It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Debt Up $7 Trillion Under Obama...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Can you guys do big number math cause i sure cant.

so take the debt obama came in with, add the interest on the debt then subtract 7 trillion.

Id love to see how much obama really spent.

This might help figure it out...

Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

they are not completely without blame...

they allow things to happen, that they could stop..

but i do see through the charade..i know all about the fake left/right paradigm, and the federal reserve, and fractional reserve banking, and the military/industrial complex, and how things REALLY run, behind the scenes, behind the fiction they tell kids in school....when they tell them anything at all....

i know about it...i'd love to see it fixed...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
the OP Video says everything about Obama's character and honesty.

Why do people *Still* support this fella's malarkey ?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm curious why it's supposed to be a slight?

because it's not a mark of experience....i mean, tell me you wouldn't point out, every chance you got, if we had a president who'd been a wedding planner, or a car wash manager, before getting into a junior political position, then wasn't doing that very long before becoming THE boss...

Inexperienced compared to...? Reagan? Carter? George W? He was actually in elected office for more years before becoming President than any of those people. Congress is about as dysfunctional as it gets and it's not because of a lack of experience or name recognition.

inexperienced compared to pretty much ALL of his peers...

generally speaking, carter was considered an idiot, and a s**t president....so was "W".....and Reagan is a mixed bag...he did some good, and some bad, but he was generally considered to be a decent president...now, he was an actor, and worked in hollywood, which is almost as bad as D.C. in terms of scheming, and backstabbing, and politics in general..so he kinda had a primer, before he became governor of california...."W" was an oil guy before he became a governor....and carter was a navy man, before getting into politics, but was very quiet, reserved, and didn't really like bold powerful moves...

yes, obama had 11 years in politics before becoming president...but without knowing more about what he did in that time, i could not make a serious value assessment regarding his level of experience....but that's ok, since i'm not the one making claims...

Expenditures are one part of the problem, the other is faltering revenue. Not that the national debt is "ruining us" either. We've been adding to the debt for like 71 of the last 85 years.

expenditures are a much larger part of the problem, than you appear to be willing to admit...faltering revenue doesn't matter if you're not spending more than you make.....living outside one's means is why people get into debt, and end up filing for bankruptcy....

lower your expenditures, to fall within your income, and you will stop increasing your debt.....lower them a bit more, and then you can start putting money into driving down your debts...it all starts with reducing or eliminating unnecessary expenditures..

of course, this all assumes that the system is operating in a fair, and honest fashion, and isn't totally rigged to benefit certain entities...

I understand what you're saying completely. What I'm saying is that if you're going to make blanket generalizations don't feign outrage when the shoe is on the other foot. That's hypocrisy.

i'm familiar with hypocracy...i see it here, and on C-SPAN, and in the news every day....

i guess what i'm not getting is: what blanket generalizations? and what shoe is on what foot?
edit on 8-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Why do people *Still* support this fella's malarkey ?

a reply to: xuenchen

Why?
Because if this Thief could run again, these people ( sheeple ) would vote for him again, that's why their trying to protect his Legacy or trying to Create a Legacy, because he doesn't have any only failures and scandals.

Here's a really good article from 2013.

Under President George W. Bush, "we added $4.9 trillion to the debt. Under President Obama … we’ve added $6.5 trillion to the debt."
Kelly Ayotte on Thursday, October 24th, 2013 in a town hall meeting in Hudson, N.H.

Yes, Bush did add nearly five Trillion and I'm not saying he didn't, so people get over it and deal with your Dear Leader and his Spending Frenzy,,, the man has an Addiction and it has to do with spending other peoples monies!

Ayotte said both parties bear responsibility, and that the debt can only be addressed through bipartisan cooperation.

"It took two parties to get us into debt. It’s going to take two parties to get us out of debt," she said. "Under President (George W. Bush), we added $4.9 trillion to the debt. Under President Obama, since he’s been in office, we’ve added $6.5 trillion to the debt," she said.

"I think all of us sort of on a gut basis understand why the $17 trillion debt is bad for the country, because at home, if we didn’t pay our bills, eventually we get to a point where if our bills end up being more than we’re taking in, we go bankrupt."

Throughout his first term, Obama was saddled with criticism that deficit spending has ballooned under his watch. PolitiFact has checked a variety of these claims in the past, but with Ayotte again drawing attention to the national debt, we thought it would be useful to take another look.

On Jan. 20, 2009, the date of Obama's inauguration, the debt held by the public stood at roughly $6.307 trillion, according to the Treasury Department’s "Debt to the Penny" calculator. The total debt, or gross federal debt, was about $10.627 trillion.

