It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$$$$$$$ dentists!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Went to the dentist today for a cleaning,,,, $110 later I guess they are cleaner.
I go back next Tuesday for what they call a little filling,,,, $160 little!
Now the big one. I have an infection under my two lower front teeth. Since those teeth already have crowns they can't get rid of the infection with out extracting the teeth. So their solution is to pull the front two and crown the next two to install a bridge.
That will only cost me $4000...yeah only.
I said damn that's a lot of money, they said we have a convenient payment plan. Their plan consists of using a citi credit card at a low 18% interest rate.
I didn't figure up what the total payments would be but I'm sure $6000 would be a conservative estimate. I am seriously considering dentures. I know that's not always the best way to go but I think it's cheaper in the long run.
Do any of you guys or gals have dentures? If so what do you think of them?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ditch the toothpaste. Most contain stuff that is harder then the enamel on your teeth. (I have no idea why they would put something that is suppose to be "healthy" for your teeth, but is harder then the cover to the teeth, inside toothpaste) Start Oil Pulling with coconut oil.

Google Search for Oil Pulling with Coconut oil

My girl was using sensodyne toothpaste (the stuff that reduces sensitivity to tempature), and stopped using toothpaste all together and started using coconut oil, and the pain from sensitivity has decreased dramatically. I don't have any first hand accounts, but it has been stated that coconut oil pulling helps with re-mineralization of the teeth.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I had a root canal, apioctomy, and finally said "just pull the damn thing!" On one my main molars.
Luckily, im still on the soon to be ex's dental plan which claimed 100% coverage for an implant. I went in and they drilled the threaded part into my mandible. Then wanted $300 for "supplies" not covered. I said no and demanded to see an itemized list. They refused. So...I've had a glorified plastic screw in a titanium piece under my gum for about a year now. Im sure after it's done it will be far better than a bridge. Go online and check all your options and prices.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am in the process of getting full dental implants ($18,000). First all the teeth have to be extracted and I am in dentures til the bones heal and reform enough to carry the Implants. My dentist left 2 upper and 2 lower teeth to anchor my dentures so I don't need any adhesive or other denture product.
Your facing about 2 weeks of Vicodin and an all soup diet.
On the plus side I finally have straight white even teeth,good breath, and I look great.
The extraction and dentures and follow up visit etc, cost $5,000.
if you believe in no pain no gain, I recommend it, however for me I am just in the middle of my "upgrade" and will only be in dentures for several months. Also, 1/2 the reason I did this was cosmetic and implants were the best least expensive viable solution.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My wife had a root canal this morning. It was $800.00. I actually said a dirty word when they told me, and I try not to cuss in front of people. Then I paid them and we left. My buttocks still feel a little sore from the procedure they did on my wallet.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I need dental work as well. Crowns, root canals, bridge, etc.

The Suez canal was cheaper to build than these darn root canals

it's outrageous what they charge.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Teeth like hair are a symbol of status. If you are missing teeth then something is wrong with you.

Boo Hoo, I'm no longer young. I am loosing mine one at a time. I am simply having them pulled. When they are gone I will be relieved.

Dem teefes will nemer bover anyone eber again.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You all should stop whining about what it costs for dentists, food, healthcare, Etc.
Do any of you realize how much money it takes to buy a used, low end politician??

HAHA!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Dentures suck in my experience. I got hit by a drunk driver and damaged most of my teeth. Ended up losing them all over the following few years after the accident.

I got a set of dentures and couldn't wear them because they were so uncomfortable and "fake feeling". Feels like you are carrying around a huge chunk of plastic in your mouth.....basically you are.

They have been sitting in a box somewhere for 20 years. I would rather go without.

It sure hampers your diet though because of what you can eat and can't.

I think I would like to have full implants but the quote I got was $40,000. Insurance wouldn't pay for them because they considered them "cosmetic".

I hope they get to the point with stem cell research where you could grow new teeth, that would be awesome.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have a partial plate and i hate it big time , i had a accident year's ago and my upper Jaw is held together with plates so no implant's for me

97 % of Cancer patient's have had root canal treatment

have a read of this old study www.westonaprice.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood
40 grand? I have a great dentist and he is expensive, but my full implants are half the price you were quoted. Do you live in a place where prices are super high, like NY or LA?
Maybe get a second opinion/quote...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I feel your pain! It's insane how much it costs and I even have insurance!

I went in about three weeks ago and had my very last molar, bottom left, filled. Well I started having major pain afterwards and I NEVER had pain in that tooth prior to their drilling. Now they tell me I need a root canal but here's the kicker that will take the rest of my insurance money for the year! How ridiculous! They wasted who knows how much doing a filling and now I still have a crown and two small fillings to do on top of the crown that will be needed after the root canal! I mean wth do we pay insurance for? I found out we only have around $3000 a year, um that barely covers anything! I am so tempted to just have them yank the damn tooth. It's in the back. I won't miss it and I could still get my crown and two fillings if I did the extraction instead. The cost of the root canal is $2000!

All things medical in the states are so over friggin priced it's insane. I've been poked and prodded all summer and I get such anxiety with the bill and cost because they are so insanely high even with what I've been told is excellent insurance.

Well I hope things get better for you. I don't know where you live but check and see if there is a dental school near you. I know my sister went to The University of Florida's dental school to have work done. It was done by last year students for their exams, all procedures were monitored and she got paid. Look and see if there is any kind of dentists in your area with a better program than a credit card.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71 I go to Colombia, they charge a fraction and then dentist got his degree here. The quote I got here was $13k, my cost in Colombia was $1950. Just look at the plastic coating on childrens teeth, they charge $300-$500. The actual bottle cost about $20 and takes 8-10 minutes to apply. Another thing, in Colombia there is no FDA so they have some medicines and more advanced machines there. Some American clinics have opened in Colombia to use the latest machines, cheers!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I second the warning about root canals and cancer, especially breast cancer - do some research. Allegedly they're a source of constant infection and set the body up for immune issues.

And Mexico is supposed to have stellar dental treatment availability, well worth the extra cost of travel. Most dentists there were trained in the US at least partially but can't charge American prices and stay in business. Again, do your research about individual doctors and towns.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
I have a partial plate and i hate it big time , i had a accident year's ago and my upper Jaw is held together with plates so no implant's for me

97 % of Cancer patient's have had root canal treatment

have a read of this old study www.westonaprice.org...

lol..... 99.9% of Cancer patients have had carrots at least once in their life.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: mwood
40 grand? I have a great dentist and he is expensive, but my full implants are half the price you were quoted. Do you live in a place where prices are super high, like NY or LA?
Maybe get a second opinion/quote...

I am 90 miles north of Phoenix. I thought that was extremely expensive and it put me off on the idea.

I will check around more and get other prices.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Go to a different dentist. Those prices are too high. And ..www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join