It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Debt Up $7 Trillion Under Obama...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The OP stated in his thread:

True, but nobodies Praising Bush and this thread is not about Bush.

Just because someone is calling out the current Criminal in Chief does NOT mean they supported the previous Criminal in Chief...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You are very much right, Money in this time an age are nothing but numbers in computer.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

right, and the OP even went so far as to specifically state that this thread isn't about bush...

people bitched that the national debt increased by a ludicrous amount under bush, when he was in office....now we're doing the same with obama...

i don't understand why people think it's ok to bitch about bush, but NOT ok to bitch about obama, when he's doing the same damned thing...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"Voted for this Community Organizer."

You should check out my thread: The Right Wing Love Hate Relationship With Alinsky

i'm curious....is it, or is it not a fact, that obama WAS a community organizer?

is it, or is it not a fact, that he was relatively inexperienced, and a virtual nobody, when he ran for, and was elected president?

why do we need to read someone else's thread, to make a statement, based on facts?

Would you care to breakdown the debt increase to show what can be ascribed to legislation passed under the current administration? How much of that can we attribute to the lingering costs of war in Iraq and Afghanistan? How much can we add on for extending tax cuts? What's the contribution from the Medicare prescription drug program?

As the president, Mr. Obama has the ability to put a stop to a lot of the huge expenditures that are ruining us...but why do that, when it's so beneficial to friends and political backers? it's only the american people who want it done...it's not like we're his boss, or anything... -rolleyes-

I really don't understand how conservatives make statements like "only elected because of his skin color" and then insist that nobody on the right dislikes the President simply because he's black. You don't find that the least bit hypocritical?

i really don't understand the need by some people to hide behind labels, instead of immersing themselves in facts and reality...

the statement isn't hypocritical at all....let's assume, for the sake of argument that Obama was ONLY elected because he's black (we know this isn't entirely the case...it's because not only is he black, but he had a winning script). now, operating under this assumption of fact, POINTING OUT this fact, doesn't imply any kind of ethnic bigotry....

all they're saying is that he was elected based on skin color, rather than experience, capability, sincerity, and desire to do the right things....that DOESN'T mean they hate him because he's black...

do you understand what i'm saying?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

People that bitch about politics have terribly limited views on reality. The only reasonable thing to do when reading headlines like this is laugh at how ludicrous our system of economics is & pray for death.

Wage disparity is a much bigger issue than debt & anyone who doesn't realize that our current system of Living is on a headway course towards destruction has my pity.

Who cares what Bush, Obama, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, or Lincoln did. We've been slaves to materialism and wage disparity for thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

we've established that other presidents were responsible for a ton of debt as well.....we bitched about bush when he was in office, we bitched about clinton(to a lesser degree) when he was in office, and now we're bitching about obama, because just like his predecessors, he lied his ass off during the elections, and now we're seeing the truth...

he talked about being fiscally responsible, not running up mountains of debt, and all that good stuff.....he gets in, and what happens? not fiscally responsible, government runs up mountains of debt, and all the good stuff goes right out the wind0w.....

he promised to fundamentally change america, and he's doing just that...from a superpower in trouble, to a superpower on the verge of collapse into a 3rd world s**thole..
edit on 8-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
a reply to: interupt42

The OP stated in his thread:

True, but nobodies Praising Bush and this thread is not about Bush.

Just because someone is calling out the current Criminal in Chief does NOT mean they supported the previous Criminal in Chief...

What is the point and what are going to solve if you overlook the whole picture or only show blame from one side? Unless of course you are a naive political cheerleader rooting for your favorite team.

You want to fix the issue than you show the whole picture, that regardless which party is on control we always get:
1. bigger gov't ,
2. less privacy,
3. less consumer friendly regulations and more corporation friendly regulations.
4. More taxes.
5. More burden on the middle class.
6. Bigger separation between lower class and the .01 corporation controlling investors%

So what do you accomplish by putting the blame or putting out the faults on one side and not the other? The problem is both sides not one .

Or do you and the OP suggest that its all Obamas and the democrats fault?
edit on 43831America/ChicagoMon, 04 Aug 2014 15:43:56 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
People that bitch about politics have terribly limited views on reality. The only reasonable thing to do when reading headlines like this is laugh at how ludicrous our system of economics is & pray for death.

well, i'm very sorry that you feel it's so much better to give up, and die, rather than discuss a problem, and try to find a solution...it's a very sad way to be...

i also think you have things backwards a bit...i think anyone who just gives up, and accepts that "this is how it is, and it can't be changed", are the ones with terribly limited views on reality....

defeatist doormats never solved anything, or did anything worth remembering...

Wage disparity is a much bigger issue than debt & anyone who doesn't realize that our current system of Living is on a headway course towards destruction has my pity.

are you talking disparity in terms of someone making eight dollars an hour, as opposed to someone making twenty? or someone with a salary of twenty-five thousand dollars a year, versus someone with a salary of one-hundred and fifty thousand?

i mean, seriously....yes, getting paid s**t money for your time is a drag, but that's why you angle for a promotion, or find something that pays better....when i worked for the cable company, i was making REALLY s**t money, and i actually had to put in my two week's notice, for them to understand how serious i was about how i felt about my rate of pay...on the 14th day....what would have been my last, i get an offer from the owner of my contractor unit, authorizing a raise that, while still s**t, was considerably LESS s**t than i was making before i put in my notice.

had they not done that, i had another job lined up....hindsight, being what it is, i should have taken the other job....i'd probably still be employed today, but whatever..

anyway, the national debt is a huge problem, and it keeps increasing...i don't get how you could think that someone settling for mcdonalds money is a bigger issue...
edit on 8-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Exactly.