Next, we need to calculate how much the debt increased as of Oct. 24, 2013 -- the date Ayotte made her remark in Hudson. By that date, the debt held by the public was about $12.122 trillion and total debt had climbed to nearly $17.1 trillion.

So, since Obama took office, debt held by the public increased by about $5.815 trillion, and total debt increased by about $6.451 trillion.

So she was right on the money. Ayotte overstated the increase by about $49 billion, which is a lot of money, but it’s a tiny fraction of the country’s multi-trillion dollar debt.

Our ruling

Ayotte said that the country has added $6.5 trillion to the national debt since Obama took office and $4.9 trillion under Bush. When measuring by total debt, she’s correct on both counts. We rate her claim True.

Remember this is 2013.
Link

I just can't believe you supporters of Obama even read the news,,, anything other than Huff or MSNBC anyway.
Have you read where it looks to most people that Obama will be helping Africa Economically and he's been talking to our Big Business CEO's about African and maybe Out Sources More Jobs!
Yes, That's All America Needs,,,,, But then again we have the Dem's new source of cheap labor being truck and bused in daily.

Barack Obama: I think America is not going to do it alone, but I think America can be central in moving Africa into the next stage of growth and integrating it into the world economy in a way in which it’s benefitting the people of Africa and it’s not just a source of natural resources.

And there are a couple of reasons why I think America can be central in this process. First of all, American companies continue to be an enormous force in the global economy, and in talking to US companies, there is a real recognition of opportunity there.
Secondly, I do think that the American traditions of transparency, accountability, rule of law, property rights are ingredients that are critical to unlocking Africa’s future. Third, America was, and continues to be, an economy based on ideas, and as we move deeper into the 21st century, our emphasis on developing human capital is something that Africa very much wants and we’re good at it.

And finally, what’s fascinating about African development is the opportunities that they have to leapfrog certain technologies and skip certain phases of development, and we are very good at the technologies that allow countries to potentially leapfrog development. So a classic example being in the telecommunications sector. We invented smartphones and there are smartphones everywhere in Africa.

Obama talks to the econmist
Like Obama cares about any of you at all, The Community Organizer is doing nothing more than Organizing his Retirement and you're not included.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

The United States of America was in masses of debt before Bush and Obama, and it will still be in masses of debt one hundred years from now, unless someone has the wit to collapse the structure in a sensible fashion between now and then, either that, or it will collapse under its own stupidity with no external prompting.

If you really believe that either Bush, or Obama have any real part to play in the sorry state of American economics, then you are a) sadly mistaken, and b) never going to appreciate the mess the world is really in.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I gave you a star for that one.

And one of these things

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

well, thank you...i appreciate that.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I love it when defenders of the system come on here and blame elected officials. They haven't changed the steady progression of the enormous debt one bit for as long as I have been alive.

They are obviously not in charge and you proponents of blame the politician are so obviously either misguided by the sparkling lights and dropping balloons or are selling the balloons.

Its too late, people are waking up.

No more divide and rule.

They write the bills and pass the policies that is suppose to watch our tax dollars at work.
You and I voted for them ( if your old enough to vote ) to do the job and if that or any job they are tasked with is not being done to our liking, We have every right to Voice Our Opinion!
Don't you think?
Much like this.

Congress is calling for USASpending.gov to be replaced with a site that allows states and localities to report their earnings themselves.

The Sunlight Foundation, which advocates for transparency in government (and occasionally contributes to Governing.com), says the site is enormously flawed. At one point, the nonprofit identified nearly $1.3 trillion in spending on the website that was either late, incomplete or inconsistent. In one case, the site failed to report $9 billion worth of school lunch grants. In another, $340 million in firefighter grants was misreported due to a typo. The transparency portal, says Sunlight Executive Director Ellen Miller, is “almost completely useless.”

Federal Spending
And Today,,,,

WASHINGTON — A government website intended to make federal spending more transparent is missing at least $619 billion from 302 federal programs, a government audit has found.

And the data that does exist is wildly inaccurate, according to the Government Accountability Office, which looked at 2012 spending data. Only 2% to 7% of spending data on USASpending.gov is "fully consistent with agencies' records," according to the report.

Among the data missing from the 6-year-old federal website:

Link
So,,, if we Don't Hold Their Feet to the Fire and Make Sure they Know We're Watching,,,, Who Will,,, You?
What, you want to let them investigate themselves,,,,Remember how well that worked don't ya?

edit on 5-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yah well, the flood gates opened during Bushes presidency. He wasn't responsible though, either.

