? can anyone think of any others or is that the only one?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I agree that this movie was more about religion than aliens.

The "signs" in the movie were not meant to be all about crop circles but about "signs" from heaven.

All the "bad" things that happened to them happened for a reason.

The wife died in order to pass an important message prior to her dying.

If the wife had not been killed, then Mel's brother would not have been living with them and they might all have died.

Mel's brother sucked at baseball and stayed behind in order that he could whack that alien.

Mel's son suffered from asthma and this saved his life when the alien sprayed the gas into his mouth.

If Mel's daughter didn't always have "a thing" about water, there would not have been all those glasses of water lying around. This spilling of water from those glasses also helped save all their lives.

Any comments??

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee
I agree that this movie was more about religion than aliens.

The "signs" in the movie were not meant to be all about crop circles but about "signs" from heaven.

All the "bad" things that happened to them happened for a reason.

The wife died in order to pass an important message prior to her dying.

If the wife had not been killed, then Mel's brother would not have been living with them and they might all have died.

Mel's brother sucked at baseball and stayed behind in order that he could whack that alien.

Mel's son suffered from asthma and this saved his life when the alien sprayed the gas into his mouth.

If Mel's daughter didn't always have "a thing" about water, there would not have been all those glasses of water lying around. This spilling of water from those glasses also helped save all their lives.

Any comments??

There's a reason why I didn't like it. Everything was fitted together. That made the movie predictable and unrealistic (other than the fact it had aliens in it
).

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You've made a good point Cammo Dude.
That's probably why the crop circle sucked.

I think religion was a big part.
They even had.. what they thought would be.. their last supper.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I enjoyed the movie, but it didn't live up to its promise - could have been a lot more thoughtful and scarier.
Cheers,
P.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join