It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marie Harf US State Dept refers to "Ebola Attack"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Marie Harf the deputy spokesperson for the US Department of State recently referred to the Ebola outbreak as an "Ebola attack." What this a simple misstatement, a Freudian slip or is there something worse going on here.

You may have to open the video directly on YouTube as it wouldn't play from where I originally found it. Jump to just before the 1 minute mark.

Direct YouTube Link

Anyway while following the general stories on this I wasn't sure what to make of this (mis?)statement.

edit on 831pm2121pm12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Meh, I think she's meant it as an attack as in the virus attacking us. Not people using ebola as a biological weapon. Plus imo, if I were to use ebola as a weapon, I'd make it Spread somewhere populated, like China, India, the US, etc, not some place like Africa. But so far though, it seems like the attack (if it was used as a weapon) has been successful.

Other than what I think, all I'd have to say is: You never know :O

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

If that is true, they would have edited it out long before it got to YourTube.

Besides hand wringers think anything is an "attack".

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well if it was a slip up then whomever created this attack did it in a very sneaky way....hit up Africa to get the ball rolling on it then release in a major city in each country to make it look like it just spread there.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I think she's meant it as an attack as in the virus attacking us.

Quite possible although she appeared to be going off the talking points page. You'd think they would not use that word so cavalierly. Or maybe she just used the wrong word.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe but it wasn't the hand wringers who called it an "attack."

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well if it was a slip up then whomever created this attack did it in a very sneaky way....hit up Africa to get the ball rolling on it then release in a major city in each country to make it look like it just spread there.

Quite so. Almost has the stench of a slightly hidden conspiracy - FF with that bio-weapon facility at ground zero. That's why I put it in Skunkworks.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe but it wasn't the hand wringers who called it an "attack."

Definitely a figure of speech for anxiety ridden, fearful hand wringers. Ever hear her voice when out whining pertinent questions from the "Press"?

People like that slip up when they use the word.

Examples from elsewhere ,"Quit attacking me" or "Such hostility". Meaning, stop dis agreeing.

Debate is not an attack. But she belies what she is thinking underneath when she says it. She is beset on all sides,

like their War on Terror… imaginary enemies are everywhere.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

How weird. A bad choice of words for sure unless she knew what she was doing. Usually before a press statement is read on air, it is usually vetted in the office to pick up things like that, or she's like my last boss who was overconfident and under cautious and always blew it in some way.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I Am Aware of Africans Allegedly Attacking Aid workers in Affected Areas. They are afraid that the hospitals are making them sick I guess.

Other than that, It was probably just a poorly worded statement about the outbreak (or a message to the Illuminzards to begin the spread of ebolapox, naturally).

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Interesting catch.

In a way, the virus is attacking humans but very odd wording.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It looks as if she were reading from a written statement so I'm wondering how it could be a "slip" of the tongue? I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

I would imagine that these statements are practiced several times over by the person going before the camera so they get it right and not make mistakes, I mean think about it, who wants to screw up their statement when they are on camera in front of millions of people? It's what we all learn in Speech 101, practice, practice, practice.

Unless that word choice was deliberate to keep the public on the edge of their seats, to keep us watching this new "crisis", to keep us distracted by it. Time will tell.

edit on 4-8-2014 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

It looks as if she were reading from a written statement so I'm wondering how it could be a "slip" of the tongue? I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

Yeah that's why it caught my eye. Comments on the vid seemed to lean this way as well.

Guess after all the lies that have come out of the State Dept it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was actually some nefarious agenda or action going on.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yano iam glad I picked this website were things actually get discussed I was just on one of the many other conspiracy websites I think it was glp and everyone there was like ooohhh smoking gun! Raaaa smokin gun yeeeaaahh! Thats no more better news than msm imo thanks for the post snf...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yep. That's what she said. She said outbreak a few times but also once said 'ebola attack'. She's in the State Dept so she's used to the language of 'attack' instead of 'outbreak' being used on a daily basis so it may have been a human slip up in wording. But still .. it's an interesting catch.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join