It would not have mattered which president was in office, the debt would still have been there, and there would have been no effective solution to it for them either, given the requirements the affairs of the day placed upon the White House during their tenure.

Pick any president you like, from any period since the paper currency first came about, and the effect of their response would have been largely the same. The debt will never get smaller, it will only ever grow, and that has been happening for so long that no one can stop it. The only WAY to stop it, is for the system to be abolished entirely, and because there is no way for that to happen without millions of deaths through malnutrition and lawlessness, no one wants to be remembered as that politician who refused to raise the ceiling.

The system as it is, exists as the most awful altar to Entropy that I have ever contemplated, and perhaps that has ever existed. It has no other function, other than to earn the people who own the banks (whose names you and I will never know, not really), an UNHOLY large amount of notional currency, which only buys them more power with those whose job it is, to continue to kick the can down the road. Eventually, this system will collapse under its OWN weight, with no prompting from outside itself. The crash THEN will be much worse, and the backlash unstoppable. Until then though, we have to hope that someone in power, somewhere, grows a set of nuts, and gives it the right nudge before then.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I will love to come back & elaborate more with quotes & responses. For the moment I will go to how unnatural & evil wage disparity is.

www.forbes.com...

ATSmobile FTL

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

but if spending was drastically reduced, would that not at least SLOW the increase? might it be possible to reach a point where we no longer NEED to borrow, and print money, therefore stopping the increase altogether? might it be possible to reach a point where we make more than we spend, and start reducing the national debt little tiny bits at a time?

i mean, i know this isn't going to happen, because corporate greed is still a thing, and government greed is still a thing....but isn't it theoretically possible?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

right, but have i got my understanding right, about what you mean by "wage disparity"?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Start placing the blame where it belongs

You mean on the "Teleprompter"?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Not without stopping growth, and then what happens? You get your currency down graded, and all of a sudden, if you HAVE no choice but to increase your debt, it costs you more.

The whole system is devised in such a way that only continued growth of both the currency, AND the debt, will result in anything other than chaos.

Look into it, read up on it, and then know the scale of the impliment with which you are being violated!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

i don't understand why people think it's ok to bitch about bush, but NOT ok to bitch about obama, when he's doing the same damned thing…

You misunderstood me. My whole point is always it does;'t matter who's in office.

If you think the presidents are responsible for the debt look to the banks who pretend to be Feds (The Federal Reserve).

Also look to the Warmongers who call themselves the Department of Defense.

They reserve to themselves, they defend themselves.

Don't know what to say if you don't see though the charade.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

i'm curious....is it, or is it not a fact, that obama WAS a community organizer?

I'm curious why it's supposed to be a slight?

is it, or is it not a fact, that he was relatively inexperienced, and a virtual nobody, when he ran for, and was elected president?

Inexperienced compared to...? Reagan? Carter? George W? He was actually in elected office for more years before becoming President than any of those people. Congress is about as dysfunctional as it gets and it's not because of a lack of experience or name recognition.

Mr. Obama has the ability to put a stop to a lot of the huge expenditures that are ruining us...but why do that, when it's so beneficial to friends and political backers?

Expenditures are one part of the problem, the other is faltering revenue. Not that the national debt is "ruining us" either. We've been adding to the debt for like 71 of the last 85 years.

the statement isn't hypocritical at all....let's assume, for the sake of argument that Obama was ONLY elected because he's black (we know this isn't entirely the case...it's because not only is he black, but he had a winning script). now, operating under this assumption of fact, POINTING OUT this fact, doesn't imply any kind of ethnic bigotry....

all they're saying is that he was elected based on skin color, rather than experience, capability, sincerity, and desire to do the right things....that DOESN'T mean they hate him because he's black.

I understand what you're saying completely. What I'm saying is that if you're going to make blanket generalizations don't feign outrage when the shoe is on the other foot. That's hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I love it when defenders of the system come on here and blame elected officials. They haven't changed the steady progression of the enormous debt one bit for as long as I have been alive.

They are obviously not in charge and you proponents of blame the politician are so obviously either misguided by the sparkling lights and dropping balloons or are selling the balloons.

Its too late, people are waking up.

No more divide and rule.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Actually the flood gates opened with the Federal Reserve act in 1913. From this point forward the dollar was screwed.
I agree with that. My point was more to the current conquer the world era and the limitless ceiling of debt that feeds it. That began after 911 under Junior.
'
Notice I said Junior. Daddys little boy just signed his name where required. Before that things may have been in a down ward spiral but checked before going off the deep end.

Now were sinking to the bottom of the debt ocean fast like the Titanic.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

well, i'm very sorry that you feel it's so much better to give up, and die, rather than discuss a problem, and try to find a solution...it's a very sad way to be...

Tell me about it.
www.facebook.com/teh.eunuchorn

&there are no solutions.

originally posted by: Daedalus
i also think you have things backwards a bit...i think anyone who just gives up, and accepts that "this is how it is, and it can't be changed", are the ones with terribly limited views on reality....defeatist doormats never solved anything, or did anything worth remembering...

Long term conditioning is a bitch. Reality as it stands is backwards/wrong/evil. Watch the slideshow linked in my sig. Go back a few thousand years, maybe we can solve something. 1913 for a few federal reserve assassinations would be a great pit stop.

We live in a wonderful delusion illusion. I find it astonishing that people actually vote or are even registered to vote. People think on such small scales, its pathetic.

edit on 4-8-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Can you guys do big number math cause i sure cant.

so take the debt obama came in with, add the interest on the debt then subtract 7 trillion.

Id love to see how much obama really spent.
edit on 4-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join