The "presider'" is not the culprit. They are merely frontmen, spokespersons, what have you.

Anymore than Saddam, Assad, Qaddafi, Putin, etc.

We are conditioned to focus on the state apparatus this way.

Damn...you still don't get it. 10 trillion in debt from the first president, through and including Bush. THEN...another 7 trillion from one president named Obama! Does that clarify?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

What was the debt at before Bush took over?

Obama could of done what he said he was going to do if the republicans would stop philibustering every thing he purposes. If coungress would get their racist, sexist, predgidist heads out of their butts.... Then work would get done.

Obama is not the problem, your congress is.

I am an outsider as I am Canadian and this is what I believe is the problem. It is so painfully obvious that congress is the problem.

You need to show what bush ran up and maybe clinton too so that we can see a direct comparison between present and past POTUS.

Like I said If congress would work with him this could be a lot different.

Come on...Obama has never done nor proposed a single thing that saved money or left the citizen with more. All he ever did was take and propose taking more.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
10 trillion in debt from the first president, through and including Bush. THEN...another 7 trillion from one president named Obama! Does that clarify?

To use those #s without addressing inflation & commodity value fluctuation is just ignorant. Don't be that guy.
As for debt, until we abandon a fiat money system we will be slaves. Until we stop worshipping other humans(Sports/Entertainment Industries) we will be slaves. Until the wage disparity isn't completely abolished we will be slaves. "Economy" is inherently evil. Getting caught up in on-the-cover politics is futile.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2014 by Eunuchorn because: Oh my Jesus ATSMobile is killing me

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Hear, Hear, well said. Thanks for replying to them for me…

regards,

'intrptr

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply.I gave you as tar for just the work put into it. I do agree with some of what you said.

If the hens had guns they would not get eaten.

Electronic voting now. Last two elections filled with fraud and rumors of fraud. I have not and will not participate in the charade. Beisdes what do I care what these sillies do thousands of moils from where I live? They don't feed me or fix the potholes in the road…

If all of us turned off the tube and stopped paying tax, they would dry up and blow away. Good riddance.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Damn...you still don't get it. 10 trillion in debt from the first president, through and including Bush. THEN...another 7 trillion from one president named Obama! Does that clarify?

Wait, let me put on my really, really thick rose colored glasses.

There.

Yes, Yes! I think I can now believe what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yay! More political nonsense.

Everyone knows the govt's in an insane amount of debt. Honestly what difference does it make if it's 7 trillion or 17 trillion? Do you honestly think we could pay off 7 trillion?

Ok so let's blame all of the extra debt on Obama because "he's such a horrible President and he's doing such a horrible job." Let me ask you another question, do you honestly think if ANYONE else on the entire planet was the president of the USA right now we wouldn't be in debt by an insane amount of money?

So yea, what exactly is the point your trying to make? I'm sick and tired of hearing this kind of crap over and over again. Wake up already - the entire planet is economically screwed, and has been for a long time. Money doesn't exist; it's all just a bunch of numbers in a big computer somewhere. The value of money (or anything else) is determined by US, the consumers, who are willing to spend whatever amount we feel a specific thing is worth.

Sometimes I really wonder if the homeless "bum" on the street is far "richer" than the guy working 100 hours a week, completely ignoring his family, because he wants to live in a nice big house and drive a fancy car. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Wait, let me put on my really, really thick rose colored glasses.

There.

Yes, Yes! I think I can now believe what you are saying.

So what are you saying I'm missing here? Our debt was 10T when Obama took office. It is now 17T.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

So what are you saying I'm missing here? Our debt was 10T when Obama took office. It is now 17T.

Let me rephrase that…

Blaming the president is scratching the surface. They are complicit,

but they don't' even work at the bank.
edit on 8-8-2014 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

but they authorize things that add to that debt....they have the authority to veto things that add to that debt...

what have they spent 7 TRILLION dollars on? was that expenditure ABSOLUTELY necessary? what has it bought for the people?

the president is the chief executive of the united states...he has a responsibility, that he's neglecting, and an accountability to the people, that he's ignoring....

he's not the first, and i doubt he'll be the last..but this is no different from when we were all mad at bush for doing the same s**t.....do a lousy job, march us closer to tyranny, and people get mad at you..that's kinda how things work...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

but they authorize things that add to that debt….they have the authority to veto things that add to that debt…

Thats better, at least now you are saying they instead of "he". That was my whole point. The presider is a figurehead…

that is all

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join